Accolade for doing all TFs and SFs

12 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

5% tohit?!

Absolutely not 

I'll counter with +1% maximum to-hit - because then I might be tempted to break my blueside-only stance on my badger.

(I'd still love some sort of diminishing returns for >95% tohit, along the lines of 100% -> 95%, 200% -> 97.5%, 300% -> 98.75, etc. But that's a topic for another thread)

58 minutes ago, MJABBAR88 said:

How about an accolade for completing every single task force and strike force. Give us something symbolic like 5% to hit?

I don't see how that is symbolic. And as an accolade reward, I am of the opinion it is too high. Maybe if it was ACC rather than ToHit, but not as ToHit.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

I don't see how that is symbolic. And as an accolade reward, I am of the opinion it is too high. Maybe if it was ACC rather than ToHit, but not as ToHit.

I just want a reward for completing every tf and sf in the game. Gives me a reason to go through those horrendous shadow shard tfs. And no the content is not the reward itself. 

7 minutes ago, MJABBAR88 said:

I just want a reward for completing every tf and sf in the game. Gives me a reason to go through those horrendous shadow shard tfs. And no the content is not the reward itself. 

What about the badges those TFs already award? Or do they not count unless granting a free power to go with it?

5 minutes ago, MJABBAR88 said:

And no the content is not the reward itself.

Of course not.  The reward's the friends you make along the way.

Kidding aside, a badge to recognize it would be nice, but a the same time - they *are* still adding content.  They'd have to update this accolade every time they add a new TF/SF for us, as well as address the issue of "does changing the badge requirements mean we need to take it away from everyone that already earned it".  (Generally, I feel like their stance there is that if you already have the badge, you get to keep it.)

And I'm not sure this accolade needs to grant a combat bonus - something like a non P2W Mission Transporter would be more appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rudra said:

What about the badges those TFs already award? Or do they not count unless granting a free power to go with it?

Not good enough. If I’ve done every single tf and sf in the game. I deserve an accolade. 

perhaps it should be like a 5%acc 5%dmg 5%mez

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

6 hours ago, Ignatz the Insane said:

"I deserve".  You're either trolling or an entitled ninny.  No vote from me.  

Exactly.

Do all the TFs and SFs you earn the "Never Again" accolade

You can't do anymore TFs or SFs.

EVER. Account wide

>sarcasm/humor<

You get an accolade for the Classic 6 blue side, not sure what it is Redside.

As a badger, a completionist, I have not felt a need or desire for something like this.

However....

Something along the lines of certain day jobs giving a bonus to rewards at the completion of a mission would be lovely.

One for completion of a TF/SF would be great.

Extra merits, incarnate threads, etc.

Nothing too game breaking.

image.jpeg.879c7e6978a0bdf2bbc1e610e97456c6.jpeg

/e poofgone

If we're talking "a badge," sure.  Even one for all redside SFs and all blueside SFs seperately.

On your way there, you're *already* getting a lot of rewards. Other badges, merits, extra merits if they're the WST, progress towards other accolades that already make your character stronger, prismatics (either for costumes or cash) - "i should get rewarded?" You're already doing so.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 7/2/2023 at 5:57 PM, Greycat said:

If we're talking "a badge," sure.  Even one for all redside SFs and all blueside SFs seperately.

On your way there, you're *already* getting a lot of rewards. Other badges, merits, extra merits if they're the WST, progress towards other accolades that already make your character stronger, prismatics (either for costumes or cash) - "i should get rewarded?" You're already doing so.

I’m like Ariel

though, I want more

3 minutes ago, MJABBAR88 said:

I’m like Ariel

though, I want more

Your "more" though is predicated on the assumption that there will be no more TFs/SFs added to the game. Like @Akisan said, what happens when they are? After all, we got the Dr. Aeon SF not that long ago, so more TFs/SFs are definitely possible. So why ask for a badge for doing everything when there is a high probability they will not always be "everything"? And why ask for an added power benefit from it? Especially ones as over the top powerful as the suggestions you have put out so far.

There's some history to Accolade badges granting powers, the fast travel teleport being the most recent I can think of.

I might be convinced that finishing all the Shadow Shard, or better yet, some sort of "Master of all of the Shadow Shard Task Forces," if they had Master of challenges, might be worth a free jetpack that doesn't run out of fuel.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 7:28 PM, MJABBAR88 said:

How about an accolade for completing every single task force and strike force. Give us something symbolic like 5% to hit?

On 7/1/2023 at 8:29 PM, Rudra said:

This will probably get lost in the catfight. anyway

I like this idea in fact. For new TF's just add it to the list to get the accolade everyone who got it beforehand keeps it retroactively?

I'm not sure if Acc or tohit is better tbh either way 1% isn't gonna break the game. will it?

i like this idea so much i would like to flesh it out to include other things. for example:

Hunt all GM's to receive a 1% range accolade
Unlock an exploration badge in each map for a 1% movement speed accolade

Participate in 10 zone incursions (all types and side) for a 1% status resistance (not mag) accolade 

I'm sure this list can go on. Basically I tend to only get the 4 major accolades full incarnates and then spin up a new character. If there were more accolades i would play the character a little longer. Just like if there were more incarnates i would play the character a little longer. Don't we all wanna play just a little longer? I don't wanna break the game balance or awaken the power creep crew so bonus' can be tiny nonsense really. My brain is wired for reward and badges alone don't quite do it for me. Final question: 

If the game was still live, what are the chances more passive accolades would exist by now?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

22 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

I'm not sure if Acc or tohit is better tbh

Accuracy

A type of bonus that raises the chance that an attack will hit by a percentage of itself rather than by an absolute amount.

ToHit

A type of bonus (or penalty) that raises (or lowers) the chance that an attack will hit by a fixed amount regardless of its current chance.

Between the two, ToHit is the better. Because regardless of what your chance an attack will connect is, it will always be boosted by the ToHit's full value. So a +5% ToHit will improve your chances by 5%. A +5% ACC will improve your chances by 5% of your current value. You have a 90% chance to hit a target and you get a +5% ACC boost? It will improve your chance to 94.5%. You have a 50% base chance with a +5% ACC boost? It improved to 52.5%. As opposed to 95% and 55% if it had been a ToHit buff. I'm sure it isn't that simple, but that works for an explanation at least.

30 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Explore badges already give their own accolades. Get all the explores in the zone, and you get the accolade for having all the explores in the zone.

32 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

i like this idea so much i would like to flesh it out to include other things. for example:

Participate in 10 zone incursions (all types and side) for a 1% status resistance (not mag) accolade 

Brace for it, because you know it's coming. My response to things like this. Two words: Power Creep.

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Shhh.....you'll summon them.

Too late, the magic words have been spoken.  We may be able to delay them with the right counter-summon though...

*clears her throat*

Hastur.... Hastur... Hastur...

3 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

It's certainly an interesting way to gradually increase a well-played character's power, without it being something you can simply buy (so, definitely approve there).  I'm not sure about those values (if you're going to add them, make them *useful* [1% status resistance is almost meaningless, given that resistances are inverted, multiplied together, then re-inverted]). 

I'd comment about making badging mandatory for the min-max crowd, but that's already there for the big 4 accolades, so...

3 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

I'm not sure if Acc or tohit is better tbh either way 1% isn't gonna break the game. will it?

@Rudra 's already summed this up pretty well, but yeah, to-hit is generally *much* better (and harder to acquire) than accuracy, especially since to-hit is applied before accuracy is, so it gets multiplied out: 50% base w/ 1.5x acc -> 75%, 55% base w/ 1.5x acc -> 82.5% acc.  (It also is a 1:1 offset for enemy (or player) defenses, which is one of the reasons Nemesis Vengeance is so dangerous - it adds a stacking to-hit buff, so the enraged survivors also hit defensive targets a *lot* more often).

1% won't break the game, but in general, I'd much rather have 1% to-hit over 5% accuracy.

Unlock ALL the exploration accolades.

ALL

(I say we include River Rat)

Then earn an accolade that gives "X%" to ToHit or ACC

But what about Perception instead? or in addition?

Outside of the Proc, I don't think there is a set that gives that as a set bonus.

You have "seen" the city.

• Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone