White Head

Herotu

Why is the white head option (Head, [Secondary] -> White -you know, masks/facepaints) partially translucent? Or are all of the colours partially translucent and I can't tell?

Is it a bug or a feature or a tradition, or an old charter, or something?

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

10 hours ago, Herotu said:

Why is the white head option (Head, [Secondary] -> White -you know, masks/facepaints) partially translucent? Or are all of the colours partially translucent and I can't tell?

Is it a bug or a feature or a tradition, or an old charter, or something?

yeah, certain things textures do not match.  old game.  lot of options.  some have to be repurposed to something else and simple ideas can quickly sink

14 hours ago, Snarky said:

yeah, certain things textures do not match.  old game.  lot of options.  some have to be repurposed to something else and simple ideas can quickly sink

I guess it's the difference between being able to do a solid fill on the body because it's not an overlay on top of an existing colour ... or something?

This is what I mean, the semi-transparent white mask. See how the body white is solid but on the face you can see the skin tone through the white.
image.thumb.png.0e54311b9b35efc2388a97751cb76b80.png

The weird thing is that it's NOT the skin tone, it's a feature of the white, somehow, because look, if we go with another skin colour... you can still see the caucasian-shaded skin on the cheeks.
image.thumb.png.941b9d811bad0a70dcc37b8b85709ae1.png

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Cheeks all rosy and eyes filled with stars!

Scrooge Bill GIF - Scrooge Bill Murray - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

White is problematic like that in a number of places.

The lizard scale texture for torso and legs not only has a little "tan" to it, but if I recall it has a hint of a greenish hue to it as well. Really bothered me trying to make a white ice dragon. 😞

7 hours ago, Herotu said:

I guess it's the difference between being able to do a solid fill on the body because it's not an overlay on top of an existing colour ... or something?

This is what I mean, the semi-transparent white mask. See how the body white is solid but on the face you can see the skin tone through the white.
image.thumb.png.0e54311b9b35efc2388a97751cb76b80.png

The weird thing is that it's NOT the skin tone, it's a feature of the white, somehow, because look, if we go with another skin colour... you can still see the caucasian-shaded skin on the cheeks.
image.thumb.png.941b9d811bad0a70dcc37b8b85709ae1.png

Well aware.  The first time (how many years ago...?) I tried to make a Longbow gone bad I discovered you cannot ever be satisfied with that "mask"  It works for all colors but white, where it looks like instead of a pullover mask you have smeared white grease paint on your bald head.  Thinly.

4 hours ago, RikOz said:

Honestly, the exact same problem exists when choosing the pure white skin color. The whole body just looks like a an average white person rolled in flour.

... and thus Tempura Man was born!

• Haha 3