COSTUME PIECE REQUESTS

I'd like to see some more realistic (or as real as cartoon superheroes gets) guns in game.  Sometimes I can be hard pressed find "real" weapons that I like and enough variety for different characters.

One thing I'd like is that almost any "real" weapon in game could be made a little larger and sort of "thicc"er.  Sometimes it can be hard to see a realistic weapon so somewhat enlarged versions so that the weapons is more visible.  I'm thinking mostly of the guns in game, especially the pistols like the Smith and Wesson.  While a lot of the realistic looking guns are cool, a somewhat larger version would be a good option to have.  Especially I think for the Large body type, try to get something that looks oversized but fits that model's style.

Another weapon is the default Assault Riffle gun.  It has a grenade launcher, it's a gun, and it's got a tank for a flame thrower.  This justifies a lot of AR powers, but the gun itself could use an upgrade.  A couple of new versions of it would be great.  I'd propose one that looks at little more clunky and "cartoon" like, a post apocalyptic version that looks like it's put together out  of junk parts.  And one that looks like a more realist assault rifle, maybe an XM-8, with some more subtle and futuristic addons for the flame thrower and grenade launcher.

XM-8

Xm8_sideview.jpg.e3d2d8380307c803ea945a0e94c72251.jpg

Also, any of the elemental type power sets could have a physical gun as an options.  We can customize the SFX yet but getting the graphics in place would allow this.  So a flamethrower, an "freeze gun", etc.  I don't know how to do a "darkness gun" but at least for the powers that seem to allow a more tech/science origin there should be a gun for it.  Also, if these guns could have an option for a back pack (especially the flamethrower) that would be keen.  I also found some interesting searches for:

Superhero glue gun

Superhero gas gun

Superhero water gun

Superhero toxic gun (and Superhero poison gun)

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

I'd like to see some more realistic (or as real as cartoon superheroes gets) guns in game.  Sometimes I can be hard pressed find "real" weapons that I like and enough variety for different characters.

One thing I'd like is that almost any "real" weapon in game could be made a little larger and sort of "thicc"er.  Sometimes it can be hard to see a realistic weapon so somewhat enlarged versions so that the weapons is more visible.  I'm thinking mostly of the guns in game, especially the pistols like the Smith and Wesson.  While a lot of the realistic looking guns are cool, a somewhat larger version would be a good option to have.  Especially I think for the Large body type, try to get something that looks oversized but fits that model's style.

Another weapon is the default Assault Riffle gun.  It has a grenade launcher, it's a gun, and it's got a tank for a flame thrower.  This justifies a lot of AR powers, but the gun itself could use an upgrade.  A couple of new versions of it would be great.  I'd propose one that looks at little more clunky and "cartoon" like, a post apocalyptic version that looks like it's put together out  of junk parts.  And one that looks like a more realist assault rifle, maybe an XM-8, with some more subtle and futuristic addons for the flame thrower and grenade launcher.

XM-8

Xm8_sideview.jpg.e3d2d8380307c803ea945a0e94c72251.jpg

Also, any of the elemental type power sets could have a physical gun as an options.  We can customize the SFX yet but getting the graphics in place would allow this.  So a flamethrower, an "freeze gun", etc.  I don't know how to do a "darkness gun" but at least for the powers that seem to allow a more tech/science origin there should be a gun for it.  Also, if these guns could have an option for a back pack (especially the flamethrower) that would be keen.  I also found some interesting searches for:

Superhero glue gun

Superhero gas gun

Superhero water gun

Superhero toxic gun (and Superhero poison gun)

Was the XM8 actually produced? I thought it was cancelled during testing. (Edit: I just think if you want a realistic rifle, then maybe one that was actually mass produced would be a better idea.)

Edited by Rudra

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Was the XM8 actually produced? I thought it was cancelled during testing. (Edit: I just think if you want a realistic rifle, then maybe one that was actually mass produced would be a better idea.)

It was actually produced.  That picture is a prototype, but eventually about 8000 were produced.  After the US military decided not to buy them, I think the Nepalese army bought most of them for its own armed forces.

EDIT: pewpewtactical.com says "The Malaysian Armed Forces adopted the rifle for their PASKAL Special Operations unit."  So at least that.

These guys would also make great henchmen:

PASKAL-Operator-XM8.jpg.dc93da259d7ff75d8eee0a9086d2eada.jpg

Edited by gameboy1234
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some of the skirt / costume pieces above reminded me.  Two things.  One a "full skirt" that looks like it has volume to it, with folds in the skirt.  The other is a higher waist.  The latter could be a pain, I think the devs would have to mess with all of the "belt" options.  But the "waist" in CoH is pretty low, down on the hips, and for a good silhouette for many looks it should be higher up, close to the "natural waist" (usually 2 to 4 inches above the hips).

skirt-folds.jpg.886a1db4e3e256393245b5172b6ec102.jpg

2B's skirt from NeiR Automata is like this.  It's actually pretty long if you ignore the slit in the side.  It's also higher at the natural waist instead of sitting lower on the hips.  Some cloth physics to make the long skirts work better would be great, but I know that's a big ask.  I like the way 2B's skirt doesn't hang straight down but flares out just a bit on the bottom.

NA_2B_Render.jpg.564492f781a74be493113e7af9a56d45.jpg

The kosode is unlikely to be implemented for the same reason that we're not going to get floor-length robes or dresses like the Tsoo Sorcererors and Carnival Illusionists have -- it's a completely different body rigging, and they don't actually have feet, so all the animations would need to be redone.

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 10:08 AM, ATS said:

It would be nice if over the years a lot of things could get better textures, but I'd still settle for more parts first.

YES PLEASE.  A lot of the older textures are super low res.  Two thoughts.  One, just a higher res version of the texture so we can't see the jaggies and the artifacts.  These are mostly the older "Tights" textures that are applied directly to the model's "skin".  I really want to get rid of those jaggies.  Second, better nicer versions of the same textures would be cool.  Like the way we have Angelic and Angelic Plus, the latter looks like it's got some normal mapping applied as well as being much higher resolution.

Edited by gameboy1234
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

YES PLEASE.  A lot of the older textures are super low res.  Two thoughts.  One, just a higher res version of the texture so we can't see the jaggies and the artifacts.  These are mostly the older "Tights" textures that are applied directly to the model's "skin".  I really want to get rid of those jaggies.  Second, better nicer versions of the same textures would be cool.  Like the way we have Angelic and Angelic Plus, the latter looks like it's got some normal mapping applied as well as being must higher resolution.

Definitely need some higher resolution alternatives of existing parts.  Like we need a Bikini top to match Bikini 3 bottom... Only one top right now and it's strings are mismatched wide with the thin bottom... made all the worse by the "jaggies" as you put it.  I would also love to see an alternative to the Disco top that looks like a halter but for some reason drops to a point along the spine.  Clothing doesn't work like that, so I have to assume that like the character models having these applied directly to the skin, we should just assume that women are running around naked with body paint.

Not really a request for a costume piece(s), I'd just like to see the costume color palette expanded a bit. 

If nothing else, I'd like to see some more neutrals or earth tone colors added.  For example, we have gold and we have yellow, but we don't really have a decent tan or beige.

Pastels could fall under this request too, but my focus is more on earth tones.

• Like 1

This is more of a costume creator dealy than a costume piece dealy, but...  Several pieces have a matching texture made specially for that piece.  The Sinister part for the Chest for example has a Sinister texture.  Could these be selected automatically if the the player selects one of those pieces?  Right now the "extra" textures are at the very bottom of the list of textures, and you basically have to go looking for it.  I'm sure a lot of people don't know it's there.  If the current texture is "none" then a special texture should be selected instead of "none".  The costume creator knows it has to add the texture to the list of textures so I'm sure the costume creator knows the special texture exists for that piece.  Should be just a matter of selecting it.

My other idea: again for the costume creator, could some pre-selected colors be added to each of the Costume Sets in the CC?  Or maybe only if none have been chosen yet by the player.  The current list of pre-made costumes is pretty drab being only black and white.  I don't think any of the sets need a lot of colors, I was able to get decent results for all costumes leaving the "costume colors linked" button checked.  So just two colors per costume would add a lot of flair I think to the pre-made list.

On 5/3/2024 at 6:08 PM, ATS said:

It would be nice if over the years a lot of things could get better textures, but I'd still settle for more parts first.

Of alternative versions of metal pieces that have that fancypants chrome-effect ... it doesn't sound super-complex, but there are a LOT of costume parts.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

A lovely costume option could be alternate costumes for MM pets.

Beast Mastery

-Beasts from Rikti homeworld
Demon Summoning

-CoT (demon) themed demons
Mercenaries

-Arachnos themed mercs

-Longbow-themed mercs

-Malta themed mercs

Necromancy

-Undead circus

-Banished Pantheon (undead), with maybe a Death Shaman/Death Shamaness lich
Ninjas

-Tsoo-themed ninja

Robotics

-Malta-themed bots

-Nemesis-themed bots

Thugs

-Syndicate-themed thugs

-Cops

v/r
BG

As someone coming here from Champions Online, what I want most from this game is just more anthro/furry options.

I would love more animals heads: Deer, bear, rodent, etc.
and maybe some options to add hats and maybe some masks to the beast heads would be perfect for me!

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, biostem said:

Do you mean animated/glowing/ones with FX?  I think we already have static ones as patterns...

Yes but the one you are talking about is just that static not fire or ice or anything else and I was not addressing your, so you comment was not needed

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, KingCeddd03 said:
22 hours ago, biostem said:

Do you mean animated/glowing/ones with FX?  I think we already have static ones as patterns...

Yes but the one you are talking about is just that static not fire or ice or anything else and I was not addressing your, so you comment was not needed

You think the devs won't want clarification too? The more information provided, the easier it is to understand what you want.

I hope I am not repeating an already requested item, but:

Hair options for the hats.

I have excluded hats that fit with a character because they did or did not have hair.

The following options should be a good start:

• Bald
  • Short (normal game hat hair)
  • Long 
  • Low Ponytail

v/r
BG

• Like 1