Ninjas

Turric

6 hours ago, Sykar said:

Ghost Runner had a tech Ninja protagonist.

3751411-ghostrunner-review-promothumb.jp

ghost-runner-ed.jpg

Could be an inspiration for someone.

I loves me some 45 degree angles! 

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

I subscribe to the theory that Ninja's are not Japanese, Chinese, or even Asian.  They're actually everywhere.  The ones we know about are technically the ones who are the worst at being Ninjas.

• Haha 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

1 hour ago, Shred Monkey said:

I subscribe to the theory that Ninja's are not Japanese, Chinese, or even Asian.  They're actually everywhere.  The ones we know about are technically the ones who are the worst at being Ninjas.

Ninjas don't exist. 

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

1 hour ago, Shred Monkey said:

I subscribe to the theory that Ninja's are not Japanese, Chinese, or even Asian.  They're actually everywhere.  

Well, then you aren't dealing with facts.

Ninja are Japanese. So are Yakuza.

Assassins are not Japanese. The Triad are not Japanese; the Mafia is not Japanese.

You're "theory" is the same as those that would call the Yakuza the Japanese Mafia or the Triad as being the Chinese Mafia.

They are mixing terms that are not equivalent.

Ninja were not just hired killers either. The Ninja were also an espionage network. They had other skills and traits along with their own specialized tools and weapons that make them distinct from other groups.

2 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

The ones we know about are technically the ones who are the worst at being Ninjas.

The ninja were at their height during the feudal period of Japan. 

There is no good way to judge how formidable they were against hired killers and espionage groups in other countries.

To use the word "technically" is an exaggeration if not an intentional falsehood to throw shade on the ninja.

42 minutes ago, Herotu said:

Ninjas don't exist. 

fb61100d6f30772bcc31dbf5a868cfee.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

20 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Well, then you aren't dealing with facts.

Yeah... well... that's how a lot of jokes work.  

1 hour ago, Herotu said:

Ninjas don't exist. 

That's what they want you to think.

• Haha 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

2 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

that's how a lot of jokes work.  

Sometimes it is hard to tell when someone is joking without context, facial expressions, or some other method to communicate it is a joke.

There was a huge transfer of knowledge along the Silk Road. There was a good deal of martial arts information that originated or passed through China that ended up in Japan. 

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

The ninja that can be seen is not the true ninja.

126b0a3e-8fed-4bf5-9330-3cd9900174c3_tex

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I feel obligated to point out that pirates, as the opposite of ninjas, have the inverse relationship.

One pirate is a party (think Captain Jack). A boatload of pirates is a disaster (think the Black Freighter).

(The Pirates of Penzance gets a pass, because Gilbert and Sullivan.)

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 8/10/2023 at 11:26 PM, DoctorDitko said:

I feel obligated to point out that pirates, as the opposite of ninjas, have the inverse relationship.

Yes. that is the popular meme.

One pirate isn't pirate. Pirates have to have other pirates to support them in doing their pirating. The pirates mob relies on fear.

Ninjas?

Well, the ninja you see is the one that failed to learn how to be a proper ninja.

If a bunch of thugs wearing black show themselves, none of them are actually ninja.

Ahhhh....
   The good old day's, which some of us old timer's personally remember all too well... 😁

• Like 2

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...