Make Cold Domination Shields work with Power Boost

Raikao

we're presuming (at least) two sets of tine slice here.

when code was closed and ncsoft, and when it was 'stolen'/leaked/other and made offshoot as private server, and there in our brand that became HC.

indeed a third, when the offshoot became less hidden, and as with others forks long past, still closed, of which ours pertains to these forums and now.

any which way - its been a long time sitting.

but the answer may well be: "wont fix - implementation complexity prohibative"

Edited by honoroit

Cold Domination is the best support set and debuff set as a whole compared to any other set in solo or team play. I say that with obvious bias from having played the set since Corruptors were introduced in City of Villains during legacy and maining it since Homecoming launched, but also just look at the set flexibility and efficiency. It can do anything! Solo +4 AVs! Make teams in to juggernauts! Solo the entire game outside of Incarnate trials! 

And you want to buff them???? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Cold Domination is the best support set and debuff set as a whole compared to any other set in solo or team play. I say that with obvious bias from having played the set since Corruptors were introduced in City of Villains during legacy and maining it since Homecoming launched, but also just look at the set flexibility and efficiency. It can do anything! Solo +4 AVs! Make teams in to juggernauts! Solo the entire game outside of Incarnate trials! 

And you want to buff them???? 

No, I want broken old code to be fixed. Because as it stands right now, it makes no sense. There's an exception to an effect because of a weird bug with damage and then there are also exception to that with powers to suddenly DO work with PB.

9 minutes ago, Raikao said:

No, I want broken old code to be fixed. Because as it stands right now, it makes no sense. There's an exception to an effect because of a weird bug with damage and then there are also exception to that with powers to suddenly DO work with PB.

It's not a bug. It's how the game handles damage and resistance, and "fixing" it wouldn't be possible without a lot of work that, quite frankly, isn't worth it.

• Thumbs Up 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

5 minutes ago, Fiery_Deception said:

Ah yes, the dismissive comments when an idea gets brought up when wanting old code to be fixed. Sorry you have deal with that OP.

Reminds me why I stay away from these forums.

Ah yes, the dismissive comments when respondents disagree with the OP. 🙄

Reminds me of who’s too fragile for meaningful discussion. 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Fiery_Deception said:

Ah yes, the dismissive comments when an idea gets brought up when wanting old code to be fixed. Sorry you have deal with that OP.

Saying it needs to be fixed implies something is broken.

Now, don't get me wrong, I would love if Cold shields could be affected by Power Boost. It wouldn't affect me at all because I wouldn't respec any of my characters to get PB, but if a player chose to do it a set that's already S-tier would be... I dunno, S-plus-tier?

Multiple posters in this thread (and the multitude of other threads linked earlier) have discussed why it is not possible for Cold shields to be boosted barring significant changes to the way the game is coded. OP's initial reason of wanting PB to work on Cold shields was that Force Fields has boostable defense (and why that's the case has been exhaustively discussed here and elsewhere) and Cold can't put out the same defense numbers but OP also overlooks that defense is... kinda Force Field's entire bag while Cold has a huge array of things and the defense is only a small part of that.

• Thumbs Up 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

17 minutes ago, Fiery_Deception said:

Just in time to dismiss someone's comment while complaining about someone dismissing someone's comment LOL

Edited by Glacier Peak
Autocorrect

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

17 minutes ago, Fiery_Deception said:

So you prefer a forum in which every suggestion (no matter how incorrect) is praised?

As what other people have said, you can't look at /Cold in a vacuum and only look at the defense shields. It adds so MUCH more as a powerset, that the defense it gives is just that much more gravy on an already high tier secondary. Having power boost effect the shields would give it the same (or even higher) values as Force Field, which literally only has defense as its one trick pony. I honestly think even though force field just got looked at, it needs another pass to give it some absorb values or something other then pure defense.

29 minutes ago, Fiery_Deception said:

Just now, Fiery_Deception said:
10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

So you prefer a forum in which every suggestion (no matter how incorrect) is praised?

Good attempt to straw man me, try again.

How about if instead of dismissing people's comments because you don't like the comments, you try justifying the suggestion you support? Posts giving reasons why the OP either cannot or should not be done have been given or linked. Maybe try giving reasons why you think it should be done anyway? Why do you think the devs should invest the time it would take to completely overhaul the game's combat mechanics to accommodate this suggestion and why you think a power set that apparently everyone thinks is the best of the best needs the extra boost?

• Thumbs Up 3