GM Kill Stealers Ruin Game Experience

PZephregames

I am sick of kill stealers. Too often GMs are stolen right in front of me and even while others are traveling to fight with a team. Level 50+ can solo or duo the GMs. Makes no sense.  There is no way I alone can catch all the names of the spoilers and send a support ticket.  I am full aware that the game is for everyone, but when a 50+ player(s) with incarnate etc. knowingly sees a post to form a GM team and others broadcasting to join a team, and starts fighting the GM. that is wrong! More observance of the GM spawns needs to happen.

I and many others do not have all day to wait for spawns of GMs. Sympathizing comments to this post are likely culprits that ruin the game experience for others in this way.

Something must be done!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

No one is kill stealing. If other players attack the GM you can join in and fight the GM even if you're not on their team. You'll still get experience and loot drops.

Bottom line: this isn't WoW.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 7

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, PZephregames said:

I am sick of kill stealers. Too often GMs are stolen right in front of me and even while others are traveling to fight with a team. Level 50+ can solo or duo the GMs. Makes no sense.  There is no way I alone can catch all the names of the spoilers and send a support ticket.  I am full aware that the game is for everyone, but when a 50+ player(s) with incarnate etc. knowingly sees a post to form a GM team and others broadcasting to join a team, and starts fighting the GM. that is wrong! More observance of the GM spawns needs to happen.

I and many others do not have all day to wait for spawns of GMs. Sympathizing comments to this post are likely culprits that ruin the game experience for others in this way.

Something must be done!

PF pretty much nails this point.

You get your XP award.
You get your Reward Merit award.
You get any badges for such defeats.
The person who gets the coupe de grace message for actually finishing the GM is utterly meaningless.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

It's an open world and the GMs are fair game and you're frankly wasting support time submitting a petition. 

What you can do, if you've got teammates in transit, is make an appeal either locally or in broadcast, that whoever is attacking back off for a few seconds while teammates get there and urge those teammates to hurry.  There is a 10% chance this will work but it's > 0% for not asking.  If they don't back away, then I'd advise your team to begin attacking, as is, and it's unfortunate for those in transit but better for those that are ready to get the rewards than wait and get nothing.  If it's truly a solo/duo then they're not going to defeat the GM THAT quickly.

There is still a 10% damage threshold, with the notable exception for Jack and E, for getting the badge awarded.

Maybe post a suggestion on how to deal with it while making a complaint?  Like hey developers, I'm hoping you take a hankering to this idea. I would like an instanced version of giant monsters maybe from the LFG/Queque thingy where Myself and a few of my fellow heroines/heroes/villains/vigilantes and rogues smash boom bash pow pow! and a few pew pew pews, on a giant monster (rawr) giving them the old what's for! :Shakesfistatsky: Or how about in the new handy dandy Fort Trident a special teleport to active monster zone where we take on Giant Monsters, that are already in the game, I know, I know before you even say it, it would be repetitive but hey! maybe some of the lowbies would be able to get a swipe in, ooohh hheeeyyyy - how about level specific GMs in this new GM zone only, and could you stick the person there who keeps summoning those Giant Kronos in Talos on Excelsior shard repeatedly?  Seems like they'd be a nice zone greeter.   If you couldn't do this with the current GM's make them almost the same but change a color or add a tentacle or a head or something.

Because what keeps happening is "insert valid complaint from original post above here". 

Thanks

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

58 minutes ago, Luminara said:

There's a GM named @KIll Stealers?

I know it's been eleventy-seven years, but we really need to change one of these acronyms.

• Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

9 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

I know it's been eleventy-seven years, but we really need to change one of these acronyms.

<shrug> Not sure that's really necessary. Players don't seem to get confused about what they're fighting. It would be bad if we COULD fight the other sorta GM, I mean, the servers wouldn't last long without them. Probably some legal issues involved, too.

Besides, not like you ever hear the giant monsters complain about being lumped in with them. Most of them are not great conversationalists, granted. But I'd like to think the GMs are grateful to the people who brought them back from limbo and let them rampage again. Monsters got feelings, too, y'know.

Limiting my already guarded posting both here & discord. Just too toxic for my tastes, & the mods do not seem to care.

https://cit.cohtitan.com/profile/3066

On 8/20/2023 at 12:15 AM, PZephregames said:

Something must be done!

Bad people behave badly.

Their intent is to ruin other players' gaming experience.

My suggestion is to move to ANY other server where people know how to behave.

What? I didn't SAY that I thought that the problem MUST be occurring on Excelsior! No. I definitely did not even type that.

• Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Personally I think its pretty presumptious to assume individual ownership of a GM in a public area, in a public game. You want to fight a GM solo? Make an AE for it, or go do some of the missions that has one.

Sure, you can "ask" others to let you solo it. But just as you are free to ask, others are free to go "lolno."

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, TheHunterJLJ said:

<shrug> Not sure that's really necessary. Players don't seem to get confused about what they're fighting. It would be bad if we COULD fight the other sorta GM, I mean, the servers wouldn't last long without them. Probably some legal issues involved, too.

Besides, not like you ever hear the giant monsters complain about being lumped in with them. Most of them are not great conversationalists, granted. But I'd like to think the GMs are grateful to the people who brought them back from limbo and let them rampage again. Monsters got feelings, too, y'know.

Shouts to the great BaB fight of Live days, generator of two of my favorite BaB quotes:

"You all con grey to me."

"OIL SLICK ARROW?!"*

*BaB laid waste to a ton of PCs; a bunch of them rezzed off a Howling Twilight that targeted OSA. Good times.

13 hours ago, TheHunterJLJ said:

I mean one time while on a Broadsword scrapper, I tried to use beheader on @GM Impervium but right after I took his head, another grew right back on top of his shoulders and then he was struck with a lightning bolt and activated Freem Mode.

Long story short that Broadsword scrapper of mine now has to permanently fight mobs by bending over and swinging my backside towards them.

I would not recommend trying to fight that type of GM.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hunt GMs almost exclusively on Excelsior. I shout out on multiple channels before attacking the GMs, as others on the server do too. 

If I had to give it an average I’d say 1 out 100 GMs are attacked before everyone gets in zone. Even then the game is set up to give you credit even if someone else starts the fight. 

The only way your claim holds a tiny bit of water is if you are an extremely low level toon with no travel powers or temps. The time it would take for you to go from say AP to KR may possibly be longer than the time it takes to destroy the GM for example. The game has travel short cuts if this is the case, you may want to invest the time in gaining this travel power.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.