Alphabetizing telport beacons?

Ulysses Dare

So I set up a couple of teleporters with all the Paragon City beacons. But, annoyingly, the list of locations isn't in alphabetical order. I dimly recall that was an issue back on live, and that there was a trick to getting them to line up in the order you wanted, but I've forgotten what it was. Can anyone help?

IDK about alpha order, but put mine in the leveling order. I haven't payed attn. to the sequence, but I think it kept it in the order I placed them.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I've always found that trying to (force) the UI window into alphabetizing the zones listing is a mug's game.

Personally speaking, I always found it better to try and organize the pads by geography, putting "adjacent" zones on particular pads, and then using the posters of the Freedom Phalanx to provide the necessary mnemonic aid to remembering which pad goes where on blueside (redside had so few zones that it was really easy to remember without the help).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

IDK about alpha order, but put mine in the leveling order. I haven't payed attn. to the sequence, but I think it kept it in the order I placed them.

This is what I do. I don't like the list to be too long, with multiple instances it rapidly clogs up. On the trams, now that there's only 1 network instead of a low/high zone separation, I've seen scroll bars. But worryingly, I've heard of people unable to get scroll bars working due to how they scaled their UI. So on a base I'll typically group Atlas, King's, Perez, Hollow on one pad, maybe also Echo:Galaxy. Four or five zones per porter feels right and creates a fairly natural break. It also gives you reason to have a medium room with an array of portals - which looks more impressive, I think.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Myself, I have a total of five portals. Three portals go to blue zones: one to the lower-level city zones, one to the higher-level city zones, and one to the hazard/trial zones. The fourth portal goes to red zones. And the fifth portal goes to "purple" zones, the places both heroes and villains can visit.

i just reconfigured the portals in our base to the following:

1 - low level blue zones

2 - mid to high level blue zones

3 - co-op zones & Echo zones

4 - red zones

5 - Shadow Shard zones

Each telepad can handle 10 beacons now.  IIRC there are 43 beacons available now, so 5 telepads can cover everything.

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

5 - Shadow Shard zones

I don't think we have beacons to the Shadow Shard. If you set those up to beacons like Point Aleph, Beth, Gimel ... those are not Shadow Shard zones those are locations of custom beacons you can use in your base.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

After some experimenting last night in Discord, we determined that teleporter list order was not affected by:

• placement order
  • beacon's horizontal distance from porter relative to other beacons
  • beacon's vertical height relative to other beacons

Looking at the way the lists ordered themselves, we guessed they were ordered by the date they were created, since oldest zones were largely at the top, and newest at the bottom.

unknown.png

GM Capocollo was kind enough to check for us, and determined that was (more or less) correct; the beacons are listed in order of the zone's number in the internal database. Perez Park is internal zone number 12, Boomtown is 13, Echo: Dark Astoria is 14, Crey's Folly is 15.

So, on the down side, that means we can't affect the list order other than by attaching things to different teleporters. But on the up side, at least it means no one needs to waste time messing with it to try to get it to show up differently.  ;D

So, on the down side, that means we can't affect the list order other than by attaching things to different teleporters. But on the up side, at least it means no one needs to waste time messing with it to try to get it to show up differently.  ;D
Well darn, I could have sworn I had them alphabetized back on live—but there's no way to check that now unless Paragon Chat enables telepads some day. Thanks for all your work digging into it though!

5 - Shadow Shard zones

I don't think we have beacons to the Shadow Shard. If you set those up to beacons like Point Aleph, Beth, Gimel ... those are not Shadow Shard zones those are locations of custom beacons you can use in your base.

Ah!  I just assumed they were for destinations in the Shadow Shard.  So the next question is how do you set the locations that those beacons teleport to?

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

Attach the beacons to your favourite teleporter.

There's a tab of Base Items called "Teleport Points" (they're labeled Aleph, Beth, etc.) Put these in the places in your base to which you wish to teleport. The Aleph Beacon will go to the Aleph Point, and so on. The points don't need to be the in same room, so you can now make a base of all rooms with no hallways or doorways. But keep in mind, the beacons need to be in the same room as the teleport device.