Any teaser what is being worked on? (January 2024 edition)

Troo

Blue Steel is secretly Godzilla? 

Well, every comic book type is allowed to have an improbable secret identity, I guess. But that one seems a little sketchier than usual. I mean, you're just not gonna be able to hide that with a pair of glasses. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 12/27/2023 at 12:34 PM, Dev Unitas said:

image.thumb.png.567ce6900973ec0c6d3c6db23c1bde56.png

0x0.webp

I got this... you see.. this is what happens when you give Godzilla the large coin to pay for your share of  the dinner bill and then he finds out it is not legal tender ...just as you are leaving the diner.....

Edited by Fidoohki
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/27/2023 at 8:51 PM, Heatstroke said:

hope there are some new powersets..

The Monkey Paw Curls....

New sets but they are non-melee/MM(just basing this off of past new powersets that weren't remakes)

Edited by Faelia
  • Haha 1

On 12/22/2023 at 6:39 AM, Rudra said:

Am pretty sure all of them? I mained a Dark/Dark Scrapper, and could only use 1 active armor at a time. I could use Dark Embrace for Smash/Lethal/Negative. Or I could use Obsidian Shield for mez protection. Or I could use Murku Cloud for Fire/Cold/Energy. Made fighting Tsoo spawns of Yellow Inkmen, Dragon Inkmen, and Green Inkmen rather frustrating.

I played with friends that played Invulnerability, and they also only had 1 active armor at a time. (Though Invulnerability also had the benefit of auto-powers.)

By issue 3 they had updated to where multiple toggles could be active, for example invulnerability and fire tanks could have all armor toggles running. For example @Kruunch had the definitive invuln build then, which hit 90% to everything on SOs.

3 hours ago, SwitchFade said:
On 12/21/2023 at 2:39 PM, Rudra said:

Am pretty sure all of them? I mained a Dark/Dark Scrapper, and could only use 1 active armor at a time. I could use Dark Embrace for Smash/Lethal/Negative. Or I could use Obsidian Shield for mez protection. Or I could use Murku Cloud for Fire/Cold/Energy. Made fighting Tsoo spawns of Yellow Inkmen, Dragon Inkmen, and Green Inkmen rather frustrating.

I played with friends that played Invulnerability, and they also only had 1 active armor at a time. (Though Invulnerability also had the benefit of auto-powers.)

By issue 3 they had updated to where multiple toggles could be active, for example invulnerability and fire tanks could have all armor toggles running. For example @Kruunch had the definitive invuln build then, which hit 90% to everything on SOs.

Great. My comment was that at launch we couldn't do that so the bosses were harder. The comment you are quoting came about because the individual I was commenting to said that was back in Issue 0 (Beta) that we could not have multiple armor toggles from the same set active at once and that after launch we could always use all our armor toggles (except for Dark per this person), and I was pointing out that it wasn't until quite some time after launch that we still could not do so. (Edit again: I don't really care when the ability to run all our toggles was granted to us. In this instance, I only care that after launch until whichever issue was posted, we could not do so. That is my point.)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct self-post while typing comment. No idea how the post posted when I didn't submit it yet.

29 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Great. My comment was that at launch we couldn't do that so the bosses were harder. The comment you are quoting came about because the individual I was commenting to said that was back in Issue 0 (Beta) that we could not have multiple armor toggles from the same set active at once and that after launch we could always use all our armor toggles (except for Dark per this person), and I was pointing out that it wasn't until quite some time after launch that we still could not do so. (Edit again: I don't really care when the ability to run all our toggles was granted to us. In this instance, I only care that after launch until whichever issue was posted, we could not do so. That is my point.)

All good, not disagreeing with you 😊 just mentioning is was issue 3 they had allowed multi toggle and changed the rooting while running protection.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/31/2023 at 7:24 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

Ever since I played Martial on a dominator I have wanted Shuriken blast with a few customizable weapons: classic throwing stars, boomerangs, baseballs, etc.

Yeah, thrown weapons is a blaster set screaming to be made. There's so many options and so very many comic book examples. 

As was mentioned in this thread by others, I always firmly believe new animation to current powers would give some life support to the game. 

Pick the easiest ( know easier said than done ) ArchType or Power Sets and build from there. 
Energy blast from a staff or a wand. 

Or combining several sets and again block out powers for that level.
Example AR, Archery and Dual Pistol. 

You can take snap shot but burst and pistols are blocked out for you. 
Yes it's A LOT of redraw between a bow a gun and 2 pistols, but some might not mind it for the chance of some new thematic or RP.

Maybe do the same with the Power Pools. 
You pick up Stealth, Toxic Dart and Tough.  Other powers of corresponding levels are blocked out. 

Or put something in place that prevents someone from going all AOE for example between several builds. We can all imagine the cheese factor in it. 

So there is nothing NEW ( unless you go the new animation route ) but the method of picking the powers is different if you want it.

Masterminds with less but more powerful pets.. Like a sidekick.  Examples here would be  IG-11 from Mandalorian, Iron Giant, K-2SO from Rogue one to name a few.
Yes all robots but was the quickest example I could find doing a google search for sidekicks.. 

Or swapping out a Pet for a new attack or again a bit of both.. A new attack and more powerful pets.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/27/2023 at 11:34 AM, Dev Unitas said:

image.thumb.png.567ce6900973ec0c6d3c6db23c1bde56.png

0x0.webp

Here's what I'm thinking, something to do more with GMs. The coin posted before featured Arses of Persia, but I'm thinking this is more of a reference to Greek mythology, specifically Perseus (persia, perseus, sounds the same, right?) Perseus was a monster slayer and actually saved Andromeda from a "sea monster." That would describe Godzilla to an extent, no? And that brings me to the Blue Steel crest. Featured on that crest is Atlas, a Titan, whom encountered Perseus at one point and was turned to stone. That's what I have so far.

• Like 1