The Homecoming of HeroStats

This is a pretty awesome addon! From what i can tell, this seems to read a combat log and pull out useful information? I'm not talented enough to do it, but i wonder if it would be possible to make this addon or one like it that can add up outgoing damage/healing to get a DPS/HPS meter. I'd love to be able to see how much damage my character is doing and compare it to other characters without guessing based off of the numbers i see above enemies heads.

4 minutes ago, chaossdragon said:

Color me slow, but uh how do you set it up once it's installed?  anything specific need to be done in-game?

You shouldn't need anything special, as long as you haven't modified your chat settings to remove combat log channels. Just make sure HeroStats is running while you're logged into the game! Mostly it just picks up data as you play. You can also try the in-game mode if you want to see some more info!

16 minutes ago, mikesurvives said:

This is a pretty awesome addon! From what i can tell, this seems to read a combat log and pull out useful information? I'm not talented enough to do it, but i wonder if it would be possible to make this addon or one like it that can add up outgoing damage/healing to get a DPS/HPS meter. I'd love to be able to see how much damage my character is doing and compare it to other characters without guessing based off of the numbers i see above enemies heads.

You're correct that HeroStats gets info from the combat log. Unfortunately, that log doesn't tell you what other players are doing. You see your own damage/healing/etc (mostly...there's some missing stuff) but not anything about other players. So it's not really feasible to do any kind of comparisons across multiple players.

Noticed my powersets are flagged as Unknown(Dominator Mind Control/Dark Assault).  is that just due to old code or have i maybe changed something?  i do remove system from global and make a tab for System by itself...  I did also create a HSData tab but nothing in it.

9 hours ago, chaossdragon said:

Noticed my powersets are flagged as Unknown(Dominator Mind Control/Dark Assault).  is that just due to old code or have i maybe changed something?  i do remove system from global and make a tab for System by itself...  I did also create a HSData tab but nothing in it.

That may be part of your problem. If you have an HSData tab, then it needs to have the right channels. Try setting it up like this: https://herostats.blogspot.com/2008/05/scanner-changes-for-issue-12.html

If that still doesn't work, then I'll need to take a look at what's going on by looking at your HSD file. Log in your character, beat up a few enemies, then save and grab the HSD file from your HeroStats directory and post it here.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ineffablebob said:

That may be part of your problem. If you have an HSData tab, then it needs to have the right channels. Try setting it up like this: https://herostats.blogspot.com/2008/05/scanner-changes-for-issue-12.html

If that still doesn't work, then I'll need to take a look at what's going on by looking at your HSD file. Log in your character, beat up a few enemies, then save and grab the HSD file from your HeroStats directory and post it here.

Set up the HSData tab according to the link (minus the black market channel, that one wasn't in the list).  It did however detect my primary, but still showing secondary (Dark Assault) as 'unknown'

Here's the saved file from my last session.

Debug_Log.hsd

2 hours ago, ineffablebob said:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats - Stable/v7.4.3.0/

Version 7.4.3.0

Bug Fixes:
 - HeroStats now understands messages that include a timestamp (which can be enabled in the beta options on Homecoming servers). Thanks @dignition for bringing this to my attention!
 - Updated URLs for update check.

Oh man. I feel special. Thank you! Working perfectly now.

2 hours ago, chaossdragon said:

It did however detect my primary, but still showing secondary (Dark Assault) as 'unknown'

You know, that's probably because I never taught HeroStats to recognize Dark Assault! Must have been part of a powerset proliferation that I missed. Along with several other Dominator sets, now that I look. I've added them all to the powerset recognition file, which will be in the next update. I've also attached it here, just overwrite the existing PowerSetData.xml file in your HeroStats directory. Next time you start HeroStats, it should be able to recognize Dark Assault once you've used a few of the powers.

PowerSetData.xml

On 8/11/2019 at 9:36 PM, ineffablebob said:

You shouldn't need anything special, as long as you haven't modified your chat settings to remove combat log channels. Just make sure HeroStats is running while you're logged into the game! Mostly it just picks up data as you play. You can also try the in-game mode if you want to see some more info!

You're correct that HeroStats gets info from the combat log. Unfortunately, that log doesn't tell you what other players are doing. You see your own damage/healing/etc (mostly...there's some missing stuff) but not anything about other players. So it's not really feasible to do any kind of comparisons across multiple players.

Well yea. I wouldn't expect that. Just your own personal DPS meter would be pretty awesome, so that you could compare your own characters to each other.

18 hours ago, mikesurvives said:

Just your own personal DPS meter would be pretty awesome

Ah, gotcha, now I understand what you're looking for. There is a Total Damage stat - look on the Battles tab of the main window - though it's going to count your entire play session, not just one battle. Next time I'm updating the in-game window maybe I'll look into putting DPS on there along with the XP and Inf rates.

1 hour ago, ineffablebob said:

Next time I'm updating the in-game window maybe I'll look into putting DPS on there along with the XP and Inf rates.

oooh, if you could get this going, that would be hella awesome. Thanks in advance.

And yeah, i'm totally fine with it being an 'entire play session' similar to how xp and inf/prestige/tickets are tracked. Sometimes I just want to slap around a pylon and see if my new slotting has better or worse results, you know? 

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if an update to CoH is causing this issue.... but HeroStats is not working for me on the Beta (Justin) server. There was an update that just loaded which now shows a HC Beta and a HC Beta - 64, yet HeroStats is not working on either. It keeps showing up as "Offline". Any suggestions?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if an update to CoH is causing this issue.... but HeroStats is not working for me on the Beta (Justin) server. There was an update that just loaded which now shows a HC Beta and a HC Beta - 64, yet HeroStats is not working on either. It keeps showing up as "Offline". Any suggestions?

I was actually coming here for exactly the same thing. Will be keeping an eye on the thread.

• Like 1

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

3 hours ago, Ljhalfbreed said:

oooh, if you could get this going, that would be hella awesome. Thanks in advance.

And yeah, i'm totally fine with it being an 'entire play session' similar to how xp and inf/prestige/tickets are tracked. Sometimes I just want to slap around a pylon and see if my new slotting has better or worse results, you know? 

For now, you can still get the info by going to Data->Reset All Statistics right before you start, then looking in the main window Battle section when you're done. It's not as easy to see as the in-game window, but it'll get you the info.

2 hours ago, Bopper said:

This surprises me not at all! New builds often break the scanner and I have to adjust things. (Which is why a true API would be so awesome....) I haven't yet used the beta servers. I generally don't bother with those since most folks are on the live servers, and since beta builds often change frequently it's hard to keep up. If I have time later this week, though, I'll look into it. 

51 minutes ago, ineffablebob said:

I haven't yet used the beta servers. I generally don't bother with those since most folks are on the live servers, and since beta builds often change frequently it's hard to keep up

If it helps motivating you at all, I've been using HeroStats for a couple of months exclusively on Beta and this is the first time it broke. Hopefully if you find a fix, it will stay fixed for awhile.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I've got HeroStats working with the 32-bit beta client, at least mostly. I've released it as an Unstable Build. If you're only playing on the live servers, you can ignore this update.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats - Unstable/v7.5.3.0/

Note that since this is an Unstable build, it will by default install to its own directory separate from the Stable version. That way if something breaks with the Unstable builds, which can happen as I'm trying to keep up with beta changes, you can always go back to your Stable version for playing on the live servers.

Still looking at the 64-bit beta client. Going to take some monkeying with how HeroStats uses the .NET Framework to interact with the game client.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 10:43 PM, ineffablebob said:

Still looking at the 64-bit beta client. Going to take some monkeying with how HeroStats uses the .NET Framework to interact with the game client.

So, it turns out this is *really* complicated. HeroStats is a 32-bit application, and as such, can't access a 64-bit application like the 64-bit game client. (At least not with the .NET Framework. It may be possible with low-level Windows programming but that's well beyond my limited understanding of Windows programming.) Making a 64-bit version of HeroStats might be another option, but I tried some simple x64 complication in Visual Studio and just keep getting tons of errors. 

So for now, I'm afraid we're stuck with the 32-bit client version for running HeroStats. As long as the development team is creating both clients, that should be feasible. If they ever go to 64-bit only, I can try again to figure this out, but I'm not optimistic. Maybe by then we'll have an API built into the client and this will all be academic.

On 8/17/2019 at 9:43 PM, ineffablebob said:

I've got HeroStats working with the 32-bit beta client, at least mostly. I've released it as an Unstable Build. If you're only playing on the live servers, you can ignore this update.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats - Unstable/v7.5.3.0/

Note that since this is an Unstable build, it will by default install to its own directory separate from the Stable version. That way if something breaks with the Unstable builds, which can happen as I'm trying to keep up with beta changes, you can always go back to your Stable version for playing on the live servers.

Are there extra steps to take to make this work?  When I try to get the Unstable build to recognize either the HC Beta or HC Beta Legacy clients, it recognizes the process but never pulls any data

So, good news and bad news. The good is that I have a working version for the Safe Mode client that was released today. (I had to modify my latest unstable build since it apparently changed in just the few days since I made that update, as @Unknown Magi noted above).

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats - Stable/v7.6.0.0/

Version 7.6.0.0

Bug Fixes:
 - Updated scanner to work with Safe Mode Homecoming beta build. Other builds will not work.

The bad news is that I have no idea how to get HeroStats working with the other builds, either 32 or 64 bit mode. I don't know what "based on modern development tools" in the patch notes means but whatever it is, it completely changed how the internal client memory structures look. I can't find the combat log messages that HeroStats relies on any more. If any developers want to clue me in, I'm happy to listen, but for now the other builds simply will not work.

17 hours ago, ineffablebob said:

So, good news and bad news. The good is that I have a working version for the Safe Mode client that was released today. (I had to modify my latest unstable build since it apparently changed in just the few days since I made that update, as @Unknown Magi noted above).

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats - Stable/v7.6.0.0/

Version 7.6.0.0

Bug Fixes:
 - Updated scanner to work with Safe Mode Homecoming beta build. Other builds will not work.

The bad news is that I have no idea how to get HeroStats working with the other builds, either 32 or 64 bit mode. I don't know what "based on modern development tools" in the patch notes means but whatever it is, it completely changed how the internal client memory structures look. I can't find the combat log messages that HeroStats relies on any more. If any developers want to clue me in, thoI'm happy to listen, but for now the other builds simply will not work.

This is exactly what I was looking for as to why HeroStats wasn't pulling information last night. Thank you for looking into it and I do hope that you can get the issue resolved in the future.