The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

In Memory Of Souls...

BjorJlen

Greetings one and all...

I am posting this in regards to some very bad news we in the Celestial Warriors found out about last week. As some of you may know, one of the founding members of our SG, and highly respected player in the game, passed away in late August. His characters name was... Souls... and he was one of the most caring, funny, helpful, loving, and open hearted people I have ever known. In fact, he is the one who invited me into the SG years ago, and even mentored me in the game.

And meant a LOT to so many of us in more ways than I can even count, and even more so to a select few. He played CoH's since live, and was always full of cheer and love for this game of ours, and for everyone who ever played and play's it. He even hosted the CW's Costume Contest in the beginning, though he eventually passed the mantle onto Goddess Laucinna, who has been running them ever since. He gave of his time, as well as influence to all those who needed help or just plain old help in the game, and he, along with fellow member Battlestar, would always bust up everyone in laughter and good times everytime they would gather in Atlas Park.

Simply put, Souls was the heart, and dare I say it, Soul of our SG, and I am sure that in one way or another he positively affected the lives of many others in CoH as well. If anyone could be considered to have a beautiful Soul, it was he, which is why in the end, he more than lived up to his name. So from GL, Kitten, Faelyn, Battlestar, Sunfire, Milk Mage, and so many other in the Celestial Warriors, we love him and honor his name. As such, I wish to invite anyone who met and/or knew him (including we in the CW) to please share any pictures of Souls and/or tell your tales in meeting and/or knowing him here in this post.

Many a tear was shed, and many a heart broken by his passing, but in the end Souls would want everyone to know that he loved you ALL and would want everyone to smile, laugh, and to care for each other and this game of our, as he did for us. So in Souls memory, and in honor of one of the best of us, we end by saying this...

Let this be a loving reminder...
That somone is missing today,
Someone our hearts still hold on to...
As we travel along life's way.

Someone who made life so special,
For all those who gather here...
Someone who won't be forgotten,
But cherished from year to year. 

And now, as we pause to remember,
Let us all fondly recall...
How dearly each of us loved him,
And oh... How he loved us all!

Thank you...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

screenshot_230915-17-39-19.jpg

Souls Tribute Set 01.jpg

Souls Tribute Set 04.jpg

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

My condolences to your SG and to those whom knew him personally, i do seem to remember his name in chat channels in the past,  hope the contest will accept dedicated toons to other lost players and friends,

also  good to see you still around Snarky, seeing you still here  reminds me of others who have left the game

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

for me the hardest part of MMOs is losing friends. 

Sometimes they vanish and we never know why

although the questing never ends

at least we can say goodbye.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, / And with strange aeons even death may die."

farewell

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Strange story is, Souls would have vanished without any of us knowing why. But his niece, who played live with him, logged on the largest server with the name Soul's Mantle with hope to find friends of Souls, who she did not know. She managed to not only pick the right server, but catch the eye of Goddess Laucianna at the right time. A connection was made and we all learned of Souls' passing. And we all gained a new friend as well.

There are no coincidences. Mantle was destined to be a part of our family, as we were destined to know and love such a person who loved Souls too...

Edited by BjorJlen
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, tsoper said:

Strange story is, Souls would have vanished without any of us knowing why. But his niece, who played live with him, logged on the largest server with the name Soul's Mantle with hope to find friends of Souls, who she did not know. She managed to not only pick the right server, but catch the eye of Goddess Laucianna at the right time. A connection was made and we all learned of Souls' passing. And we all gained a new friend as well.

I am not normally a big believer in fate, but that moment I feel was fated and I am thankful to of met Lure and even though the news was sad, I would rather know then not know.

• Like 2

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

6 minutes ago, Laucianna said:

I am not normally a big believer in fate, but that moment I feel was fated and I am thankful to of met Lure and even though the news was sad, I would rather know then not know.

Quoted for truth...

• Thumbs Up 1

Always sad to lose a respected player from the game but life goes on.

Note to mods: It was posted in GD because it would get some notice. Respect it and leave it for a week please. Moving it to a literal graveyard seems disrespectful

• Thanks 1

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

20 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Always sad to lose a respected player from the game but life goes on.

Note to mods: It was posted in GD because it would get some notice. Respect it and leave it for a week please. Moving it to a literal graveyard seems disrespectful

Honestly, I check this subforum moreso than GD (luckily little has been posted, lately). Plus, the post can still be seen in GD as having been moved. So eyes are not necessarily missing it.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• 2 weeks later