I wanna be a pirate for Halloween

roleki

So yeah, Halloween is around the corner, and this year I want to ToT as a pirate.  What AT/combo best lends itself to portraying a person who employs swashbuckling in their pursuit of booty?

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

I did a DB/dark at one point. I think DB has some good choices for weapon customization. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

For primaries i think Broadsword, Dual Blades and Dual Pistols with the right weapon choice fit the bill. As for secondary that would be totally up to you, but if you want to go for a clean look then something like Willpower or Invulnerability keeps your costume clearly visible at all times.

I had a thought for such a character knocking around for a bit too... was thinking isn't there a Blaster secondary that gives you a sword attack or two?  Go that rout with D.Pistols probably.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I have a Broadsword/Willpower Scrapper named Shellback Sara.  You can stretch the pirate looking female bit with a lot of the Gunslinger and steampunk pieces and tattoos.  I will screen shot an edit when I get home.

SBS.jpg

Edited by High_Beam
Added the Screen Capture.
  • Like 3

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

23 hours ago, High_Beam said:

I have a Broadsword/Willpower Scrapper named Shellback Sara.  You can stretch the pirate looking female bit with a lot of the Gunslinger and steampunk pieces and tattoos.  I will screen shot an edit when I get home.

SBS.jpg

She's 66% leg!

• Haha 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

2 hours ago, roleki said:

She's 66% leg!

Sea Legs 🙂

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

My suggestion would be to do what I did with my Dark Lord of the Sith Electric Blast/Ninjitsu Blaster:

Use the individual arm and individual leg option to give your Pirate four peg-limbs.  Maybe make him a Street Justice/Willpower melee to.. er.. boot

• Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 12:56 PM, lemming said:

DP Ninjitsu Blaster perhaps.

This would give you guns and a  sword.  Alternatively, if you wanted to be a little tougher, you could go with a dual pistols/something/ninja tool mastery sentinel to also get guns and a sword.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1