Spooky Season Approaches! Homecoming's Halloween Event 2023!

Cobalt Arachne

2 hours ago, Spectre7878 said:

Thanks I’ll take a look at it. Just frustrated is all

It's a frustrating bit.

Best Leagues get everyone incanned to each banner after they are vulnerable in order to help with that.  Outside of leagues, if you have a strong team of eight, you can have pairs at each banner which will get you all the badges.

3 hours ago, Dona Eis Requiem said:

I could be wrong, but I believe that those show up with Eternal Night.

If I'm remembering correctly, I believe they showed up anytime at night, but now only a couple of buildings in Atlas still have the window decos. I just parked there yesterday for a few minutes to soak them in. They used to be all over the place in many of the maps. Just wondering why that changed, and if we can get them back. It's such a simple thing to have that really adds to the Halloween event atmosphere, and awesome during ToT.

Screenshot I took yesterday in Atlas. So cool. 🙂

screenshot_231004-20-32-52.jpg

Edited by slamya69

• Developer
23 hours ago, slamya69 said:

@Dacy @Cobalt Arachne Heya! Can we get some input on why the Halloween decos have been removed from the residential building windows (green lit windows with pumpkins, cats, bats etc)? That made it feel like Halloween in pretty much any zone you went to. Annnnnd....can we get them back please?! 🙂

Those map changes happen during Eternal Night, which starts during the second half of the month.

On 10/2/2023 at 10:29 AM, Cobalt Arachne said:

Eternal Night!

• For the last two weeks of the Halloween Event, starting on October 17th, most zones will be covered by an eternal night!
  • Like 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

15 hours ago, lemming said:

It's a frustrating bit.

Best Leagues get everyone incanned to each banner after they are vulnerable in order to help with that.  Outside of leagues, if you have a strong team of eight, you can have pairs at each banner which will get you all the badges.

Yet again I was on a tot league and the team I was on was doing banners. We went to each one and I didn’t get any credit. This is just not fair. This event badges shouldn’t be this much of an issue. 

Something I noticed about the Kallisti Wharf ToT league:

If I go to the hosp, I stop receiving exp/inf rewards.  Once I get back "in range" of my team/league, then the exp/inf rewards resume.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

On 10/5/2023 at 3:48 PM, Spectre7878 said:

Yet again I was on a tot league and the team I was on was doing banners. We went to each one and I didn’t get any credit. This is just not fair. This event badges shouldn’t be this much of an issue. 

I think that there's a possibility of range being an issue.  If you're too far away but still in-zone, you might not get the badge.  I've noticed this with exp/inf, too.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

On 10/5/2023 at 11:34 AM, Cobalt Arachne said:

Those map changes happen during Eternal Night, which starts during the second half of the month.

oh GOOD!  i JUST LOST ALL THE FUN SCREENS SHOTS i'VE TAKEN SINCE hc CAMER ALONG AND WAS WORREID i'D NEVER SEE THOSE AGAIN.

ETA -- whoops capslock.  Just like in-game ha ha

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 hours ago, Display Name said:

I think that there's a possibility of range being an issue.  If you're too far away but still in-zone, you might not get the badge.  I've noticed this with exp/inf, too.

It has to do with how much damage your team puts out. At least, that's what people were saying in-game. Ran a banner event yesterday that had anchors at each banner, using Incan to port the entire league over. I got credit for each one no problems. Ran one today under the same conditions, but I missed out on one badge, and my husband, on another team within the same league, got zero. Something with the event does feel a bit off.

Banners have always been sort of tetchy like this, I think I've only gotten all the badges on my first try like once, maybe twice at best.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Reunion also easy on the HW... I guess similar on Torch... 

Everything has been nice-'n-easy for me so far running my toons there.

Everything has been amazing on Torch, the murder hotel/GM/Banners are being run incredibly well.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2023 at 12:34 PM, Cobalt Arachne said:

@Cobalt Arachne Hey Cobalt! When I kicked off Tequila this morning, and there were no updates to the files, I figured that was a bad sign. As I had initially thought, the Halloween window decos in the residential buildings are not there, even with eternal night starting. Only three buildings in Atlas have them (same three that already had them before eternal night). Without the decos, the different maps look no different than they always do, except that it's always night. Doesn't give off the Halloween vibe. What would it take to add those back in? Not sure why they all disappeared in the first place. Thanks!

• Developer
21 minutes ago, slamya69 said:

@Cobalt Arachne Hey Cobalt! When I kicked off Tequila this morning, and there were no updates to the files, I figured that was a bad sign. As I had initially thought, the Halloween window decos in the residential buildings are not there, even with eternal night starting. Only three buildings in Atlas have them (same three that already had them before eternal night). Without the decos, the different maps look no different than they always do, except that it's always night. Doesn't give off the Halloween vibe. What would it take to add those back in? Not sure why they all disappeared in the first place. Thanks!

I'll investigate this, I noticed myself they aren't there as well.

• Like 2

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Red side, best side!

• Retired Community Rep

1086170415_Giveaway2023.thumb.png.d69df1b0f5f7b20d1bf107e4d2759fb6.png

Finishing up the Halloween Event, it's the annual giveaway! Make your way to one (or more!) of these bases for some high value treats!

Some of you may note that there are no bases hosting the giveaway on Reunion or Indomitable. That's sad, but we had no entries into the Halloween base contest that chose the winning hosts. People from those shards can still come over, either by transferring a character or by making a level one on a participating shard. The prizes are worth it, and the bases are lots of fun! I've personally had people tell me they came into the game just to experience the Witch's House. Don't let a little thing like a free server transfer keep you from great treats and a great experience!

-CR Dacy

• Thanks 1

• Developer
10 hours ago, slamya69 said:

@Cobalt Arachne Hey Cobalt! Any updates on this? Thanks! 🙂

I learned that, unfortunately, the texture swap appears to be something that has to be patched manually, and since we didn't do any patches for Halloween this year, it was missed/overlooked.

Something we'll have to account for in the future, thanks for prompting us to take a look.

Red side, best side!

1 hour ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

I learned that, unfortunately, the texture swap appears to be something that has to be patched manually, and since we didn't do any patches for Halloween this year, it was missed/overlooked.

Something we'll have to account for in the future, thanks for prompting us to take a look.

@Cobalt Arachne Really appreciate the follow-up. Means a lot. Please put it on the list for next year. 🙂

Visit the Haunted House on Excelsior for Trick or Treat fun!

Dates: 10/28 and 10/31

Time: 7-10pm (Eastern time) / 4-7pm (Pacific time).
We have lots of treats to give away!  (want a free purple?)
Just walk into the front room of the house and say, "Trick or Treat" to Miss Boo, Miss Lolita or Miss Halloween.
The Haunted House has lots of secret passages and hidden rooms to discover.
On Sunday, after HAMI (7pm Eastern/4pm Pacific) we will run a Costume Contest inside the base. 
HAUNTED-23530