Secondary for super str??

honoroit

'tis great suggestion!!

i made a /rad in a stalker, where it was surprisingly effective.  there the aoes make the ato proc for build up go off constantly and consistently!

brute would be similar, but with a building swirl of fury helped along by things like ludicrous target caps on the nuke pretending to be an ally heal.

Screenshot_20231010_204347.thumb.jpg.e28e44750b46e7adc71eb8de834a5ac4.jpg

Crown Prince Figs

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

I went with shield cause

rage + fury + against all odds = MOAR POWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its a little squishy at times but overall fun as heck

and positional, which is fun, and you gift a lot of mitigation... just wish you could color shield powers tho.

SS Rage crash will hit a defense armor set more than it will a resistance set.

Rad armor is a very good resist armor set that works well with SS.

Stone, invuln etc can work. All armor sets can work with SS. Just remember that Rage crashes hit your defense, leaving you more vulnerable for a short while and open to cascading defense failure and other debuffs.

• Like 1

I got a SS/elec to 40 and I thought it was rather solid, but I just found SS boring.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, Gobbledigook said:

SS Rage crash will hit a defense armor set more than it will a resistance set.

Rad armor is a very good resist armor set that works well with SS.

Stone, invuln etc can work. All armor sets can work with SS. Just remember that Rage crashes hit your defense, leaving you more vulnerable for a short while and open to cascading defense failure and other debuffs.

image.gif.9f6276e7386f46fd585b5d6840b60843.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t know what most of that means. 

mine is a tank, so crash on shield isn’t nearly as bad as might be on brute I guess. It’s almost unnoticeable, survivability wise, on a tank at least. Have rebirth if shit goes wild too.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, honoroit said:

is it crashes like just get high again, or the makes your nose bleed, maybe have a stroke kind?

The latter.

You get around this by having a secondary that allows you to proc out your SS attacks, so the -9999% damage effect on your attacks is mitigated (bio and rad are good sets for this), have a set with excellent baked-in recovery options to make the Endurance crash painless (bio and rad are good sets for this), and use a layered approach to offsetting incoming damage including but not limited to -Str or -ToHit auras, large on-demand absorbs, very high resists, and self-heals (bio and rad are good sets for this).

Edited by twozerofoxtrot

1 hour ago, honoroit said:

oh, stars! 

ty for all the info.

i shall run away, or pretend, when it happens!

There are tons of things to do during the ten second rage crash.  here are a few:

1) evaluate you/your team's position

2) use (combine/manage/take) inspirations

3) reposition

4) Taunt (not affected by (-damage)

5) Use any other non damage power (if you took hand clap, hopefully with KD proc, now is the time)

6) Use P2W vet reward attacks (blackwand, nemi staff etc) they are not affected by dame buff NOR the damage debuff

7) communicate with teammates.  Been waiting forever to say something in team chat about idiot X doing thing Y, now be that time

There are probably a billion more.  have fun

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

There are tons of things to do during the ten second rage crash.  here are a few:

3) reposition

5) Use any other non damage power (if you took hand clap, hopefully with KD proc, now is the time)

6) Use P2W vet reward attacks (blackwand, nemi staff etc) they are not affected by dame buff NOR the damage debuff

7) communicate with teammates.  Been waiting forever to say something in team chat about idiot X doing thing Y, now be that time

and rip out the nearest virgins neck?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

3) reposition

All of the above. My main has been an INV/SS Tank since I0, and have never had problems dealing with the Rage crash. Would I prefer it not be there? Of course, It's annoying AF. But it's never once gotten me killed. By the time I even notice the crash, usually from seeing single-digit damage numbers, it's already half over. If I find myself suddenly taking a ton of damage I pop Dull Pain, a heal inspiration, and/or the Incarnate bubble. Worried about running out of end, Conserve Power or an end insp. None of those problems, pop Sands of Mu. And by then the crash is over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Fabulous said:

All of the above. My main has been an INV/SS Tank since I0, and have never had problems dealing with the Rage crash. Would I prefer it not be there? Of course, It's annoying AF. But it's never once gotten me killed. By the time I even notice the crash, usually from seeing single-digit damage numbers, it's already half over. If I find myself suddenly taking a ton of damage I pop Dull Pain, a heal inspiration, and/or the Incarnate bubble. Worried about running out of end, Conserve Power or an end insp. None of those problems, pop Sands of Mu. And by then the crash is over.

A Tanker will have an easier time during the Rage crash than a Brute though. Higher Def/Resists/health/DDR etc.

Normal content it barely matters though and hard more.....well Barrier lol.

As i said SS can work with all armors, just be aware of defense and end crashes when building/choosing.

Who knows maybe SS will have a rework next patch? Stranger things happen :P.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Gobbledigook said:

A Tanker will have an easier time during the Rage crash than a Brute though. Higher Def/Resists/health/DDR etc.

Normal content it barely matters though and hard more.....well Barrier lol.

As i said SS can work with all armors, just be aware of defense and end crashes when building/choosing.

Who knows maybe SS will have a rework next patch? Stranger things happen :P.

I don't think SS needs a revamp, just Rage. And all that's necessary there is to drop the crash. But IIRC the last time the Homecoming team tried to do that the /powercreep brigade went apeshit and it was left as-is.

Like you said, in regular content the -DEF isn't much of an issue (I'll admit sets like SR might have a more difficult time with it than others, but if you're prepared for it it's not difficult to mitigate). And even in harder content you're gonna be on a teams with multiple Maneuvers, Barriers, and other support +DEF powers, so even then it's really a nothingburger. More an annoyance than anything else.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you simply drop the crash, then yeah, that's a massive problem. An 80% boost to damage which can stack for a time without a downside would be better than any other self damage boost related power, and it wouldn't be close.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."