You know how their name turns red in the Team tab when someone dies?

kelika2

Can that turn red whenever someone has a status effect on them?

Not like a tanker with their resist toggle up and combat jumping gets a weak immobilize on them

I mean when effected by a status effect.

A held blaster

a sleeping controller

a confused brute

a stunned corruptor

that one league member who is not rendering on your pc because 50+ other people nearby that gets feared

etc

Anything to alert anyone that this person needs.. effort put their way to have a positive outcome?  I know if I said 'help' it would upset someone.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 7

As a frequent player of support and Empathy in particular I'd be totally on board with any and all additional cues especially on the team/league windows.  Visual cues like the floating zzZZZzzz's coming off or cowering postures for fear are great ... if I could see them.  But all too often they're lost in the glare of gfx on my screen so some cue (beyond watching for icons) in the team window would be great.  And my focus is very heavily devoted to watching the team window.

PS:  Even just outlining or something to make the mez icon more obvious would help.

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm Peregrine Falcon, and I approve this message.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

5 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Maybe different colors for different type of mez?

Given that there isn't really a specific counter for each type of mez, I'm not sure that having a color for each type adds much information, plus you'd be running up against vision-limitation issues with lots of colors. Red for defeated and, say, yellow for mezzed should be enough. Let that play for a while, and then decide if more colors are needed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Given that there isn't really a specific counter for each type of mez, I'm not sure that having a color for each type adds much information, plus you'd be running up against vision-limitation issues with lots of colors. Red for defeated and, say, yellow for mezzed should be enough. Let that play for a while, and then decide if more colors are needed.

This^

Especially if it draws attention to a mez icon that's really all I need.  At that point I either use what I have (either knowing or hoping it works) or get ready with HO, Fort, Cosmic Burst, etc., knowing I can't effect it directly.

Given that the idea is not new at all, i recall a few times that it was asked even back on live, the idea is okay, but i would prefer it as option not mandatory for everyone.

Can we port this then to Pet window too if it is gone to be realised?

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

5 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

Given that the idea is not new at all, i recall a few times that it was asked even back on live, the idea is okay, but i would prefer it as option not mandatory for everyone.

Can we port this then to Pet window too if it is gone to be realised?

Yeah, if this is going to be implemented, I agree it should also apply to pets. I can normally keep track of what's going on with my MM's pets, but there are times I use my 3 (4 for my dark MMs) AT pet powers, my Lore pet power, and then 10 other pet powers to deal with an annoying situation. (Like Hell Room in the Binder SF when the mission goes sideways, just not limited to that situation.) And that is a bit much to track for status effects without some assistance.

I agree that a color-coded shading in the team/pets tab would be good for STATUS effects (because I don't like to keep the Ally power icons visible... sometimes there are too many!), but I think it would be important to avoid going overboard with both different types of indications and the number of different effects that would be indicated. For example: It is common for Accuracy/ToHit/Defenses to be debuffed... occasionally it is nice to know when this has happened to an ally, but this is different IMO than an ally being slept/held.

This being written: when I am playing a support character, I explicitly try to keep allies that I can assist in my field of vision so as to keep an eye on visual clues for their character.

Make the color purple since that's the color of BFs, etc.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 10/28/2023 at 9:51 AM, tidge said:

I agree that a color-coded shading in the team/pets tab would be good for STATUS effects (because I don't like to keep the Ally power icons visible... sometimes there are too many!), but I think it would be important to avoid going overboard with both different types of indications and the number of different effects that would be indicated. For example: It is common for Accuracy/ToHit/Defenses to be debuffed... occasionally it is nice to know when this has happened to an ally, but this is different IMO than an ally being slept/held.

This being written: when I am playing a support character, I explicitly try to keep allies that I can assist in my field of vision so as to keep an eye on visual clues for their character.

I do my best as well to keep them in view especially if things seem to be heading south.  But a number of my powers both offensively and buff/debuff are PBAoE's meaning some are invariably behind me out of LoS (Auras, Irradiate, Short Circuit, Nukes) even assuming I'm not otherwise blinded by the gfx.  And being at the edge sometimes can mean I'm out of range of the murder ball and even the additional second or two it takes my 60+ yr old brain/reflexes to respond/move can quite literally mean life or death when on one of my Empaths.

I was confused at first about the red name=defeated thing. I guess that's how characters show as defeated in the revamped team UI?

I've kept using the old style because it makes it easier to read names, so hopefully any changes that get made would apply to both.