Two suggestions

Lerch2000

1) (Live servers, main game) A power set more focused on the arcane arts for magic-themed characters. Now I know the history of this title (I still have the CD) but I figured since it seems information on 2 powersets that are being thought about adding (found on the Homecoming Wiki) you do have the ability to add this.

2) (Test, beta Servers) a vendor near start that can auto max level your character, having this option would allow for a better experience when testing anything for the game or the player versus having to level one (there's no reason to expect someone to level up a character just for testing). Now this might already be a thing, I just started messing with the beta testing, so if it is would you please tell me where this option is? I figured it would be on the P2W vendor but I couldn't find it.

35 minutes ago, Lerch2000 said:

2) (Test, beta Servers) a vendor near start that can auto max level your character, having this option would allow for a better experience when testing anything for the game or the player versus having to level one (there's no reason to expect someone to level up a character just for testing). Now this might already be a thing, I just started messing with the beta testing, so if it is would you please tell me where this option is? I figured it would be on the P2W vendor but I couldn't find it.

Did you check the cheats menu? https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/15127-homecoming-beta-faq-read-this-to-get-started/

Or these slash commands? https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/3006-a-guide-to-jerk-hacking-on-the-beta-server/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lerch2000 said:

1) (Live servers, main game) A power set more focused on the arcane arts for magic-themed characters. Now I know the history of this title (I still have the CD) but I figured since it seems information on 2 powersets that are being thought about adding (found on the Homecoming Wiki) you do have the ability to add this.

Have you tried the Sorcery Power Pool?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

4 hours ago, Lerch2000 said:

What do you mean?

The majority of sets are fairly generic (and can be made moreso with some of the weapons options) - no, there's no "Wave wand around" power set, but I'd say that'd be more an animation / "weapon" option issue than "it needs a powerset." For the most part, "is it arcane" (or anything else) is answered by "How do you describe your character using it?" Is it a magic charm you found that lets you control others perceptions? (Illusion.) Is it practice from an ancient book that lets you form a sword of fire or ice from your hands? Is it nanites that swarm out and encase your enemy, hampering them and holding htem in place? (more taking a "magic" set theme - Dark whatever - and turning it into tech, there.)

Heck, one of the people in one of my SGs uses the beam rifle (with the crystal resistance rifle) as an "automagic wand" (long bit of backstory that goes with it - but it just needs to point and shoot, so...)

Even the Sorcery *set* doesn't have to be described or restricted to magic whatever - drop the aura at the tailor and you're just flying. Setting an enemy on fire? Lots of ways to do that - and so forth.

So, what do you mean by "a power set more focused on the arcane arts for magic-themed characters" that can't already be done in game... basically by selecting Magic origin and putting a note in your bio about how you're doing things?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

A power set more focused on the arcane arts for magic-themed characters

Besides there already being a sorcery power pool, what do you envision being different between a mutant or a magic user flinging fireballs?  Runes?  There are auras for that.  Maybe a mixture of elemental attacks?  Storm blast kind of does that, (though I wouldn't be against sets that mixes earth, air, fire, and water a bit more). 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, biostem said:

Besides there already being a sorcery power pool, what do you envision being different between a mutant or a magic user flinging fireballs?  Runes?  There are auras for that.  Maybe a mixture of elemental attacks?  Storm blast kind of does that, (though I wouldn't be against sets that mixes earth, air, fire, and water a bit more). 

the sorcery power pool as you all like to bring up is nothing more than travel powers (the pool is travel other than 2 skills).

Last time I checked suggestions don't require feedback, if you don't like the suggestion than ignore it.

Edited by Lerch2000
  • Thumbs Down 5

10 minutes ago, Lerch2000 said:

Last time I checked suggestions don't require feedback, if you don't like the suggestion than ignore it.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/22373-concerning-this-forum/

10 minutes ago, Lerch2000 said:

the sorcery power pool as you all like to bring up is nothing more than travel powers (the pool is travel other than 2 skills).

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Sorcery

The sorcery pool is 1 attack, 1 buff/debuff, 2 buffs, and 1 travel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

people ignore suggestions they don't like?

does that mean nobody likes my dual pistol/dual blade blaster combo idea?

I'm devastated 🥲

Gotta have the blues or some sad music playing when you do that, @Saiyajinzoningen. You're only getting half the effect without it. Don't worry, I got your back. (And for a small fee, I'll give it back to you. 😛)

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Lerch2000 said:

Well, if you don't like my response then feel free to log in to your moderator account and delete my post. Don't worry, I'm used to it.

Otherwise, giving me orders is a waste of your time.

• Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, Lerch2000 said:

You were asked for clarification.  "A powerset focusing on the arcane arts" is so vague as to be meaningless. Which arcane arts, represented how? You might as well post "Why don't you make a set that does the thing and stuff?"  I can't say if I *like* the suggestion or not because *the suggestion is too vague to have any meaning.*

Of the responses before your little snit above, you have:

- One telling you what you requested for test already exists, providing links on how to get there/use it.

- Mine, asking for clarification on what you mean.

- One mentioning the sorcery pool. (Which you obviously *don't* know about from your quoted response if you think it's "travel other than 2 skills.")

- Another asking for clarification on what you mean.

Absolutely nothing unreasonable or even saying they don't like it. So chill and *maybe give some clarification or flesh the idea out* so people know WTF you've got in mind. After all, if *you* don't care that much about your suggestion... why should anyone else?

Also, sunshine, this is a public forum (as far as "public" = "those registered to play the game.") You don't get to declare who can and cannot respond or how. The forum is *a forum* because... guess what... feedback and discussion is part of the process.

If you don't like that? Use email or private messaging. Then nobody has to know you said anything at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

36 minutes ago, Greycat said:

You were asked for clarification.  "A powerset focusing on the arcane arts" is so vague as to be meaningless. Which arcane arts, represented how? You might as well post "Why don't you make a set that does the thing and stuff?"  I can't say if I *like* the suggestion or not because *the suggestion is too vague to have any meaning.*

Of the responses before your little snit above, you have:

- One telling you what you requested for test already exists, providing links on how to get there/use it.

- Mine, asking for clarification on what you mean.

- One mentioning the sorcery pool. (Which you obviously *don't* know about from your quoted response if you think it's "travel other than 2 skills.")

- Another asking for clarification on what you mean.

Absolutely nothing unreasonable or even saying they don't like it. So chill and *maybe give some clarification or flesh the idea out* so people know WTF you've got in mind. After all, if *you* don't care that much about your suggestion... why should anyone else?

Also, sunshine, this is a public forum (as far as "public" = "those registered to play the game.") You don't get to declare who can and cannot respond or how. The forum is *a forum* because... guess what... feedback and discussion is part of the process.

If you don't like that? Use email or private messaging. Then nobody has to know you said anything at all.

Clarification?

well the animation mainly, but I think I found a solution on wiki, something about replacing the animations of the power sets, but I am a retired plumber, not a programmer so whether or not I can figure it out who knows?
(still trying to make heads or tails of it)

as far as the sunshine bit, kid, that doesn't give the right to try and instigate issues were it's not required.

Edited by Lerch2000
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, Lerch2000 said:

as far as the sunshine bit, kid, that doesn't give the right to try and instigate issues were it's not required.

Actually it does. At least according to this post from a MODERATOR:

But hey, you just keep on trying to tell people what they're allowed to say on the internet. Let me know how that works out for you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Actually it does. At least according to this post from a MODERATOR:

But hey, you just keep on trying to tell people what they're allowed to say on the internet. Let me know how that works out for you.

Maybe you should read your own message about being "narcissistic". But you continue trolling, and see where that gets you.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Maybe you should read your own message about being "narcissistic". But you continue trolling, and see where that gets you.

Neither replying to your posts, nor disagreeing with you is narcissistic or trolling. But sure, let's see where it gets me.  🤣 😁 😁 🤣

• Thumbs Down 1

17 hours ago, Lerch2000 said:

Last time I checked suggestions don't require feedback, if you don't like the suggestion then ignore it.

You’ve never actually used the Sorcery pool, or taken the time to look up what it has, have you? There’s only one travel power in it!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Being an omni-wizard is hard to do or does not work at low levels.

Sure you can be a fire wizard or lightning wizard but nothing captures the feel of a harry potter game or a generic fantasy wizard in other mmos.

To be fair, very little is easy to do or works well at low levels.  😉

"I am an all powerful god come to Earth!" *gets taken out by a vomiting meat-robot.*

"I am the ultimate warrior, an immortal with 1000 years of combat experience, time traveling to defeat all foes!" *gets taken out by a schmuck with a baseball bat.*

And as far as feel... yeah, the fact COH (a) isnt' going to be as focused on any sort of representation - the game's very broad in what it lets you do, but not deep in the representation, versus something like (say) one of the Diablo games which has very few classes, focused spells/animations/items for them though, specifically to let your (say) "person who fights with fire" do that however that character wants to, and (b) anything requiring new assets is going to be harder - we don't have the live team or all the tools they had (or a team working at *just* this.)

Which in its way cycles back to the OP in "what kind of arcane do you have in mind?" Would something that could be recycled from existing assets work? Power customization that (say) uses the various "magic circles" that show up now at the foot of targets? Or is it a "no, I really need to be waving a wand/crystal ball/skull around for the right feel" thing?

57 minutes ago, Cybersbe said:

You’ve never actually used the Sorcery pool, or taken the time to look up what it has, have you? There’s only one travel power in it!

Actually, I have but I will admit I did get the sorcery pool confused with travel (since travel is the one I usually do), you can blame that on age, and if you all find it necessary to attack that it will be funny when it happens to you. But you can continue showing bravery by riding on other people's coattails.

As far as the forums suggestions, suggestions in all game forums are for suggestions only, the feedback part is for feedback about the game only, and most people already know this. The reason is if you allow people's suggestions open for attack by cowards (such as these) you'll show others that their suggestions are unwelcome. As for the feedback issue, Games don't normally allow feedback on suggestions because of the attacks (bullies) they love to show themselves because of a lack of a spine.

Edited by Lerch2000
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, Greycat said:

To be fair, very little is easy to do or works well at low levels.  😉

"I am an all powerful god come to Earth!" *gets taken out by a vomiting meat-robot.*

"I am the ultimate warrior, an immortal with 1000 years of combat experience, time traveling to defeat all foes!" *gets taken out by a schmuck with a baseball bat.*

And as far as feel... yeah, the fact COH (a) isnt' going to be as focused on any sort of representation - the game's very broad in what it lets you do, but not deep in the representation, versus something like (say) one of the Diablo games which has very few classes, focused spells/animations/items for them though, specifically to let your (say) "person who fights with fire" do that however that character wants to, and (b) anything requiring new assets is going to be harder - we don't have the live team or all the tools they had (or a team working at *just* this.)

Which in its way cycles back to the OP in "what kind of arcane do you have in mind?" Would something that could be recycled from existing assets work? Power customization that (say) uses the various "magic circles" that show up now at the foot of targets? Or is it a "no, I really need to be waving a wand/crystal ball/skull around for the right feel" thing?

What I was mainly suggesting is a more arcane-friendly skill set (animation mainly), I thought I found a way around it with the customizations in wiki. The article I found in the wiki was talking about preselected options. and not just replacing animations themselves.

3 hours ago, Lerch2000 said:

Actually, I have but I will admit I did get the sorcery pool confused with travel (since travel is the one I usually do), you can blame that on age, and if you all find it necessary to attack that it will be funny when it happens to you. But you can continue showing bravery by riding on other people's coattails.

As far as the forums suggestions, suggestions in all game forums are for suggestions only, the feedback part is for feedback about the game only, and most people already know this. The reason is if you allow people's suggestions open for attack by cowards (such as these) you'll show others that their suggestions are unwelcome. As for the feedback issue, Games don't normally allow feedback on suggestions because of the attacks (bullies) they love to show themselves because of a lack of a spine.

Okay, I’ll concede that I made an assumption and I was wrong. I’m sorry. However, most of the other posters here are not so much attacking you as they are providing feedback.

And from my perspective, you were asking for something already in the game. On both fronts, actually. (The “instant max level” option is available via the “Temporal Warrior” option in character creation, though your character is limited to PVP and Pocket D if you pick it.) If you were specifically referring to primary powers rather than power pools, then believe it or not, I actually think that’s a decent idea. I’ve commented on a “magic wand” thread to mention my idea of a magic (or whatever you roleplay it as) set that can change elemental properties, like Dual Pistols. 

But regardless, you don’t do yourself any favors by treating every comment that doesn’t outright agree as an attack on you. That just serves to alienate people that would be open for a proper discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

People take Sorcery for a lot of reasons.

• Arcane Bolt is good damage when its proc is up. I find it consistently outdamages my epic pool's blast (though not the snipe), and it's available as a ranged attack as early as level 4.

• Rune of Protection is a great oh-shit button (or just something to press before harder pulls), even after its recharge nerf. Especially for otherwise defense-heavy characters with little resistances elsewhere, like my many scrappers and stalkers. And it shines so much with /Regen that I might have to rebuild mine to include it.

• Spirit Ward is apparently okay for a bit of support if you team a lot more than you solo, though I've had little reason to take it as someone who solos a lot, and plays archetypes with bad support scalars. This one might be truly skippable unless you're playing a defender/controller/corruptor and your chosen support set doesn't have an absorb shield in it.

• Enflame is apparently pretty great AoE? I've heard good things about it but never taken it myself, so, can't confirm.

Mystic Flight/Translocation is just the cherry on top of that pool, in that it combines travel with other really useful things into only one of your four pool selections, especially if you are already playing a defense set and have no need for Hover as an LotG mule.

• Like 1

Yep, Sorcery got a massive buff lately. And it provides an elemental power to contribute to the "fire/ice/lighting" perception that wizards have had since Final Fantasy did it that way.

Electric/Cold blaster with Sorcery (enflame) and the Fire ancillary, does all three of those elements in respectable quantities, and gets to cast Magic Missile at the darkness.

The only thing that's really missing is the ability to use a staff visual with your elemental blast sets. It's a shame the Blackwand and Nemesis Staff get sheathed when you activate primary powers.

• Like 1