New Hami-O: Acc/Rech

11 hours ago, FupDup said:

There's already the D-Sync Provocation for this, but they're hella expensive. 

They're expensive because they have no HO counterpart and are only available from the Aeon SF. There are 11 types of HOs but 20 types of D-Syncs. Most of the other D-Syncs with no HO counterpart are also pricey. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Accuracy/Endurance is definitely a piece I crave... typically I will have AoE attack powers on low DPS characters who specifically want a piece like that for %proc attacks. Similarly, would it have been the end of the world to also have an Endurance/Recharge (only) Hami-O so we weren't all chasing D-Sync Decelerations?

An Accuracy/Threat piece would have been nice, as there are plenty of Threat powers that are not Auto-Hit, and I've seen a few builds with Taunt auras that could probably use one. See also Threat/Endurance for toggles. I realize that PVP concerns put a real whammy on all things "Taunt", but if the Homecoming team can expand the number Endurance Modification sets, surely there is some room for new Threat pieces. I think it is crazy that there are no Accuracy/Threat, Endurance/Threat, or Accuracy/Endurance pieces in any Threat set. Even the Fear sets have those types of combinations!

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 6:20 PM, Rudra said:

D-Sync Provocation. It has Taunt, Placate, Accuracy, and Recharge +33.3%, and doesn't need to have a taunt or placate effect in the power to slot it.

Huh, I've never heard of these. Time to hit the AH!

Still, it sure would be nice to have a Hami or IO version of this. 

On 1/1/2024 at 4:38 PM, ninja surprise said:

Be careful; they are pricy!  I could give you a few but, meh, I don't really want to.

Who run Bartertown?

On 12/30/2023 at 8:16 PM, ninja surprise said:

Sure would be sweet to have a Hami-O enhancement that does Acc/Rech.

There's a handful of powers that don't take sets and would be fine with a single Acc/Rech enhancement.

I'm fully onboard with an acc/recharge & an acc/endurance HO.

Dsync Provoc's need some competition.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

21 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I'm fully onboard with an acc/recharge & an acc/endurance HO.

Dsync Provoc's need some competition.

Some of us like the current Provocation market, and this would destroy it. 

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

Some of us like the current Provocation market, and this would destroy it. 

I don't think it would destroy it. Sure it would increase the availability of acc/recharge but given the amount of potential drops off Hami, I see it being equivalent to say a microfilament. If you can't keep in business off that profit margin, you might have to diversify your investment portfolio.

5 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I don't think it would destroy it. Sure it would increase the availability of acc/recharge but given the amount of potential drops off Hami, I see it being equivalent to say a microfilament. If you can't keep in business off that profit margin, you might have to diversify your investment portfolio.

A Microfilament is worth pennies compared to getting a lucky Provocation drop. No thanks. 

24 minutes ago, arcane said:

A Microfilament is worth pennies compared to getting a lucky Provocation drop. No thanks. 

Maybe this is just me assuming but you've been here for years, just as I have, and I have difficulty imagining you really need the influence at this point. I could definitely be wrong, perhaps you're not an avid marketeer or don't play at max level for the expanded drop lists and increased influence rate that much, maybe you don't farm.

Last time I checked a Microfilament was still trading for more than a Winter IO. I mean the cost of a provocation is definitely outside the reach of your typical player, and most players will likely get them running ASF's.

Is there any other reason besides profit margins that you wouldn't want to make this type of enhancement more obtainable to the general player base?

Realistically, this post is another theoretical discussion, as the likelihood of new HOs being released is miniscule, so I am more interested in learning the perspective of people that would be opposed to this kind of request (which I would argue would be a QoL improvement for the majority of the player base).

26 minutes ago, arcane said:

There are 11 types of HOs and 20 types of D-Syncs. All of the HO types are duplicated within the D-Sync types. You already have the chance to receive an Acceleration when you run Aeon (pooled with Microfilament on the AH). Rather than increase the HO list to 20, perhaps the answer is to reduce the D-Sync list to just the 9 unique drops. This would effectively increase the supply of those items, as you would no longer have a chance to receive the 11 HO duplicates when running Aeon.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

15 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Maybe this is just me assuming but you've been here for years, just as I have, and I have difficulty imagining you really need the influence at this point. I could definitely be wrong, perhaps you're not an avid marketeer or don't play at max level for the expanded drop lists and increased influence rate that much, maybe you don't farm.

Last time I checked a Microfilament was still trading for more than a Winter IO. I mean the cost of a provocation is definitely outside the reach of your typical player, and most players will likely get them running ASF's.

Is there any other reason besides profit margins that you wouldn't want to make this type of enhancement more obtainable to the general player base?

Realistically, this post is another theoretical discussion, as the likelihood of new HOs being released is miniscule, so I am more interested in learning the perspective of people that would be opposed to this kind of request (which I would argue would be a QoL improvement for the majority of the player base).

I don’t have plenty of money. I’m sitting on about 100 mil of free cash at the moment because I spend my cash. I have some indicators of wealth for being around awhile (lots of alts, mini modes, etc), but the desire for more cash is there.

I guess there’s not a reason besides profit margins, no. Unless you count that I simply don’t mind the game having a couple items here and there that take more than an hour to acquire. Other MMO’s have things like legendary items that require weeks of work. If the Provocation market changes, that pretty much only leaves aether particle items having any significant value.

• City Council
On 1/1/2024 at 10:38 PM, ninja surprise said:

image.png.4c59e7906e7d1882da33fd57b1a3d7cb.png

Not really an spoiler since it was obvious it was going to happen eventually.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 2

50 minutes ago, Faultline said:

image.png.4c59e7906e7d1882da33fd57b1a3d7cb.png

Not really an spoiler since it was obvious it was going to happen eventually.

I think that's a great idea, but it provokes a question: Does this mean the plan is to have Hami versions of all unique Dsyncs? Or am I just speculating here?

Thanks Fault.

3 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I think that's a great idea, but it provokes a question: Does this mean the plan is to have Hami versions of all unique Dsyncs? Or am I just speculating here?

Thanks Fault.

Join the closed beta and you'll find out. :classic_ninja:

(See signature link)

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

1 hour ago, FupDup said:

Join the closed beta and you'll find out. :classic_ninja:

(See signature link)

I am, lol. I just haven't been active in the game the last couple of weeks. Been pretty busy with work and the 1 year old around the holidays. I suppose I should check the patch notes and discord.

Edit: I I just read through the notes. Thanks for asking the question I would have if it wasn't already answered.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

The tears of the "but muh inf from provos" crowd are delicious.  By the way I stand to lose a lot of FMV (got a few lvl 53s I rotate to active characters from inactive ones) from a provo crash and I'm a-ok with that.