NCSOFT & Homecoming License Announcement

So this is great news but I do have a question to follow-up on the announcement:

Does this being out of the way mean that you guys will be able to focus on getting updates out more regularly? Powerset reworks, new content, costume stuff, balance changes, QOL updates? Things have been mighty quiet on that front for a while now. I gotta assume the uncertainty of this issue probably had something to do with it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1
  • Banjo 1

• City Council
17 minutes ago, RoboKnight said:

What if our original account was banned on live? That won't affect anything on HC right? 

That won't affect anything on HC. As long as you continue to abide by the Code of Conduct, you'll be able to continue to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cannot imagine the time and effort that went into getting this license but I thanks to everyone involved! This is amazing news! Never did I think I would still be playing CoH so  many years after shutdown. ❤️

34 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

I am going to ask outright because I think some people would like to know: does the licence agreement require, or indeed permit, HC to defend or protect the licence, for example by requesting other extant servers not affiliated with them to cease and desist operation?

While I think it's a good thing that you have successfully protected Homecoming, it would be a great shame to see other smaller servers suffer as a consequence.

Generally speaking, licensors do not require licensees to enforce other license agreements, breeches, and etc. with other entities. So, that would be a super strange clause if that were part of it. I think the only "danger" to other servers is that Homecoming may eat an even larger proportion of new players than it already does, having an official agreement with NCsoft. 

Edited by kwsapphire
  • Like 1

Coloden.png

Un-freakin'-real. I had long ago given up hope that this would happen. Great job, HC team! What a great start to the new year.

I hope that being renamed the City Council won't require you to behave like Robert Alderman the in-game City Council member.  😉 

Like others in this thread, I am unclear on what rights and obligations being a Licensee conveys on HomeComing, but if nothing else, we at least don't have to nervously look over our shoulders every day, wondering if NCSoft will suddenly decide to serve a C&D order. 

• Haha 1

Congratulations! and big Thankyous! to all who have worked so hard to maintain this little treasure of ours.. 

57124618_595176157618859_3660574908116631552_n.jpg.48e10b7cf91ef35a78f21082129b1f17.jpg

4 minutes ago, Songseven said:

Congratulations! and big Thankyous! to all who have worked so hard to maintain this little treasure of ours.. 

57124618_595176157618859_3660574908116631552_n.jpg.48e10b7cf91ef35a78f21082129b1f17.jpg

The Seal of Approval!

• Haha 2
  • Finland 1
  • Moose 1

This is very awesome.

Will there be any changes to the Code of Conduct or Terms of Service?
The existing User Agreement has been superseded by our new Terms of Service. The Code of Conduct and Privacy Policy have also received minor updates.

Would it be possible to get a summary of these changes?

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

Woot!

Gratz to all that have worked so hard for so long to get to this point.
I always retrain myself to a single 🙂 per post. However:

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

• Haha 1

Congratulations!

Wow, 2024 is off to a great start. Since you're adding more members to the Council of Thirteen what do I call you now? The Council of Seventeen? The Council of Nineteen?

The City Council just doesn't sound conspiratorial enough for me.  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

5 Hours and already 6 pages... This just opened up all new possibilities for CoH Homecoming. I hope this can consolidate some of the other servers out there and grow are community again.  You guys have done so much and such a short period of time. Just amazing what you all have done. Not just with the game itself but all the red tape and just everything. All of you who had any part of Homecoming and helping this happen and maintaining the game, and also the mods who listen to our whiney posts.  Thank you from the bottom of my CoH loving heart.

Holy crap!

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)