Homecoming Costume Contest! (January 14th on Torchbearer, Indomitable, & Reunion)!

• City Council

:city_of_heroes_statesman_icon_sh: Costume Contest! :city_of_villains_arachnos_icon_s:

Torchbearer, Indomitable & Reunion

Sunday, January 14th

To help kick-off 2024, in addition to some fun in-game events currently happening, we'd like to start the year off with a Costume Contest! This is a general, anything-goes Costume Contest! Meaning, bring your best costume (within the bounds of the Code of Conduct) and join in the fun!

Due to event taking place on a limited number of shards, please only bring one character per player. Multiboxing during this event may result in disqualification or the revocation of prizes.

When?

Reunion: Sunday, January 14th @ 8pm UTC (click to see 8pm UTC in your timezone)

• 11am Pacific time
  • 3pm Eastern time
  • 8pm UK time
  • 9pm Central European time

Torchbearer & Indomitable: Sunday, January 14th @ 10pm UTC (click to see 10pm UTC in your timezone)

• 2pm Pacific time
  • 5pm Eastern time
  • 10pm UK time
  • 11pm Central European time

Where?

Echo Plaza on 3 shards (Torchbearer, Reunion, Indomitable).

Heroes and Villains can reach Echo Plaza via TUNNEL Teleporter, Long Range Teleporter, or Pocket D (Truck near AE section).

Prizes!

Due to event taking place on a limited number of shards, the permanent golden title will be applied to a character of player's choosing on any shard.

The single best overall costume will win: 

The best costume on each shard will win:

The 4 runner-up costumes on each shard will win:

Costume manipulation wont be considered legitimate in costume contests. Costume manipulation is not permitted and will result in disqualification.

Please note that costume contest judging is subjective and everyone's tastes are different. Please be kind to our GMs who volunteer their time to keep these servers running as smooth as possible. If you have any issues, please contact a Lead Game Master here on the forums or on our discord

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Oi, love,

Should maybe specify a few things in the post, especially because we have so many new folk 😄

1. It takes place at a different time on the EU server. Does that mean we can participate in both?

2. Define Costume manipulation better, especially for the new people who might think it's something like common editing.

3. Are Aether Costume modifications (Like Shadow Morph, Baby-form) allowed?

4. Rules on visual noise spamming such as fireworks, Shapeshift spam screen shake or Shadowfall.

Thanks for the work, GMs!

Edited by Hartanna

32 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

This is open to Praetorian characters, correct? I don't see any mention of them and I can't remember if Goldside characters can reach Echo Plaza. 

I just verified that my Praetorian can enter Echo Plaza via the Tunnel network.

• Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• City Council
1 hour ago, Laucianna said:

Is there any limitations on powers used to enhance costumes?

Just avoid using powers that impact other players costumes (i.e. Steam Mist, Shadow Fall, etc)

38 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

This is open to Praetorian characters, correct? I don't see any mention of them and I can't remember if Goldside characters can reach Echo Plaza. 

Yes! Echo Plaza is accessible via Pocket D or the TUNNEL Teleporter.

29 minutes ago, Hartanna said:

Oi, love,

Should maybe specify a few things in the post, especially because we have so many new folk 😄

1. It takes place at a different time on the EU server. Does that mean we can participate in both?

2. Define Costume manipulation better, especially for the new people who might think it's something like common editing.

3. Are Aether Costume modifications (Like Shadow Morph, Baby-form) allowed?

4. Rules on visual noise spamming such as fireworks, Shapeshift spam screen shake or Shadowfall.

Thanks for the work, GMs!

1. You can attend both, but only one prize per player will be given.
  2. Do not use costume editing options not available/found in the game.
  3. Aether Prismatic Costume modifications ARE allowed.
  4. Using emotes or powers to disrupt the event (and other players costumes) will likely cause you to go to prison (IYKYK).
  • Like 4
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Just to be extra clear, this is 10PM UTC on January 14th, which for MY timezone (US/Pacific) is 2PM Sunday, January 14th.

I say this because if you click the above link, it will return your local timezone for the day you click it, not the actual full date converted... leading some of my friends to think this is happening in less than an hour, on the 13th.  Time zones are evil. 🙂

You're correct. The hyperlinked time, when clicked, will convert the time of day to your personal time zone. You'll need to adjust for the proper day (which for us on Pacific Time, is 12pm and 2pm on Sunday). Given that 2pm has already passed, I'm certain you didn't need this response.

But I replied just in case someone else is worried that they may have missed it. 

Edit: the OP says 11am PST, but I highly suspect it'll be noon in that time. But I don't know.

Edited by The Peacock
noticed 11am PST in OP

• City Council
1 hour ago, Gun-Rama987 said:

Can someone explain to me how it works? i was there but confused on what was happening / how it worked, want to know for next time

also admin took pics but i am not sure where to find them?

First of all, I'm so glad you were able to join us! Although I'm sorry you found things confusing! Were you following along the admin map prompts? We try and keep everyone up to date of our judging each step of the way. There was a BIG turnout (particularly on Torchbearer) resulting in two zone maps, so things were certainly hectic and the chats were flying. Typically all you have to do is show-up and stand in line with the other players, and the GMs will walk around examining them all!

We then add the Finalists & Shard Winner onto our GM Team/League, and notify them on the steps of receiving their prizes. However, we also take each shard winner and compete them against one another for one ultimate contest winner.

So those final results will be posted later today! We share the winners of each shard internally to the whole Homecoming Team (even the ones that couldn't make it) and we give everyone 24 hours to vote on their overall favorite. I'll be doing a follow-up post later tonight with the results! 😄 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

ahhhhhhh  i had a feeling it was something like that with the formation but didn't want to interrupt , so i stood on the side probably missed when they went around, 

will definitely attend again , was cool to be there , when will we see the pics/how that the admins took? i think i was in the group pic

• Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
2 hours ago, Gun-Rama987 said:

when will we see the pics/how that the admins took? i think i was in the group pic

I'll be uploading them soontm

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1