Can we stop calling them Pages?

Just like the Title line reads. Each issue has so many pages and each issue does not have the same amount of pages. It's kinda silly. Also, this 'page' has a lot of stuff so you could've called it an issue.

Anyway, this page moniker has always annoyed me. I vote to call each one an Issue regardless of its size. Cuz, in CoH size does not matter! 😉

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

I don't care too much, but considering how rarely we get them, seems they should go back to "issues" yeah. 

(To be clear, I prefer pages, as little dribs and drabs I feel would be etter to keep people around than "wait 6 months, here's a big one, pop goes up, then drains away starting two months later).

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

It's been nearly 38 (?) full months since Page 1 was released and Page 7.   I don't know if I can say all the updates within exactly feel "thematic" in any real sense of the word as much as the Live Server issues did.

I do like the term Pages though for a thematic setting if we were to get an update roughly 30-50% the size of Page 7 was with the rest dripping over the course of following year.

For example with Page 7 here:

Issue 33: A Shift in Power

Page 1 - Striga Island Co-Op + Piecemeal Personal Story + Epic Pool updates + Council & Circle upgrades

3-4 months later

Page 2 - Lady Grey Advanced Mode + Vanguard Base Expansion + various Power Balancing + Bug Fixes

3-4 months later

Page 3 - Arsenal Control + Arsenal Assault + Costume Updates + VEAT Updates + Bug Fixes

3-4 months later

Page 4 - Giant Monsters Update + Prismatic Rewards + Role Diversity + Base Updates + Bug Fixes

*added*

Don't quote me on this but I do believe the Dev Team said it's problematic or something for small updates or something along those lines.  Unless someone can locate where something along those lines were said... then quote me on this.

Edited by SupaFreak
  • Thumbs Up 2

I agree.

Seeing as how much I preach about this game to my friends that don't pay, can we call the scripture?

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Page 7 is big enough that I'd consider it a full issue, but most of the pages are smaller than the issues we were used to on live, which is where the "page" name comes from

• Thumbs Up 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

I kinda like that we're still doing pages. So far the "second chances" thing feels like theme enough (demonstrating everything Homecoming has done since coming into the spotlight and starting talks with NCsoft.) A new Issue soon would be nice, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

I definitely feel like it was the original intention that the updates were smaller, more-frequent updates given the smaller dev team, but that definitely hasn't been the norm past 2020 or so. Page 7 was in closed beta for something like six months before it made it to Brainstorm, and I feel like pages 5-7 are all big enough that they could have been their own issue. I guess at the end of the day it's just arguing semantics though, since an update's an update.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube