The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Deadpool... and Wolverine

So, for those of you not brave enough to Google "DP Movie" or who weren't watching the Swiftie Bowl, here ya go.

Spoiler
  • So it begins with the TVA crashing Wade's birthday party, but no Möbius (yet)...
  • ...instead, we get Matt "Backstabby Tom" McFadyen as Mr. Paradox, a genetically engineered perfect and rather smarmy Time Judge.
  • Wade claiming he's Marvel Jesus and is going to rewrite the MCU.
  • And then after that... well, not much makes sense, but not sure it's supposed to...
  • Looks like either he's been sent to the End Of Time, or Alioth the Time Monster's got loose. Neither is good.
  • We also get a Planet Of The Apes moment with the old Fox logo, a tiny guest shot from Spielberg (?)...
  • ...a deep cut return for Aaron "Pyro" Stanford from X2 and Last Stand
  • ...and one very familiar shadow.

Let the wild speculation and (hopefully fairly clean and Disney-friendly) begin!

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver
  • Haha 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Hmm ... Not sure how I feel about this one. Hopefully it is better than what I am getting from the trailer, but maybe it's because I'm sort of "meh" on Deadpool, and was hoping we'd get a few more years before coming back to Wolverine again.

So, we're back to having the TVA be the bad guys again? Disney can't even let a story rest for a few months before deciding to change tack? So much for the beautiful ending of Loki s2. FFS guys, let a story land for once. Here's hoping I'm reading this one wrong.

Might be fun if that poker game is happening in the Hellfire Club.

Is that supposed to be Jubilee standing next to Negatron at the birthday party? Mixed feelings there too, but it is probably just a cameo so whatever. She was somewhat annoying in the comics, but that might be partially because of who I was at the time.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

I'll say this is movie is probably a few years too late. Unless it's heavily cameoed with fan service (something like DSMoM had), I'm prejudiced to dislike time travel/multiverse settings in movies. Whenever that's a plot device, characters lose agency and I no longer care whether they win or lose. 

• Like 1

Spoiler
5 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

So, we're back to having the TVA be the bad guys again?

Not sure it's quite that simple. In Loki, you had at least two TVA factions (Dox's absolutists and the Loki followers) going at it. It's quite possible Paradox is being a bit backstabby and has his own agenda: particularly if they run with the beat that he's been engineered to be, and expect, perfection.

The MCU is messy, much like reality. We've seen quite a few tidy-minded people over the centuries who wanted to tidy up people and things they felt didn't belong. I've been on the end of that for a few reasons...

If I were writing this, any mission to retcon the MCU would have the nasty sting in the tail of erasing anything that doesn't fit the perfect narrative.

Including DP and/or Vanessa. Which DP is just enough of an idiot to do.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Well I don't follow comic's lore enough to really know the significance but the scene in which Deadpool is on his back, before it zooms in, there's a comic book cover lying on on the ground. 

Spoiler

Which is apparently one of the Secret Wars issues, so there's speculation this movie kicks off or partially kicks off that story line.

21 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Not sure it's quite that simple. In Loki, you had at least two TVA factions (Dox's absolutists and the Loki followers) going at it. It's quite possible Paradox is being a bit backstabby and has his own agenda: particularly if they run with the beat that he's been engineered to be, and expect, perfection.

Yeah, I mean I'd be happy to find I'm reading the trailer wrong. I also forget that a trope in the DP films tends to be folks trying to get him to do the right thing, which he eventually (mostly) does in spite of himself. I also have no idea who this Paradox character is, but I did get the impression from the ending of the Loki series that Dox and her absolutists had been properly handled - basically that thread had been closed. Maybe I'm forgetting something or missed some "snooty foreshadowing." 🤣

I suppose I'm just frustrated with the constant "Nah, we changed our mind," with certain aspects of their long-form story-telling. Like, I know Wolvie is fantastically popular, but Logan was a beautiful ending for the character - it would be nice to have let that rest a while longer before bringing him back, even if it is all timey-wimey and whatnot.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

2 hours ago, ZacKing said:

This will probably be the only good Marvel movie to make any money in the next 10 to 15 years, if the MCU even lasts that long. 

It will make money.

Whether or not it will actually be good, is another story.

On 2/15/2024 at 1:35 PM, Ghost said:

Whether or not it will actually be good, is another story.

I'd be shocked if it's worse than Secret Invasion, The Marvels or Iron Fist.  If so, that's an accomplishment.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Deadpool has always been a parody comic that still exists as part of the Marvel canon, sort-of.

And if there's a genre that deserves to be parodied, it's cape movies. And their fandom.

Where the two Deadpool movies fell down is that they have more-or-less recognisable plot arcs, with emotional beats that more or less make sense, in between all the fart gags. And Celine Dion. So they are perhaps better than their subject matter deserves.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 6:02 AM, InvaderStych said:

Hmm ... Not sure how I feel about this one. Hopefully it is better than what I am getting from the trailer, but maybe it's because I'm sort of "meh" on Deadpool, and was hoping we'd get a few more years before coming back to Wolverine again.

Reveal hidden contents

So, we're back to having the TVA be the bad guys again? Disney can't even let a story rest for a few months before deciding to change tack? So much for the beautiful ending of Loki s2. FFS guys, let a story land for once. Here's hoping I'm reading this one wrong.

Might be fun if that poker game is happening in the Hellfire Club.

Is that supposed to be Jubilee standing next to Negatron at the birthday party? Mixed feelings there too, but it is probably just a cameo so whatever. She was somewhat annoying in the comics, but that might be partially because of who I was at the time.

Spoiler

No.  That's Yukio.  Who was in Deadpool 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

We have a new trailer, and look Hugh it is…

So, we have this particular Wolvie’s backstory - and a new enemy. (Any ideas who she might be?)

Plus Strange-style portals, Madge, and more jokes about powder than a drunk party of ski instructors.

2 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Hide contents

So, we have this particular Wolvie’s backstory - and a new enemy. (Any ideas who she might be?)

Plus Strange-style portals, Madge, and more jokes about powder than a drunk party of ski instructors.

Spoiler

Cassandra Nova 

2 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

40 minutes ago, Ulysses Dare said:

Now I have to see this movie. 

I suspect there's going to be a lot more where that came from - I'm sure you've all noticed the destroyed 20th Century Fox logo by now...

22 hours ago, Ulysses Dare said:

"Liefeld's Just Feet"  Now I have to see this movie.  🤣

I laughed so hard when I saw that in the trailer. Folks that only watched the MCU movies and never read the comics won't get the dig.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.