The Officially Unofficial Weekly Challenge #2: Start and level a character redside

I have a group every Saturday night that meets up, we started Gold side and will move to red side at level 20...probably this weekend. 

The thing is - there's no compelling reason to do things on redside unless you just want to. You can be vig and go back and forth. Or be rogue and go back and forth. 

There's no more reason to identify as red or blue.  Just be a shade of gray. 

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

5 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Even with their long cooldowns, the red side power is very helpful for Doms and Stalkers, especially for Doms before they get get permadom. The Blue side power is excellent for MM's.

1 minute ago, Ukase said:

The thing is - there's no compelling reason to do things on redside unless you just want to. You can be vig and go back and forth. Or be rogue and go back and forth. 

While Vigilantes can join red side teams, they can't access red side contacts (except SF contacts).

1 hour ago, Judasace said:

Even with their long cooldowns, the red side power is very helpful for Doms and Stalkers, especially for Doms before they get get permadom. The Blue side power is excellent for MM's.

That is a pro-tip I haven't thought about since the last time I made a Dominator. 

I’m guessing I run about 70% blue, 25% red, 5% gold. 

But do I feel like rolling a new toon? That’s the question… Last weekend I put about 15 toons on the chopping block to make room for more. But I’m not sure I’m ready for new guys yet. We’ll see…

giphy-3496159790.gif.792cf0c56f46f4528b8438c48c7ce4d7.gif

Say WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

I've been ignoring two new toons I made recently (never a good sign for them) to play my last 50 a lot, and she's been red side fa0 rmore lately than blue, so... yeah, play redside!

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I currently have a redside Brute and Sentinel in progress and just started a dominator. I suppose I could add a Stalker to complete the set.

Torchbearer: Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper), Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster), Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) ... and many more!

On 2/27/2024 at 11:49 AM, ZekeStenzland said:

I’m guessing I run about 70% blue, 25% red, 5% gold. 

But do I feel like rolling a new toon? That’s the question… Last weekend I put about 15 toons on the chopping block to make room for more. But I’m not sure I’m ready for new guys yet. We’ll see…

At start, I run 33% blue, 33% red, & 33% gold.  After level 20 it becomes 50% blue & 50% red.  Rotating among the alignments keeps each new character's run a little bit fresher.

• Like 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

On 2/27/2024 at 6:56 AM, Ukase said:

I have a group every Saturday night that meets up, we started Gold side and will move to red side at level 20...probably this weekend. 

It is not about reason….  Do I need a reason to kidnap Paragon Citizens to hand over to the Vahzilok?  Sure, Dmitri Krylov wants me to do it. But I am not sure “reason” enters into it.  Reside is a way of being.  

Just did Mercy with a meetings (and missions)  from Alan Dresslock, Kalinda, Operative Kuzmin.  My Arachnos peeps.  Also did the first arc from Dr Graves.

Then headed to Port Oakes to meet with Mr Bocor. Finished his stuff. Level 10

Next is Brick Johnson. And I think the Radio. And Mr Graves second arc. Then off to Cap. Although I plan to mostly do Arachnos contacts (and some badge contacts as fillers). Not a completionist run.  Just leveling a Arachnos Operative through official contacts.  

The reason. Why, if there is one, it would be that great guy on the monitors in Grandville. Real motivational speaker!

image.gif.f9efa1dd8c496d273592d1322bdb156e.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, NotsoevilDM said:

Elektro Cute, El/El Stalker created and currently sitting at level 9.  

My daughter's first TTRPG she played was a Savage Worlds superhero game I ran and her character was Electro Cute!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/29/2024 at 4:16 PM, DougGraves said:

My daughter's first TTRPG she played was a Savage Worlds superhero game I ran and her character was Electro Cute!

Cool. I had to pick 'EleKtro Cute' as 'Electro Cute' was already taken. As a villain toon, part of her background was going to be getting revenge on the supe who stole her name! 

• Like 1

Torchbearer: Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper), Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster), Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) ... and many more!