The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Remove This Forum Thumbs Down Reaction

Nuff said!!! This's SO insulting when a player begins creating new accounts or switching to their firefarmer and start disliking random posts. There wasn't such thing as "Thumbs Down" reaction back several years ago. And it mustn't have appeared!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 16
  • Moose 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

It l wished to discover player's opinion if they think something is good or bad l would have started a POLL!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

8 minutes ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Nuff said!!! This's SO insulting when a player begins creating new accounts or switching to their firefarmer and start disliking random posts. There wasn't such thing as "Thumbs Down" reaction back several years ago. And it mustn't have appeared!

gladiator-thumbs-down-angry-joaquin-phoe

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Finland 1
  • Moose 1
  • Banjo 1

Thumbs down, indicating "I don't like it" is a perfectly valid response to suggestions on the Suggestions & Feedback forum. What is far more rude is your adding thumbs down reactions to 4 of my posts dating back several weeks in retaliation.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1

jrangersmall.gif.61f0f73dd3687cc1ffd63cf8694b421f.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

8 minutes ago, Uun said:

Thumbs down, indicating "I don't like it" is a perfectly valid response to suggestions on the Suggestions & Feedback forum. What is far more rude is your adding thumbs down reactions to 4 of my posts dating back several weeks in retaliation.

Yeah this stupid reaction does nothing but adds FLAME and TOXICITY to all the players, which is bad by definition.

When l was playing CoH & using forums a while ago, there was just 2 reactions - a heart and a goblet, and none of that could be used as a dislike. And generally all reaction added are neutral BUT THUMBS DOWN.

Which is why this reaction must be deleted to all the hells, and all thumb down symbols placed by players onto other players posts or topics must be nullified.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 9
  • Banjo 1

18 minutes ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Which is why this reaction must be deleted to all the hells, and all thumb down symbols placed by players onto other players posts or topics must be nullified.

A thumbs down is simply someone saying "I disagree with you."

Why do you think people shouldn't be allowed to disagree with you?

• Like 2
  • Banjo 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 minute ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

A thumbs down is simply someone saying "I disagree with you."

Why do you think people shouldn't be allowed to disagree with you?

They must keep that in their mind, as they were keeping all the time l was posting on this forum in previous period (when only 2 reactions were allowed - "Like" and "Thanks")

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5
  • Banjo 1

3 minutes ago, Purrfekshawn said:

They must keep that in their mind, as they were keeping all the time l was posting on this forum in previous period (when only 2 reactions were allowed - "Like" and "Thanks")

Uhm... what?

Can you please translate this into American English?

• Banjo 1

• Retired Game Master

Obligatory plea for calm.  Wednesday Morning edition. Weather on Page 3, Sports Page 6.

If you must attack, attack an idea, not the person.  Thanks.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2
  • Banjo 1

5 minutes ago, GM Tock said:

Obligatory plea for calm.  Wednesday Morning edition. Weather on Page 3, Sports Page 6.

If you must attack, attack an idea, not the person.  Thanks.

Then why give players an option so they can attack another players' persons through Thumb Down reaction?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 6
  • Banjo 1

Then why give players an option so they can attack another players' persons that disagree with those posts through Thumb Up reaction?

The fact that we post suggestions in a public forum is a poll for agreement vs disagreement.  If we only allow those responses that agree with our positions, we are attacking those that would give their disagreement with Thumb Down reaction.

The old /JRanger fiasco was that they would not allow people to simply say "no" to proposed changes, aka suggestions.  They allowed people to say "yes" without adding the reason that they agreed, but you could not say "no" without listing an argument. 

Edited by American Decoy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1

1 hour ago, Purrfekshawn said:

It l wished to discover player's opinion if they think something is good or bad l would have started a POLL!

If you post on a forum - you are “asking” for people to reply with their opinions.

If you don’t want them, don’t post.

If you only want opinions that agree and support your own, create your own site and CENSOR what hurts your feelings.

• Thanks 1
  • Banjo 1

17 minutes ago, American Decoy said:

The old /JRanger fiasco was that they would not allow people to simply say "no" to proposed changes, aka suggestions.  They allowed people to say "yes" without adding the reason that they agreed, but you could not say "no" without listing an argument. 

This is how it was intended to work all the time during previous years here on Homecoming forum, and it worked perfectly well, without multiplying toxicity, and this forum must be reverted back to that awesome state.

7 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

A thumbs down reaction is disagreement with the post, not an insult to the player that posted.

It's saying "I disagree with that" and not "you, sir, are a very bad person."

Then u just write a post under the topic that you're disagreeing and about what exactly do you disagree. Otherwise it's like throwing a rotten tomato into someone's picture.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2
  • Banjo 1

1 minute ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Then u just write a post under the topic that you're disagreeing and about what exactly do you disagree. Otherwise it's like throwing a rotten tomato into someone's picture.

A “thumbs down” emoji bothers you - but several people saying “your idea sucks” or “that’s just stupid” is okay?

Are you sure?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1

12 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

A thumbs down reaction is disagreement with the post, not an insult to the player that posted.

It's saying "I disagree with that" and not "you, sir, are a very bad person."

I always interpreted the thumbs down emoji as "The world would be a better place without you polluting it." I guess "I disagree" is a valid interpretation as well.

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Banjo 1

an dislike emoji is a way to show you disagree with a post without having to comment, but a more positive thinking approach would be to upvote a person who shares your point of view in the comments rather then bring someone else's idea down, but both emojis have their place though they help prevent redundant repeat comments.

I can see how this emoji can be disheartening but its the best way to show at a glance how people feel about an idea. and even it was banned people would just adopt a new emoji they consider to be representing a downvote and it too would the next target of this emoji is too mean or negative and the cycle repeats.

Edited by Mystoc
  • Banjo 1

1 hour ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Then why give players an option so they can attack another players' persons through Thumb Down reaction?

How is getting a "thumbs down" emoji on your post equate to "an attack"?  With respect, why do you even care what anonymous people on the internet do?  I'm genuinely curious why this is such a big deal to some people.  There are folks here who'll treat a thumbs down from some random person like that person kicked their dog or something.  This reminds me of the visceral reaction some players had on the STO forums about disco balls making their character dance.  No lie - there are people there who equate the disco ball to real life physical assault, to the point of saying if someone used a disco ball on them in game, that person should be arrested for assault in real life.  Just think about that for a minute.

I also find it funny that some people tossing around thumbs down here are guilty of complaining to mods about them getting a thumbs down. 

10 minutes ago, Monos King said:

Heh, peasant problems. I for one haven't been Thumbs Down'd even once.

Oh come on now, you asked for that. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

I can't tell if this is fascist bullshit or drama queen bullshit.

I can tell that it's bullshit.

Edited by Luminara
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Banjo 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.