Being Buffed Ruins Posing

When a "friend" buffs me, I get knocked out of the vitally important(!) fancypants villain pose I've adopted.

Or I'll be reading the newspaper and some tosser comes up and does some buff I didn't ask for and the next thing I know my newspaper has vapourised and I'm standing there ready for a fight with ... er ... probably the jerk who buffed me.

Would it be possible to stop this from happening, please? Or at least have the option to choose whether this happens or not?

For clarity: I want to not do a reaction animation when affected by any friendly buff.

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 3

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

19 minutes ago, Herotu said:

When a "friend" buffs me, I get knocked out of the vitally important(!) fancypants villain pose I've adopted.

Or I'll be reading the newspaper and some tosser comes up and does some buff I didn't ask for and the next thing I know my newspaper has vapourised and I'm standing there ready for a fight with ... er ... probably the jerk who buffed me.

Would it be possible to stop this from happening, please? Or at least have the option to choose whether this happens or not?

For clarity: I want to not do a reaction animation when affected by any friendly buff.

Not a solution, persay, but when you activate an emote and someone buffs you, once the buffing animation concludes, you will return to your character's emote automatically. You don't see this on your screen when you are receiving the buff, but if you log in to another account and apply a buff to your emoting character, you will see this firsthand.

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

26 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Not a solution, persay, but when you activate an emote and someone buffs you, once the buffing animation concludes, you will return to your character's emote automatically. You don't see this on your screen when you are receiving the buff, but if you log in to another account and apply a buff to your emoting character, you will see this firsthand.

I like that, but why does everybody else see that and not me? It sounds more like a bug now that you've told me that.

• Like 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

40 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Most buffs return the character to previous pose, but certain powers do not. [Chrono Shift] is known for doing that. Hilariously, there are powers those are added already @ Homecoming, an example is [Empowering Circuit], which does the same as [Chrono Shift]. If you ask me in generally, while animation other characters (shock with [Energizing Circuit]) would make sense, but generally l wouldn't have made ANY buff or heal power Animate another character in the first place.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

I suggested at one point a slash command you could use to keep you in your emote even after getting buffed. Something along the lines would be great.

23 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

I suggested at one point a slash command you could use to keep you in your emote even after getting buffed. Something along the lines would be great.

Maybe a new feature for Null the Gull to offer?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/24/2024 at 9:54 PM, Player2 said:

Maybe a new feature for Null the Gull to offer?

I think that would be nice.

On 3/23/2024 at 1:40 PM, Glacier Peak said:

No you won't, you'll have to type the emote again.

Source: I've been griefed during roleplay in pocket D five times in the past month, by someone who thought it would be cute to spam AoE buffs.

3 hours ago, A.I.D.A. said:

No you won't, you'll have to type the emote again.

Source: I've been griefed during roleplay in pocket D five times in the past month, by someone who thought it would be cute to spam AoE buffs.

No. From your player perspective, you appear to have your emote canceled, however, as I said in my quote, from other players perspective, once the buff animation concludes, your character returns to the emote pose without any player action.

Log in to a second account, try out any buff on your emoting character and see from that perspective. Others have pointed out that some buffs do break through this, including Chronal Shift and Empowering Circuit. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png