Being Selfish for 2% def

20 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

You are correct, sir, thanks!

Apologies for the misinfo.

Suppress helps when I've been making myself go blind.*

* Mom warned me that was a risk.

Another trick one can use is to go to the Advanced Graphics section of the settings and set the "Max Particle Count" to 100. (The minimum)  This makes most VFX still appear, but much less intensely. I use it in large group events, like the Hami or MSR, and it also helps increase frame rates. It might help one get through a mission with another players' annoying graphics dominating the screen. It does less than /noparticles 1, which is sometimes an advantage.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andreah said:

It does less than /noparticles 1, which is sometimes an advantage.

Good advice, Andreah.

Running around with /noparticles 1, I discovered that some critters and some effects are pure particles.

(Which is against the game guidelines as stated, and also very confusing until you figure it out!)

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 3/29/2024 at 2:08 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

In my experience, unless you are able and willing to force someone else against their will into conforming to you

Another reason to lead teams.

You lead teams, you get the boot.

Others may not like it but if someone is misbehaving or ruining your gaming experience you can ask them to leave as team leader or give the the boot.

If you are on a task force, this should be used very sparingly, but on a door mission team?

Yeah, sure. You can pick and choose who you play with. 

"I'm sorry, but your FX are to busy for me. I'm running a team with less FX going on. If you want to use a costume slot to tone it down a bit, you can stay on the team. Otherwise, it is time for you to look for another team."

But there is also the way that I have posted to turn most of the FX off.

But, yeah, I like seeing my FX to, and it is a shame when I have to turn off the FX because one or more other players are turning the screen into an epileptic seizure inducing light show or a blinding ball of white.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Now forming 

All fx-less TFs!!!!

Hit me up

Now I'm imagining an entire team of mimes just waving their hands at the enemy.   Dual Finger Pistols.  Invisible Wall Armor.  

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/28/2024 at 5:03 PM, NatashaMalenka said:

Am i in the wrong here ?

Honestly, since you asked, my opinion is, Yes.  You're in the wrong.  If your screen is filled with a teammate, just turn/adjust the direction your facing.  

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 3/28/2024 at 6:15 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

No.

If you can't see the enemies then how are you expected to be able to play the game?

Hover doesn't give anyone 45% Defense, I don't believe that anyone can even have 45% Defense at such a low level and, if there's a Tank on the team it isn't needed anyway.

You're not in the wrong, your request was completely reasonable, and you should have kicked them from your team and then informed the rest of the team that you kicked them and why.

thnik you can get a SR tanker to 45% on Posi 2 

You wouldn't need hover though 

Just to clarifiy

Hover is not just the FX here.

There is a secondry VERY bright yellow effect also on the feet.

2 People are doing it in Bagel so there is no "turn your camera to see" you are locked into a tunnel.

Lower my settings to potatoe mode to accomodate someone elses selfishness dosn't sound great to me.

If there was a setting to remove everyone elses effects in the game i would be using that 100%.

The 2 in question were not melee in any way.

1 was a controller the other i am unsure.

But squishy ..blaster or corr.

I'm not going to post chat logs or screenshots because i'm not going to be that person.

Late to the party here, but while it's been commented that the Hoverer in question couldn't really produce eye-melting graphics just off of Hover alone, combined with a retina-blistering Aura or Path Aura (or both) maybe it would be achieved.

My problem with /noparticles 1 is that so many powers are only composed of particles and you wouldn't see them.  @Andreah's low-particle-count solution is better, and similar low-FX macros can be created IIRC.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.