Kama as a weapon customization

If this has been suggested before, I'm sorry for missing it, but would be neat (if its possible) to have the Kama from the Temporary Power of the same name as a Weapon Customization option (Swords, Dual Blades, Axes if I had to assume the best fit visually?) https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Kama  stumbled across the power the other day and hadn't seen anyone else mention it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, there could be lots of variations of those, too.

Kama

image.png.76943ac3f6af9bf6428665db2d4bf1a8.png

Kama

image.png.ded96677a5ee7fcd86088842a64e77bc.png

Kama

image.png.1b31c1c31075bc38c686823f9cf75e33.png

Kama

image.png.37a3af25b1b625466f678d2da0ec6068.png

Kama

image.png.eee4a5ff2f389ac0d7db4a5d39556790.png

Chameleooonnnn...

image.png.26ada5bf4b6aaa87fff70ea7746ca3fa.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

The third one is a hand scythe and the fourth one is a garden scythe. 

The entire post is meant to be humorous, using the results from an image search for "kama." It's referring to a song from 1983  from a band known as "Culture Club" on the album "Colour by numbers," and their only Bilboard #1 in the US. The song itself is called "Karma Chameleon," with part of the chorus going "Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon," which resembles what you'd hear if you read the captions for each image quickly enough, at a similar speed to what the song uses. (Example at 0:45 in the video linked above.)

This is meant to be a joke, aka something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement. (American Heritage dictionary 5th ed.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Just now, Greycat said:

The entire post is meant to be humorous, using the results from an image search for "kama." It's referring to a song from 1983  from a band known as "Culture Club" on the album "Colour by numbers," and their only Bilboard #1 in the US. The song itself is called "Karma Chameleon," with part of the chorus going "Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon," which resembles what you'd hear if you read the captions for each image quickly enough, at a similar speed to what the song uses. (Example at 0:45 in the video linked above.)

This is meant to be a joke, aka something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement. (American Heritage dictionary 5th ed.)

I'm not good with emotes but yeah... I see pictures of my gardening tools. 🙂

There's also this Kusari kama (or Kusarigama) which is a sickle with a weighted chain attached.  It might be a good starting point for folks who want a ranged plus melee option for a new power set.  (Also, I found this image on KarateMart.com, something Paragon City doesn't have but totally should.)

ninja-kusari-gama-8195061.thumb.jpg.896ca28f1b7fac6c8a8a0028553730d1.jpg

4 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

There's also this Kusari kama (or Kusarigama) which is a sickle with a weighted chain attached.

I'm not against this idea in general, but if you look at the whip attacks from demon summoning, CoH doesn't handle flexible weapons too well...

3 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

There's also this Kusari kama (or Kusarigama) which is a sickle with a weighted chain attached.  It might be a good starting point for folks who want a ranged plus melee option for a new power set.  (Also, I found this image on KarateMart.com, something Paragon City doesn't have but totally should.)

ninja-kusari-gama-8195061.thumb.jpg.896ca28f1b7fac6c8a8a0028553730d1.jpg

Something like that could be useful as a ranged attack. If you did the particles right, you can make them look like a chain, and then have the Kama part as the projectile.

15 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Something like that could be useful as a ranged attack. If you did the particles right, you can make them look like a chain, and then have the Kama part as the projectile.

Typically with a kusarigama, you throw the weight, never the kama. The kama isn't exactly a good thrown projectile, especially connected to a chain. Instead, the kama is used to strike the target you catch with the chain.

56 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Typically with a kusarigama, you throw the weight, never the kama. The kama isn't exactly a good thrown projectile, especially connected to a chain. Instead, the kama is used to strike the target you catch with the chain.

But how is that going to look in-game? Projecting a cylinder might be accurate, but it wouldn't be a good visual. Using the Kama as a projectile is no less realistic than a pistol attack where you hurl the pistol. If I were going to make the attack, I'd have the Kama as the projectile for the eye candy and then use particles textured like chain links to make it look like the Kama is being hurled.

Honestly my original post was meant as pointing out that there's already a model for it in game, and asking if that could be  ported to existing weapon based powersets, trying not to ask for something that would require the devs to make whole new models and animations, though on that subject the the AV Veles DOES have a scythe that would be cool as a titan weapons option aswell.

On 4/10/2024 at 11:00 PM, Rudra said:

Yeah, well proper weapon handling has never been a concern when it comes to powerset design in this game.

On 4/10/2024 at 2:51 PM, Krimson said:

I'm not good with emotes but yeah... I see pictures of my gardening tools. 🙂

Gardening Tools make very good improvised weapons that have often resulted in actual weapons.  (Many pole arms, etc...)

Heck, we could have a whole powerset devoted to gardening.

• Like 1