Is there really a massive proc nerf just around the corner?

13 hours ago, Digirium said:

Homecoming have a pretty strong hate going on with farmers and repeatedly nerf their effectiveness. Farmers use the multiple damage proc method to clear farms faster. You can clearly see how this is going to play out - it is not "if" but "when" and how will multiple damage procs be made ineffective. In the last patch farmers were silently nerfed again nothing mentioned anywhere in patch notes however it still happened (up to 6% reduction in AE standard

Citation needed

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 2
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

21 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

What I do not love is not being able to use a lot of powers, because in the end game the mobs die so quickly.

Which is why I'm constantly running ahead as safely as possible to get off my nukes and soul drains.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.  Gunny Highway had it right the first time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

1 hour ago, skoryy said:

Which is why I'm constantly running ahead as safely as possible to get off my nukes and soul drains.

Yeah, a lot of people bitch and moan about “I can’t use my powers because the team is good wah” instead of, oh I dunno, adapting to the team being good and either moving ahead of the team or not trying to use their entire suite of powers on every goddamn mob.

Its a situation where you have to adapt instead of trying to get the game curated to your ineptitude. Play better, be better instead of bitching and moaning about how the team is too good and everything should be made either more tedious(not harder. That only comes from mechanics and y’all never suggest mechanics) or everyone should be nerfed.

/endrant

**This rant isnt directed to anyone in particular, more the idea behind the argument of “I never get to use all my powers”. Good news is there IS content coming that outside of HM will have you lingering on mobs longer and have you moving as a team thats actually really fun!

Edited by Seed22
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

58 minutes ago, skoryy said:

You fight that guy until you win

image.gif.86179b255b33e5de8e73173903106bc1.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

Yeah, a lot of people bitch and moan about “I can’t use my powers because the team is good wah” instead of, oh I dunno, adapting to the team being good and either moving ahead of the team or not trying to use their entire suite of powers on every goddamn mob.

Its a situation where you have to adapt instead of trying to get the game curated to your ineptitude. Play better, be better instead of bitching and moaning about how the team is too good and everything should be made either more tedious(not harder. That only comes from mechanics and y’all never suggest mechanics) or everyone should be nerfed.

/endrant

**This rant isnt directed to anyone in particular, more the idea behind the argument of “I never get to use all my powers”. Good news is there IS content coming that outside of HM will have you lingering on mobs longer and have you moving as a team thats actually really fun!

What you and @skoryy are saying is that I can only enjoy the game is a semi-solo it. I don't play this game just solo, there are other games for that. I want to enjoy the team aspects too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

What you and @skoryy are saying is that I can only enjoy the game is a semi-solo it. I don't play this game just solo, there are other games for that. I want to enjoy the team aspects too.

It's time to let go of your scrub mentality. Perhaps git gud instead.

• Haha 1

There's still teamwork involved in 'semi-solo,' though, and teamwork that works since we are running through mobs far faster than if I was soloing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

some archetypes and powers sets are more suited to team synergy.  no judgement.  just realize.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Digirium said:

Homecoming have a pretty strong hate going on with farmers and repeatedly nerf their effectiveness. Farmers use the multiple damage proc method to clear farms faster. You can clearly see how this is going to play out - it is not "if" but "when" and how will multiple damage procs be made ineffective. In the last patch farmers were silently nerfed again nothing mentioned anywhere in patch notes however it still happened (up to 6% reduction in AE standard rewards XP/Inf for custom critters).

Active farming might be slightly slower post proc nerf. But not significantly. Players will still be able to level 1-50 in a few hours, and earn hundreds of millions of influence in a few hours.

AFK farming might take a hit. Fewer procs means Atom Smasher/Spine Burst/etc do less damage each time they cycle, which means things die slower. Currently AFK builds clear the meteor map in around 7 mins. So that means there's a 3 min buffer. This 3 minutes might be enough to account for the extra time needed to clear the map due to lower proc-less damage. (Not entirely sure, will need to test.) However, things dying slower means the AFK farmer is taking more hits. Which mighy make some AFK setups no longer able to mitigate incoming damage. (Some, unlikely all.) Worst case scenario for AFK farmers - players will be able to just set the difficulty lower, and increase the number of accounts they AFK farm with to compensate. (3 per shard is the rule. So that's 15 total.)

Farming will survive any proc nerf is my point. The HC devs aren't dumb. They are aware of this. So I very much doubt nerfing farming is a motive of theirs when it comes to nerfing procs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)

3 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

What im saying is you may need to adapt and actually...*gasp* LEARN NEW TACTICS :O.

I know most CoH players don't have any exposure to any games that require that, trust me, I see the post. But in all seriousness, your only option here is to actually learn how to adapt and get with the meta instead of trying to have the meta slow down for you. It's like the lazy kid with piss poor grades in the class getting mad at the accomplished kid who does their homework and keeps up with the material, then having their parents go to the principle, bitch and moan about how unfair the class is for their precious little child, and how the class should be slowed down to reach their remedial level instead of the kid putting in effort and meeting the class where they are.

You CAN  view it as me telling you to solo, or you can read what's there and understand you need to adapt and keep up. This class will not be slowed down for you, no matter how many times you try and complain to the principle.

But like I said as well, there is content coming where people will linger on mobs a bit longer. I'm excited for it, and I'm sure you will be  too. It just may be up your alley if you're willing to give it a shot.

Edited by Seed22
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

42 minutes ago, America's Angel said:

Active farming might be slightly slower post proc nerf. But not significantly. Players will still be able to level 1-50 in a few hours, and earn hundreds of millions of influence in a few hours.

AFK farming might take a hit. Fewer procs means Atom Smasher/Spine Burst/etc do less damage each time they cycle, which means things die slower. Currently AFK builds clear the meteor map in around 7 mins. So that means there's a 3 min buffer. This 3 minutes might be enough to account for the extra time needed to clear the map due to lower proc-less damage. (Not entirely sure, will need to test.) However, things dying slower means the AFK farmer is taking more hits. Which mighy make some AFK setups no longer able to mitigate incoming damage. (Some, unlikely all.) Worst case scenario for AFK farmers - players will be able to just set the difficulty lower, and increase the number of accounts they AFK farm with to compensate. (3 per shard is the rule. So that's 15 total.)

Farming will survive any proc nerf is my point. The HC devs aren't dumb. They are aware of this. So I very much doubt nerfing farming is a motive of theirs when it comes to nerfing procs.

I slot for set bonuses and rarely proc out a power except for the obligatory Defense and Resistance slotting. Not a single one of my farmers, and I have about 8, have procs outside of the sets.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seed22 said:

What im saying is you may need to adapt and actually...*gasp* LEARN NEW TACTICS :O.

Thank you for supporting the nerf to Procs and the other things that make characters overpowered and bringing the challenge back to the game.

As you say - when characters are nerfed so that the game is challenging players will have to adapt and actually...*gasp* LEARN NEW TACTICS :O.

It is support from players like you that really make a difference with the developers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am opposed to any proc nerf that would necessitate mass respecs. I still have hundreds of toons who are a few pages out of date. I understand power set revamps, but changes that affect every single character should be exceptionally rare. 

6 hours ago, America's Angel said:

It is important to note that this along with other intentional changes 2 years ago is just part of the intentional, inch by inch sets of changes against farming.  On one hand it'll be said by some making these changes that it doesnt prevent farming, sure.  But that's a misdirect because its moving the needle in the direction of discouraging farming and lessening its efficacy.   Thus when statements are made in such cases, its actually rather disingenuous because of the actual intent.  One "small change" and they can condemn any criticism over it due to being one small change.  years later with many of those "small changes" and the over all effect/agenda in those regards is seen.   

That's the trick of it.

But also keep in mind, this method of small, gradual changes like this is not limited to farming as we're already starting to see (and were really seeing over time as indicated).     

Edited by Sanguinesun