Is there really a massive proc nerf just around the corner?

6 minutes ago, ZemX said:

The queue has been moved outside to the steps of City Hall.  But only during a Positron 1 Task Force when @Snarky is on the team.  Please line up at the door upon entering the last mission.  Someone will be... with you shortly.

And be sure to face AWAY from the doors until they arrive.

• Banjo 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

2 hours ago, Triumphant said:

DPS difference on a Brute definitely seems to be greater on a Brute than a Blaster (Water blast, being the sole exception, it seems).

I'm just waiting for someone to notice that the top three DPS spots in that data belong to Brutes... not Blasters.

Yeah nothing to see here folks.  Just the supposed top damage dealers of the game being eclipsed by a few meatheads with anger management issues. 🤪

Seriously though, this isn't science or even math.   There isn't an equation telling us which way is the right way.  It's game design philosophy.  You are either for the idea that there should be somewhat more space between ATs and roles or you aren't.  It's a matter of opinion.  I happen to think it's nice when the glass cannons get the most damage.  I always thought that about Stalkers (at least amongst melee ATs) but for the longest time during Live it wasn't even close to true and still isn't to this day in some cases.  And I think the non-DPS ATs were gifted powerful support abilities mostly to make others more powerful and not just so they could solo like Scrappers.

But not everyone shares that opinion.  Cool.  But some people here could do with admitting their pro-procs stance is just as much an opinion too.  I DO think that at the very least, PPM should mean something and global recharge (and global radius/arc strength too, my fellow Tankers) should factor into the proc math.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

2 hours ago, ZemX said:

I'm just waiting for someone to notice that the top three DPS spots in that data belong to Brutes... not Blasters.

Yeah nothing to see here folks.  Just the supposed top damage dealers of the game being eclipsed by a few meatheads with anger management issues. 🤪

A few meatheads in a nigh optimal situation of not having to move while running (potentially) more procs than the ranged dandies when usually it is the ranged ATs which get to just stand still and dps. 

Note to self: Start new Brute tonight named Count Procula

• Banjo 1

10 hours ago, Videra said:

Please explain what facts and logic make a blanket 'Aprocalypse' either healthy for the game or a good idea, design-wise.

Please show what facts and logic have shown that there is a massive proc nerf around the corner.  Or discussion of a massive proc nerf around the corner - besides this thread.

And please explain what facts and logic have shown that procs are not a problem.

This thread is simply a collection of hysteria, strawmen, and ad hominem attacks. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

8 hours ago, Videra said:

I have no idea how that's a straw-man argument when what I am conveying to you is my face-value read of your interactions with this subject. I'm far too autistic to engage in 'Us vs Them' nonsense.

There is no proposed change. It's kind of hard to support it. 

In fact this whole thread seems more like an attempt to preemptively forestall any such proposal. 

• Banjo 1

22 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

There is no proposed change. It's kind of hard to support it. 

In fact this whole thread seems more like an attempt to preemptively forestall any such proposal. 

When I first read the OP my first thought was "What set him off? Is he in a closed beta and breaking NDA?"

Of course my second thought was "I'm really hungry. Well, pizza it is!"

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I didn't want to read this thread, and I held off for a while, but I did.

Point me to the sign there's a proc change incoming. Until then, I think this is manufactured outrage. I'm not going to present my opinion on it at all. I have one, and I'd make the case for it strongly if it didn't just rile people up more. 

To the OP, why start this thread? Has it been burning inside you for a long time? If so, why? What signs do you see there's a massive nerf on the horizon? Did you just want to stir up a lively debate for the fun of it? If so, just say so -- that's permitted as best I can tell. Are you trying to cut off any such nerf before it happens? Why do that now? Why not a year ago, or four years ago, when last the Devs mentioned procs as a system to be looked at?

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Banjo 1

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

Please show what facts and logic have shown that there is a massive proc nerf around the corner.  Or discussion of a massive proc nerf around the corner - besides this thread.

And please explain what facts and logic have shown that procs are not a problem.

This thread is simply a collection of hysteria, strawmen, and ad hominem attacks. 

Do you know what an ad hominem attack is

Edited by Videra
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Just now, Ghost said:

I have several (actually most) toons with no procs.

Does that mean they suck?  Is my game broken and unplayable?

Crap.  I didn’t even realize.

Yeah their DPS is probably beans, but no - play the game as you like. There are people who play Human only Warshades despite the fact their best chain does around 40 DPS. For reasons unknown.

• Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1

1 minute ago, Videra said:

Yeah their DPS is probably beans, but no - play the game as you like. There are people who play Human only Warshades despite the fact their best chain does around 40 DPS. For reasons unknown.

Nope - not beans, but since my game is apparently broken and unplayable, how would I even know?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Nope - not beans, but since my game is apparently broken and unplayable, how would I even know?

Game knowledge, mostly? I dunno, can't help you there, fam.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1

Can we just go ahead and lock this before people start breaking out the small arms?

• Banjo 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

1 minute ago, Frostbiter said:

Can we just go ahead and lock this before people start breaking out the small arms?

People with small arms can't punch very hard, so I doubt anyone will be hurt.

• Haha 3
  • Banjo 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 minutes ago, Videra said:

Game knowledge, mostly? I dunno, can't help you there, fam.

In all seriousness, it comes down to what each of us find fun when playing the game.

If fun for you is doing every last decimal point of damage you can possibly do in order to wipe enemies as fast as possible - then I understand the concern.

For me, the fun is taking my time on TFs.

Actually playing squishies as squishies (oh, the horror)

And not worrying about min/maxing everything.

Which is why a change to procs would not destroy my game or fun.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Banjo 1

10 minutes ago, Luminara said:

verne-troyer-mini-me-austin-powers-flipp

• Haha 4
  • Banjo 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

i might, might, get back on my dark/dark brute if they unscrewed the AT.  this would probably involve 1) a slight adjustment in Fury cap.  AND changing the Brute ATO+Fury to anything not laughably stupid.  This will never happen.  Brute is parked.

Well, they could just double the fury cap, then periodically review it, like once per year.  That might be too much work, so no review.  Just double it.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

10 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

And apologies, I'd forgotten that post (such a long time ago). As the dev said, much of it is conceptual and on the list to be looked at without any kind of time scale, or actual interest in pursuing it. 

Just so long as our investments in procs get us compensation.  At about 200 alts, that would be billions of influence.

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

2 hours ago, DougGraves said:

The lead powers dev has literally said on multiple occasions that it’s going to happen. I don’t know what more evidence is needed. At this point it’s a question of when and how, not if.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

2 hours ago, DougGraves said:

So, voicing a concern, even if it is just rumor, is wrong in your book. 

• Banjo 1

49 minutes ago, Luminara said:

What if two people with small arms are fighting each other?

• Haha 2
  • Banjo 1

10 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

What if two people with small arms are fighting each other?

c3170aff9aa1668eeb4db632cc360301.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Banjo 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.