New Universal damage set for KB2KD

Call it Crashing Down.  Origins can be anything from random drops to merits of all types to just a vendor.  Also I have no idea what would happen if a single power has multiple KB2KD slotted in it.  Also not thinking of what set bonuses there would be if any.  Scales level 7-50

KB2KD/Acc

KB2KD/Dmg - for those who are about to freak out about the Overwhelming Force set, that proc also has random fire damage as well as random knockback.  its still special dont worry

KB2KD/End

KB2KD/Rech

KB2KD/range - does nothing if said power does not accept range enhancements.  id love this for cone attacks like Buckshot

KB2KD/whatever if anything as we do have some IO sets with 3-5 pieces.  maybe a proc

And to compensate for Sudden Acceleration always being there for us make it KB2KD/Chance for Lethal damage.  Why lethal?  i dont know what damage type is Whiplash is when you suddenly accelerate.

All this is just to make the Knockback tax less taxing

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

<closes can of worms,

places it in ziplock bag.

puts bag in an empty coffee can.

seals coffee can.

places coffee can in a barrel,

fills barrel with cement.

welds barrel closed.

rolls barrel to dock,

puts barrel on boat,

pilots boat to Mariana Trench

rolls barrel overboard

never looks back>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Sorry, but this proposed set is nonsense. All 6 enhancements provide a KB to KD proc? And would all 5 set bonuses also be KB to KD?

Edit: Also, the level range is ridiculous. Only PvP sets and ATOs get a level 10-50 range, and nothing gets a level 7-50 range. So maybe a level 20-50 like other sets, but most definitely not a level 7-50 range.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, kelika2 said:

How about taking AoE immobilization powers? This may not be an option for Kheldians, of course.

I think I see what you are trying to do here, but if it is Knockback that is really the issue, the Sudden Acceleration piece is not unique and can be slotted into all powers that do Knockback/Knockdown.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

<closes can of worms,

places it in ziplock bag.

puts bag in an empty coffee can.

seals coffee can.

places coffee can in a barrel,

fills barrel with cement.

welds barrel closed.

rolls barrel to dock,

puts barrel on boat,

pilots boat to Mariana Trench

rolls barrel overboard

never looks back>

I admire the creativity of your response, but your sig is doing it no favors.  😃 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

26 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I admire the creativity of your response, but your sig is doing it no favors.  😃 

Technically true however the KB-KD debate has gone on and on and on

I have weighed in on both sides of the issue

suggested countless potential fixes

more often than not things get so heated a GM shuts down the thread

I am beyond fatigued at this point regarding this issue

We don't need a new KB set, especially when the current Knockback sets are broken

the force feedback proc breaks the 5x rule

and the sudden acceleration set is paradoxical to use. kb, more kb, more kb, more kb, more kb, then no kb

image.png.870d863de45acc88c0d8566adff4ae8d.png

Edited by Saiyajinzoningen
  • Like 1

I can understand that, so many issues like MM customization have been chewed over so much...  I do wonder what one could do to unbreak KB though.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 minute ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I can understand that, so many issues like MM customization have been chewed over so much...  I do wonder what one could do to unbreak KB though.

two very different beasts.

nearly everyone wants mm customization

KB is a subject of major contention. some folk like it some folk hate it. 

there are so many reasons and counter reasons. 

but regardless of what side you choose on the KB-KD argument

the 2 sets I mentioned before require adjustment

10 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Call it Crashing Down.  Origins can be anything from random drops to merits of all types to just a vendor.  Also I have no idea what would happen if a single power has multiple KB2KD slotted in it.  Also not thinking of what set bonuses there would be if any.  Scales level 7-50

KB2KD/Acc

KB2KD/Dmg - for those who are about to freak out about the Overwhelming Force set, that proc also has random fire damage as well as random knockback.  its still special dont worry

KB2KD/End

KB2KD/Rech

KB2KD/range - does nothing if said power does not accept range enhancements.  id love this for cone attacks like Buckshot

KB2KD/whatever if anything as we do have some IO sets with 3-5 pieces.  maybe a proc

And to compensate for Sudden Acceleration always being there for us make it KB2KD/Chance for Lethal damage.  Why lethal?  i dont know what damage type is Whiplash is when you suddenly accelerate.

This makes no sense.  

First, KB>KD proc work by turning the power's KB mag to <1 (ie 0.67 and really low mag under 1 KB = KD).   So, having more than 1 KB>KD proc in a power or set is pointless.

Secondly, we already have a universal damage set that has a KB>KD proc in it.  So, your proposal is redundant.

I am all for another Universal Damage set that has other set bonuses and a different proc, though.  

As for Sudden Acceleration proc - I don't think it should be a dual proc.  And there aren't many, if any, out there.  So, I doubt the Devs would go for it either.  

The problem with universal damage sets is: they're unique. So if you slot this as a set, you get no real benefit because all of your tools are in one set; and if you slot them individually you obsolete an existing tool: the Sudden Acceleration KB to KD, which only does KB to KD. I suspect obsoleting Sudden Acceleration is the OP's intent: trying to render an existing tool useless by introducing more powerful versions of the same tool. Which I can't really agree with.

What would be neat would be some new common sets for range/melee/ranged aoe/melee aoe whose 6th slot bonus was an inherent KB to KD proc. Something like:

Pulled Punches (30-50)
Acc/Dam
Dam/End
Acc/Rech
Acc/Dam/End
Acc/Dam/Rech
Acc/Dam/End/Rech

2) X% recovery
3) X% energy/negative resistance
4) X% Energy/Negative/Melee Def
5) X% recharge
6) KB to KD

With some reasonable but not overwhelming set bonuses that cap out with a KB to KD for the people who are more interested in fishing for bonuses than proc bombing.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, PoptartsNinja said:

The problem with universal damage sets is: they're unique. So if you slot this as a set, you get no real benefit because all of your tools are in one set; and if you slot them individually you obsolete an existing tool: the Sudden Acceleration KB to KD, which only does KB to KD. I suspect obsoleting Sudden Acceleration is the OP's intent: trying to render an existing tool useless by introducing more powerful versions of the same tool. Which I can't really agree with.

What would be neat would be some new common sets for range/melee/ranged aoe/melee aoe whose 6th slot bonus was an inherent KB to KD proc. Something like:

Pulled Punches (30-50)
Acc/Dam
Dam/End
Acc/Rech
Acc/Dam/End
Acc/Dam/Rech
Acc/Dam/End/Rech

2) X% recovery
3) X% energy/negative resistance
4) X% Energy/Negative/Melee Def
5) X% recharge
6) KB to KD

With some reasonable but not overwhelming set bonuses that cap out with a KB to KD for the people who are more interested in fishing for bonuses than proc bombing.

Better and more likely to be considered by the devs versus the original suggestion.

11 hours ago, Rudra said:

Sorry, but this proposed set is nonsense. All 6 enhancements provide a KB to KD proc? And would all 5 set bonuses also be KB to KD?

Edit: Also, the level range is ridiculous. Only PvP sets and ATOs get a level 10-50 range, and nothing gets a level 7-50 range. So maybe a level 20-50 like other sets, but most definitely not a level 7-50 range.

Technically the ATOs have a level 13 to 50 range because you can't slot them until level 10. If you can slot it at level 7 it has a minimum level of 10.

So PVP sets have a level range of 10-50 but ATOs do not.

Edit: It looks like the minimum level for Overwhelming Force is also 13.

Edited by Major_Decoy

4 hours ago, PoptartsNinja said:

The problem with universal damage sets is: they're unique.

Just because the only Universal damage set is unique does not mean the new ones need to be

5 hours ago, PoptartsNinja said:

I suspect obsoleting Sudden Acceleration is the OP's intent: trying to render an existing tool useless by introducing more powerful versions of the same tool. Which I can't really agree with.

To be fair, kelika did say to compensate Sudden Acceleration by giving its KB2KD something additional and then suggesting something that the proposed set doesn't have:

16 hours ago, kelika2 said:

And to compensate for Sudden Acceleration always being there for us make it KB2KD/Chance for Lethal damage.

--

What I'm trying to understand is why each enhancement has KB2KD. I'm guessing the purpose of the suggestion is to alleviate the slot tax by having KB2KD enhancements that also boost one aspect but not being beholden to which aspect so you can use them in powers with different needs (acc, dam, end, rech, etc.) without having to suggest separate sets.