Fugly PUG 2 star ITF

Spoilers, we finished it.   And as you might have guessed, I kind of wished I never joined it.

Evidently, the leader was not happy with my performance either, they picked me and another soul out of the team lineup after completion to inform us we have been "Blacklisted"   They did not say why.  Not sure why they mentioned it.  Just do it, leave me the F alone.

So, on to the story.  A 2 star ITF was in LFG, with the standard rigamarole about knowing what you are doing, toon with barrier yada yada.  "1 hour earn a hundred million" was the pitch. I joined.  Recruiting took a while.  The team level looked good.  The "lowest" were 50s with vet levels in the mid teens.  The team composition was not great, in my humble opinion.  Two stalkers, a Brute, a Stone/FireTank, a Fender, 2 Corr, and a MM.  Maybe one of the Corr was actually a Blaster.  But that was just about the team.  

I was on my main, a Dark Dark Corr with just over a hundred vet levels, running a T4 Barrier for this.  I have done 1 and 2 star ITFs before, a handful of times total.  

We load in.  Okay, the team leader said an hour.  It was obvious from the first hallway that was just a lie.  This team was determined to kill anyone that looked at them sideways, no matter how far away that glance came from.  Sigh, okay.  Kill Most 2 star ITF.  I buckled in and we ground on.  Now during the first mission I did ask 2-3 times "are we killing those too?"  "Is this a kill most?"  then i dropped it.

It was grindy, but we were getting through.  We did tend to stay together.  First bit of trouble was the giant robot twins.  We dropped the first like we had a plan.  Then had a ten minute death fest completing the rest of that mission.

We get to the Rom fight.  I have no idea.  Two teammates split off, jumped down the bridge, and were fighting in the river a few hundred feet below.  I went and rezzed one of them and came back.  the remaining team had split in two. Someone asked the plan.

Now, i should point out, the team leader had made a very few comments.  The whole TF. Not many at all.  What they said was not wrong, but it was not detailed. They had said nothing about this fight.

I say 1) team comes together 2) clean around platform 3) kill beamy nictus 4) kill rom  

This is not what happened.  So after a team wipe or two we sort of mostly did the above steps, sort of in order.  And after many many deaths we killed Rom the required number of times.  And he went to his room.

again, we completed this.  The room fight was a shitshow. There were at least two times i thought we would not.  Both with me coming back from hospital.  

Then the message "Snarky and teammate Z you are blacklisted."  And gone.

It took well over an hour.  Not sure how long, I would guess 2 or more. 168 deaths I think.  Fair share of those mine.  A good handful were me swooping in to rez someone only to get curb stomped.  

I still have no idea why the person did not like my play.  Not that I am good.  I am not.  So maybe that was it, just not a great player.  I do not play "as a healer" even though dark has a great heal.  I will sometimes, in a static formation, try to stay tight and spam PBAOE heal.  But to me the heal is a debuff regen, and I try to stay in DPS and to hit debuff mode.  same with Rez, it is a Regen debuff for AVs, not a "Snarkys your medic" power.  Although i will try to help if it makes sense.  I play far range, with a heavy +range build and a lot of cones.  I swoop in to Nuke and then I am gone, hit and run.  I keep debuffs on the main target or main mass.  I am not fast, not particularly attentive, and not exceptionally responsive.  I mostly know the fights, my strategies, and the way I think it will work out and i grind through that.  Maybe the team leader wanted me to stand next to Tank and spam heal.  They never told me to.  So I will never know. 

I did learn a bit from this.  I will, in the future, only join starred content from Task Force Junkies, or people who are known to me.  I will not do starred content on a team that has mediocre composition.  No matter how many people say "any AT can do any job"  I was actually okay, if a bit tired with the entire thing.  It was grindy, but we succeeded.  But to have some rando call me out at the end?  Just done with the entire "New Freedumb" culture on Excelsior.  Gonna limit my PUGs to stuff I can laugh about after.  This was way too much like work.  With a silent yet petulant boss handing out final reviews lol.  Yep, just done.

image.thumb.png.de445346c5c7612d3959b59898791334.png

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 2

Please let me know who that pratfall of a team leader that was so I can put him on my blacklist too.  That's the worst kind of player, period.  I'd rather play with an entire league full of "how do I get to Pocket D?" n00bz than one self-centered fool like that. 

Sorry you had to get annoyed Snarky, here's hoping for better next time.

• Thumbs Up 4

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I'm starting to think all these pickup runs you post about are just people trolling you specifically.

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Haha 6

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

Evidently, the leader was not happy with my performance either, they picked me and another soul out of the team lineup after completion to inform us we have been "Blacklisted" 

This is a thing?

Players do this?

• Moose 1

/e poofgone

1 hour ago, Indystruck said:

Gotta adjust based on how bad the team is. Yeah, Howling Twilight is a great debuff, but -500 regen doesn't do much when half the team dies right after.

I was using it as a rez quite often. Like when i went away from the rom platform, off the bridge and down to the river gully to rez a teammate.  In fact during the hard fights it was doing double duty, everytime it was up it rezzed and debuffed lol

12 hours ago, Snarky said:

Evidently, the leader was not happy with my performance either, they picked me and another soul out of the team lineup after completion to inform us we have been "Blacklisted"   They did not say why.  Not sure why they mentioned it.  Just do it, leave me the F alone.

Oh no!  Stupid and incompetent team leader has blacklisted me!  How can I go on?!?!?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

5 hours ago, JasperStone said:

This is a thing?

Players do this?

yes they do

I was doing a monster run when we hit adamastor. I get there and wait for everyone to arrive then ask directly is everyone ready? I get a chorus of Yep ready lets go

So what does anyone do in that circumstance? naturally with the team ready behind me I push the button and summon the big guy. he  goes down like a lamb and were done

immediately after that i see a question in league chat asking who summoned him. thinking nothing of it and for the sake of honesty i answer in the affirmative and the person in about the smuggest tone one can get on a written format asks me to block them so they never have to team with me again

In utter confusion I do so because really do you want to deal with such a primadonna as it is?  But to this day i still cant figure out what i did wrong and even after asking the rest of the league who also had no idea what was wrong . 

So yeah they do this

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

You disappoint me yet again, @Snarky.  Where's the sarcastic response?  Where's the cutting remark?  You're not earning that name.  Allow me to provide some examples:

"Don't-give-a-shit-listed!"

'Oh no!  Anyway..."

"And?"

"FINALLY."

"If you'd communicated that much during the TF, it wouldn't have been a clusterfuck."

"Whatever will I do without your brilliant leadership?  I mean, other than be happier and more successful."

"You're still here?"

"That's nice."

"Damn, now how will I experience complete and utter incompetence..."

"Maybe you should lead with that next time."

"Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, FREE AT LAST!"

Step up your game, Snarkleberrycrunch.

• Haha 5
  • Microphone 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Luminara said:

You disappoint me yet again, @Snarky.  Where's the sarcastic response?  Where's the cutting remark?  You're not earning that name.  Allow me to provide some examples:

"Don't-give-a-shit-listed!"

'Oh no!  Anyway..."

"And?"

"FINALLY."

"If you'd communicated that much during the TF, it wouldn't have been a clusterfuck."

"Whatever will I do without your brilliant leadership?  I mean, other than be happier and more successful."

"You're still here?"

"That's nice."

"Damn, now how will I experience complete and utter incompetence..."

"Maybe you should lead with that next time."

"Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, FREE AT LAST!"

Step up your game, Snarkleberrycrunch.

they were literally gone by the time i noticed their post.  i did start this screed off with "just do it, leave me the F alone"

but yeah, i could have added a lot more Snark.  damn tired from eating floor dust i think lol.

Edited by Snarky

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

Ok, maybe this is a dumb question but here goes:

Since you appear to dislike PuGs so much why not just make friends and only team with those friends?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Ok, maybe this is a dumb question but here goes:

Since you appear to dislike PuGs so much why not just make friends and only team with those friends?

ah, yes...

You Dont Have Any Friends The Lord Of The Rings GIF - You Dont Have Any Friends The Lord Of The ...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Snarky said:

ah, yes...

You Dont Have Any Friends The Lord Of The Rings GIF - You Dont Have Any Friends The Lord Of The ...

Look, I'm not trying to insult you, Snarky. I meant it as a serious question.

You're on the forums every day. How hard would it be to contact a few people, on the forums or on the Homecoming discord, and set up a time to team up together.

C'mon man, you're a thousand year old vampire. Making a few friends isn't rocket science. If a grumpy jerk like me can do it you certainly shouldn't have any problems with it.

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

10 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

You're on the forums every day. How hard would it be to contact a few people, on the forums or on the Homecoming discord, and set up a time to team up together.

C'mon man, you're a thousand year old vampire. Making a few friends isn't rocket science. If a grumpy jerk like me can do it you certainly shouldn't have any problems with it.

The real question is why are you trying to rob us of these posts? I love em.

You do you Snarky. Someday I hope to lead a PuG bad enough to be featured. ❤️

Edited by VertigoIguana
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

6 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I have regular teams Fri, Sat, and Sun.  I do not lead them, and do whatever they are running.  I enjoy it greatly.  

Fri and Sun are Justice Superteamers.  They have Discord and are great for anybody of any level.  Ukase and the shadow of Cosmic Council is Saturdays.  Also open to new peoples.  

Wait... are you inviting me to your team?

London’s Haunted Highgate Cemetery Has a Vampire Lurking in its Shadows

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Wait... are you inviting me to your team?

Tell ya what. When I start playing again I'll send you an invite.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy Vampire Teeth Batman! 168 deaths!!! 😮

Man Snarky, you are a far better person... I mean Vampire, then I will ever be (let alone patient!). And yeah, you got friends here, if you want them... 😛 Just a quick warning though... 😉

giphgjdeswhy.gif

• Thanks 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Greldek said:

I've ran regular TF pugs with snarky quite a few times, mostly ITF and Ms. Lib IIRC . Nothing stuck out to me about him being a bad/incompetent player.

Thank you.  i am not "horrible" but will gladly admit to being somewhere mediocre to "not really great" lol.  I have seen great.  i have played (mostly chased) behind great.  they can do a full ITF in the time it takes me to zone into each mission.  They know every trick, every powers details, how to get under maps, teleport through walls (legally!) and a hundred other tricks.  They know the fights, the best strategies.  it is insane to watch.  i ain't that.

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've only joined one PUG on the HC servers and it was awful. I limit my grouping to people who ask for help with specific missions or EBs in the Help channel and even then I have a few war stories just from that.

But yeah, who needs friends when I already have a cat that loves/hates me.

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper