20th Anniversary Rewards?

2 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

Glad I sold all mine for 250k each last night.  Now they're down to about 3k.

To me, they're like the halloween ones.  People will glut the market but set it higher and let it sit and you'll earn plenty from them.

Also those no debt insp may have a market too.

I'm kind of bummed that you can't use the Anniversary tokens to buy the old Anniversary badges, 100 merits apiece is steep.  And the tokens are otherwise useless when you can get all the stuff purchasable with them in one day, when the event is a month long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill of Rights said:

I'm kind of bummed that you can't use the Anniversary tokens to buy the old Anniversary badges, 100 merits apiece is steep.  And the tokens are otherwise useless when you can get all the stuff purchasable with them in one day, when the event is a month long.

The Anniversary Tokens can be used to purchase Anniversary Event inspirations, they can be traded on the Auction House for inf, and they will likely be used again for the event next year. If you consider them useless, I'm happy to take them off your hands. 

• Haha 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 4/30/2024 at 9:34 PM, Techwright said:

Yeah, my rising dominator got the surprise of an Echo Stateman who proved to be a superb tank and aggo holder, speeding up my process.  No holding back on the lightning, either.  Curiously, I thought he'd only last 4 minutes but he kept reappearing, even after a reboot of the game.  I'm not complaining.

These appear to be free activations of the Signature Summons (https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Signature_Summon) which are available from S.T.A.R.T. There are four of these and they cost 10,000,000 Inf for 5 charges and you can have up to 99 charges of each on a single character. If you are a Blue sider your options are Echo of Statesman (Tank), Echo of Manticore (Support), Echo of Back Alley Brawler (Melee), or Echo of Positron (Ranged). If you are a Red sider, you get Echo of Lord Recluse (Tank), Echo of Ghost Widow (Support), Echo of Black Scorpion (Melee), or Echo of Scirocco (Ranged). They have a duration of 4 minutes.

I'm going to guess and say these are what you could randomly get from opening capsules. I have charges of these on a hot bar, and when I get one activating from a capsule, those temp power grey out.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Ahh, so you're one of the people who abandon the ambushes, leaving them for someone else to clean up and delaying the respawn of the capsules.

I don't do that myself, but since they operate like the presents in the holiday event, they despawn automatically when it is time to respawn.  I noticed plenty times dueing the Winter Event, I will start to approach an abandoned spawn, and they vanished and got replaced by a present before I could get to them.

• Microphone 1

4 hours ago, Andreah said:

These appear to be free activations of the Signature Summons (https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Signature_Summon) which are available from S.T.A.R.T. There are four of these and they cost 10,000,000 Inf for 5 charges and you can have up to 99 charges of each on a single character. If you are a Blue sider your options are Echo of Statesman (Tank), Echo of Manticore (Support), Echo of Back Alley Brawler (Melee), or Echo of Positron (Ranged). If you are a Red sider, you get Echo of Lord Recluse (Tank), Echo of Ghost Widow (Support), Echo of Black Scorpion (Melee), or Echo of Scirocco (Ranged). They have a duration of 4 minutes.

I'm going to guess and say these are what you could randomly get from opening capsules. I have charges of these on a hot bar, and when I get one activating from a capsule, those temp power grey out.

The next character I sent to collect time capsules got an Echo of Positron, so it seems you're correct.

7 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

The Anniversary Tokens can be used to purchase Anniversary Event inspirations, they can be traded on the Auction House for inf, and they will likely be used again for the event next year. If you consider them useless, I'm happy to take them off your hands. 

I'm hoping that we'll be able to keep using the tokens to buy the temp powers thru the year.   (Just for the Retro vision toggle)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ravenplume said:

since they operate like the presents in the holiday event, they despawn automatically when it is time to respawn.

The respawn time appears to be significantly greater if the ambush spawn is left standing than if it's cleared, though, which stretches things out for everyone else.

On 4/30/2024 at 11:46 PM, UltraAlt said:

I think there is a badge for killing 25 number of each spawn type.

Gardener for Old School Circle of Thorns.

I'm not sure about the others, I switched characters...

... switched back - EDIT

Not every type.  There are just two badges, for 25 each, of the legacy Circle of Thorns and legacy Rikti.

Plus the badge for opening capsules.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Posted (edited)

Ran my number two for all the marbles in 59 Time Capsules. (Picked up one more to make it 60 tokens). All three badges, most of the goodies, and the 60 bux bought everything else with zero left over.

On to my number three. Between flying and the search bind... it's a breeze. Just a bit tedious to loop, say, IP that many times.

I'll also note that while there are no lumps of coal or other booby prizes, having anything but CoT/Rikti pop out comes close. ("Aww, man, not Family again!")  It's even a bummer to get a capsule with no ambush. 😞

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 5/2/2024 at 6:04 AM, Andreah said:

These are the summons I've gotten on my main. I was surprised when I got Recluse and he brought his own minion.

Also, when I had Black Scorpion and swapped to blue-side, he converted to BaBs when I entered Atlas Park.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Anyone else notice a drop in xp and inf from the ambushes from the other day. I was getting anywhere from mid 20k xp down to mid teens now it looks like the range is from upper teens to low teens? Or is it just diminishing returns?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FireSalamander said:

Anyone else notice a drop in xp and inf from the ambushes from the other day. I was getting anywhere from mid 20k xp down to mid teens now it looks like the range is from upper teens to low teens? Or is it just diminishing returns?

Can you provide additional context, such as:

Were you on a team before and after? 

What level were you before and after?

What server were you playing on before and after?

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

38 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Can you provide additional context, such as:

Were you on a team before and after? 

What level were you before and after?

What server were you playing on before and after?

Vet level 226-227 almost 228.

By myself

Excelsior

Just noticed it this morning. I've gathered something like 680 tc tokens.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 7:34 AM, FireSalamander said:

I've been seeing individual mobs giving either lieutenant-grade XP -- 8337 points at level 50 -- down to minion-grade XP -- about 4k at level 50 -- but all the same, so an ambush will produce either ~24k or ~12k XP, with nothing seeming to be in between.

Update: It appears that the legacy CoT and Rikti are giving 8337 XP, with most of the others only giving 4168 XP, but some give 8337 XP. Oddly, in the Clockwork ambush, the mobs give 5004 XP, the odd one out.

Edited by srmalloy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 8:44 PM, Crysis said:

I got to 600 tokens today just running a circle in a zone repeatedly as the capsules respawn in roughly the same area.  During the day there’s almost no competition for them so once you have the route down (thanks to the bind locator) it’s just mindless run/fly/click and then onto next.

Then I went to Luna and realized I had already earned all the rewards and had nothing to spend the tokens on.

Oh well, at least enough tokens to outfit any alts.  Looking forward to next release.

This is confusing to me - tonight I opened 200 capsules and the only thing I got was 200 Tokens. No badges, just a few costumes and a toy bat. How did you get 19 years worth of celebration badges from opening the capsules?

EDIT: Okay, I figured out that you can't buy the Celebration badges with Anniversary Tokens, you need to burn Reward Merits for that - which doesn't make any sense to me... you can;t use Anniversary tokens to buy anniversary badges?? All you can buy is vanity pets and costumes?

Edited by Story Archer

6 hours ago, Story Archer said:

This is confusing to me - tonight I opened 200 capsules and the only thing I got was 200 Tokens. No badges, just a few costumes and a toy bat. How did you get 19 years worth of celebration badges from opening the capsules?

EDIT: Okay, I figured out that you can't buy the Celebration badges with Anniversary Tokens, you need to burn Reward Merits for that - which doesn't make any sense to me... you can;t use Anniversary tokens to buy anniversary badges?? All you can buy is vanity pets and costumes?

Yeah anniversary tokens only usable for the stuff Luna actually has for sale.  The little Statesman vanity pet?  Reward merits required.

Seems to me to be a bit ill conceived but whatever.  

3 hours ago, Crysis said:

Yeah anniversary tokens only usable for the stuff Luna actually has for sale.  The little Statesman vanity pet?  Reward merits required.

They can also be used to purchase Anniversary Event inspiration from Luna, traded on the Auction House, or stored for next year's event. It's worth mentioning that this was the first iteration of the event, there is a likelihood that next year's event will have additional things that the Anniversary Tokens can be used for.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

5 hours ago, Crysis said:

The items that are sold by Luna for Reward Merits were all available last year, while the Time Capsules & Anniversary Tokens were done this year and it was a pretty quick turn around for the devs to get it out the door.   Hopefully more refinement by next year.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/30/2024 at 2:11 PM, Shenanigunner said:

Also, the magic search bind for Time Capsules, at up to 1000 feet, at least, is:

An update, as good here as anywhere. In my dreary rounds collecting tokens for my three mains, when there weren't swarms of other players trying to pounce on my — my, my, mine! — Time Capsules, I did some experimenting with distance.

• The "new capture" distance is only about 400 feet. Beyond that, even looking right at a target, the command won't light it up.
  • However, the "retain" distance is a bit over 1000 feet; you can keep it actively targeted until slightly past that distance.
  • And THEN, if you move in and re-target, it will pick it up again at more or less 1000 feet or less.

I assume this has something to do with database management and "object persistence" and other aspects of managing the visual elements. But the slight variations are useful to know. And may vary with some of the distance settings like /visscale and /LODbias. Worth experimenting.

• Like 4

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com