You're not crazy. The Anniversary ambushes are hard for your low level alt to kill.

If you're low level, the Anniversary ambushes range from frustrating to actually unbeatable (due to heals and regen).

Getting sidekicked up to 49 seems to be the only workaround at this point. Still got very difficult spawns in a low level zone.

Images: Level 8 tanker ice sword vs Level 8 minion in Port Oakes; Level 8 tanker ice sword vs anniversary ambush in Mercy.

level-8-minion.webp

anniversary-minion.webp

• Thumbs Up 3

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Kai Moon said:

If you're low level, the Anniversary ambushes range from frustrating to actually unbeatable (due to heals and regen).

Getting sidekicked up to 49 seems to be the only workaround at this point. Still got very difficult spawns in a low level zone.

Images: Level 8 tanker ice sword vs Level 8 minion in Port Oakes; Level 8 tanker ice sword vs anniversary ambush in Mercy.

level-8-minion.webp

anniversary-minion.webp

Have you tried teammates?

Edit: That's a cool costume!

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Down 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

Have you tried teammates?

Standard response incoming: "What?!? How dare you suggest that I should have to join a team in an MMO?!? I should be able to solo everything. EVERYTHING!!!!!"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3
  • Microphone 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I checked. Teaming doesn't decrease the difficulty, if the team's low level. The spawns get bigger and higher ranked with the same inflated HP.

As stated in OP, sidekicking up to a 50 is the only workaround to get the difficulty down to a reasonable level.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Kai Moon said:

I checked. Teaming doesn't decrease the difficulty, if the team's low level. The spawns get bigger and higher ranked with the same inflated HP.

As stated in OP, sidekicking up to a 50 is the only workaround to get the difficulty down to a reasonable level.

Now that you mention it, the Anniversary mob types should be using Minion.Grunt attributes, which if the level scaling is applying correctly, would set the entities max hp to 68 at Level 8.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/archetype-data.html?at=minion_grunt

Edit: @ViridianDev any idea about the level scaling? I thought the mob types were all minion grunts.

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Kai Moon said:

Thanks, I noticed the same thing.  Mobs are very difficult to kill in you're under level 10 (and might be for higher levels too).  I "fixed" it by just using the 50 as a badge hunter and ignoring my lower level alts.  Still indicates a bug in the code (or at least feels like a bug).

• Thumbs Up 1

OK, checked the reverse scenario. Damage scales downward when appropriate. It just doesn't scale upward.

Images: Level 50 blaster brawl vs Level 50 minion in PI; Level 50 blaster brawl vs anniversary Skull with low HP. (Removed Alpha and waited out any Defiance, so there's no level shift or damage buff fluctuations.)

level-50-minion.webp

anniversary-damage-scaling.webp

The spawns are definitely using the wrong attribute somewhere, causing level-less enemies to spawn with level50 HP.  Advice: lowbies can all go home. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

hm that seems not to happen to all of em, i had yesterday 3 time capsules fights on my lvl 11 controller and 2 of em was over in seconds.

Maybe it depends on mob types used for it, one spawn was family, the 2nd was warriors, the 3rd one i didnt want to do, cause "riki" well damage resistance.....

and by OP the family men with 68 HP seemed to be ok, the nemesis with over 300 naturally not.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

Pfft. Telling us we're not crazy. I *know* you're wrong there.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

7 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

hm that seems not to happen to all of em, i had yesterday 3 time capsules fights on my lvl 11 controller and 2 of em was over in seconds.

Maybe it depends on mob types used for it, one spawn was family, the 2nd was warriors, the 3rd one i didnt want to do, cause "riki" well damage resistance.....

and by OP the family men with 68 HP seemed to be ok, the nemesis with over 300 naturally not.

Probably depends on enemy type.  Something level appropriate and you're good.  If you're, say, level 16 and suddenly up against Crey, though...

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

Just another data point.

I was level 3, ran by a capsule in Atlas and clicked.  3 Rikti spawned, I punched and punched and punched and got 1 to about 85% hp.  The damage they do seems scaled appropriately, I was surviving, though I certainly would going to die if I slugged it out with all 3 of them.  To see if my guy was just super weak I fought an even level hellion and it went down in 3 hits, about what I'm used to with an even con minion at that level.

4 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

Just another data point.

I was level 3, ran by a capsule in Atlas and clicked.  3 Rikti spawned, I punched and punched and punched and got 1 to about 85% hp.  The damage they do seems scaled appropriately, I was surviving, though I certainly would going to die if I slugged it out with all 3 of them.  To see if my guy was just super weak I fought an even level hellion and it went down in 3 hits, about what I'm used to with an even con minion at that level.

Lowest level Rikti minions are 30, so I'm guessing they have level 30 HP.

• Microphone 1

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

Yeah, I noticed this earlier today. I was tooling around on my new corruptor at level 9 and poked one of the anniversary crates. Out came three banished pantheon zombies. So I shot one with my blast, quick snipe, and origin power and...it was still at 80% health. I had to run away from them at around 10% health, and I'd managed to get ONE of them down to around 25%. 

They're definitely overtuned for low level characters. 

I ran into this with my Lvl 7 Ice / Emp Controller on Excelsior. Popped a capsule. Was able to beat the Trio summoned but it took a while. Not saying it's impossible, if you know your build but it takes about 5 times longer than say on my lvl 50 who I based her on, on Indomiitable.