No Moment of Glory for MOBs

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I honestly wish they had the same amount of powers based on their lvl that players of that lvl do.

ZOMG, NuCouncil is soooo borken at level 30!!!!

/s

23 hours ago, MsSmart said:

I would not support the 300% damage boost, because it, affects classes differently, as tanker, sure do 300%, as a controller, are you kidding me?

I think it would be cool if high enough CC or combinations of CC straight up disabled powers like this. 

21 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I should have clarified that I meant a +300% boost to Melee Damage only. If this is done in conjunction with lowering the duration of MoG to 20 or 30 seconds then, as a squishy of any sort, you only have to stay out of melee range for 20 or 30 seconds. Maybe ask your team's tank to taunt the Paragon Protector?

The only issue I have with this idea is that it would make Paragon Protectors have a better power than Knives of Vengeance, and I feel like the endgame enemies should be generally superior for not only challenge purposes but thematic/lore ones. I like it though, and KoV have this idea going for them already pretty much, just weaker.

23 minutes ago, Monos King said:

The only issue I have with this idea is that it would make Paragon Protectors have a better power than Knives of Vengeance, and I feel like the endgame enemies should be generally superior for not only challenge purposes but thematic/lore ones.

It was just an idea that quickly popped into my mind when we had the last thread about MoG. I don't know what the numbers should actually be, nor was I concerned about balance. I'm glad that you like the general idea though.

But, if the Knives of Vengeance are that much weaker than Crey then maybe they should be the next faction the devs look at.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

• 1 month later

There is a reason most players call MOB MOG Moment of Boredom...

While I try to get folks to focus on the PP, the problem is in TFs like Manticore, you get teams totally unbalanced, where the  ratio 1 boss-2 LTs-4Minions, goes out the window and instead you get like 3 PPs (boss level), tankers some boss and some Lts, and then a few minions. When you get so many PPs there is no way to avoid the Moment of Boredom, its not like you can say screw him, lets move on, because the mission is a kill all.

Perhaps a special mechanic can be made that if a PP in MOG goes away, say 40 ft from the centroid of the team, its considered defeated, and the team can move on, and disregard  the pesky mob.

I tend to agree with OP that some relief from a non challenge game effect that leads to players being board, makes sense, the how is the challenge

Trying to hold a boss, to prevent it from getting into MOG is much easier said than done, no doubt, I going to hear about the controller who can do it in one try and it is totally easy to do...

• Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, arcane said:
3 hours ago, DrRocket said:

When you get so many PPs there is no way to avoid the Moment of Boredom

PP MoG can always be avoided.

And PPs can be killed through MoG too.

The team leader can lower the difficulty of the missions. 

Teammates can apply -def effects. 

Hold the Paragon Protector prior to activation. 

S.T.A.R.T vendor offensive amplifiers. 

Accuracy inspirations. 

Psi damage also gets through the resistance buff of MoG.

The team could target through one player to ensure focused damage output one Paragon Protector at a time.

It looks like all of the above either combined or in part, could help make those 45 seconds of MoG go by a lot quicker. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2024 at 4:24 PM, KaizenSoze said:

hen hold the PP before it pops. Or pop some yellows and hit it with Psi damage

I try that next time I fight those guys with my SS/Invul brute.

The two best ways to handle MoG in my opinion are 

1.  Murder arrest them before they pop MoG.
  2. Bring some psi damage. MoG offers no additional protection against this type.

I do like the suggestions in here about reducing duration. If the team has no psi damage, MoG makes the mob a tantruming toddler and you just wait around until they tire themselves out.

9 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

The team leader can lower the difficulty of the missions. 

Teammates can apply -def effects. 

Hold the Paragon Protector prior to activation. 

S.T.A.R.T vendor offensive amplifiers. 

Accuracy inspirations. 

Psi damage also gets through the resistance buff of MoG.

The team could target through one player to ensure focused damage output one Paragon Protector at a time.

It looks like all of the above either combined or in part, could help make those 45 seconds of MoG go by a lot quicker. 

Nope…….

Just can’t think of any ways…..

🙂

Another way to stop them from MoG is to sap their endurance.  Something my electric blast sentinel can do pretty easily and even on multiple at once.  Actually have an easier time with them on my electric sentinel than I do with my controllers.

Can also use knockdown/knockback if you time it right.

Reducing the MoG time a bit wouldn't be terrible, but I'd hate to see them nerfed too much.  As others said, it gives some usefulness to things beyond the usual "moar damage=answer to everything."  And it isn't like enough burst damage isn't also good enough still anyway.