No Moment of Glory for MOBs

Please take away from mobs Moment of Glory or alike abilities (personal forcefield that no one can hit them, but unlike players they can hit)

Now why am I asking for this?

Giving mobs MOG and Forcefields that prevents them from getting killed are no challenge to players, it is only a time sink and a really bad annoyance to the players, take Manticore, kill all mission, and OMG is this planet of the Paragon Protectors? What really makes me mad, its a kill all, so when the PP goes nah nah you can't hit me, we can't go, screw you, we moving on in the mission, but we can't because its a kill all, so 8 of us just sits there doing nothing, totally bored, until the PP is actually engageable!

Please start removing the time sinks from the game, they are not needed.

Sue

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

I very much oppose this. Even when those abilities frustrate me because enemies go unkillable. Because it is the only thing keeping mobs anywhere near players for capability.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, MsSmart said:

I agree very much with this part of your post. I don't agree with removing MoG from enemies though. Instead I'll make the same recommendation that I made years ago when this subject last came up. MoG for enemies should be reduced in duration to 30 seconds, and during that time the enemy should also have a +300% damage boost.

With this it goes from being a time waster to a serious danger that you can't ignore but that also isn't going to make the team sit around and wait for 5 minutes until it drops.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Obviously I'm not taking down any Fake Nemeses through their Personal Force Fields, but I regularly take down Longbow Wardens, Paragon Protectors, and others that pop T9s like MoG and Unstoppable. It's totally possible to get through their defences. It's a great time to pop a few inspirations or throw a couple usually superfluous debuffs on them. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I oppose removing enemy MoG and Unstoppable as well.

You know they're going to do it, don't let them.... either prioritize them and take them down or use a control power to keep them from being able to use the power.

strategy.gif.2228f606427547e12b76cf62307190c8.gif

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd oppose straight up removing MOG-like powers on mobs. Instead, as others have suggested, retool them to provide an actual challenge. 

PP pops MoG and no one can hit them for however long? Boring. PP pops MoG and starts chunking down health bars, forcing the Tank to switch their focus on the fly while support is frantically pumping out all the debuffs and CC they can manage? Now we're talking. 

The big difference in the latter scenario is it requires players to respond and counter what the mob is doing. The current state of MoG-likes forces players to just wait around. It's obnoxiously bad game design. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

You wanna play Peacebringer?😒  Fine, but at least check out this guide first: Peacebringers STILL SUCK!!! (v. 1.1)

3 minutes ago, Timeshadow said:

I'd oppose straight up removing MOG-like powers on mobs. Instead, as others have suggested, retool them to provide an actual challenge. 

PP pops MoG and no one can hit them for however long? Boring. PP pops MoG and starts chunking down health bars, forcing the Tank to switch their focus on the fly while support is frantically pumping out all the debuffs and CC they can manage? Now we're talking. 

The big difference in the latter scenario is it requires players to respond and counter what the mob is doing. The current state of MoG-likes forces players to just wait around. It's obnoxiously bad game design. 

Then hold the PP before it pops. Or pop some yellows and hit it with Psi damage. There are existing counters.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

27 minutes ago, Luminara said:

200.gif?cid=6c09b9522gl3xxvtps5btviyk37m

This is a selfie of Luminara planning another trip to Spankyland.  🤣

• Haha 5

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

5 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

pop some yellows and hit it with Psi damage. There are existing counters.

I thought I had heard at some point that yellows would take you over the limit of the Def in MoG... apparently 3 small yellows wont cut it though lol

8 hours ago, MsSmart said:

are no challenge to players, it is only a time sink and a really bad annoyance to the players

Dear Sue,

I think some would argue that prioritizing targets or learning how to avoid a 'time sink' is part of the game.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."

There are viable tactics sprinkled throughout the game which are in themselves QoL.

Folks aren't required to learn them. Folks aren't required to recognize and react to every little thing in the game. It's usually a very forgiving system. Ignoring it is a choice.

• If I'm on a damage dealer character I'm looking to spike those suckers when they get near that special percentage of health.
  • If I'm on a control character I'm looking to lock em down.

Few things are as satisfying as popping a PP with a fist in the air. (thats just for you.. you know who you are.)

As to the idea of +300% damage and a shorter MoG. Sure, for full teams steamrolling +4/8 but lets not punish casual players / teams or solo players. If it could scale in response to player choices, sounds fun.

Thanks,

-Troo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Chuck in a Hold, that's what they're for.  I really don't think the game needs Control powers to be made even more superfluous.

• Thumbs Up 4

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

11 hours ago, Troo said:

There are viable tactics sprinkled throughout the game which are in themselves QoL.

They are like a mini game.   I often will have a high KD attack ready to knock them off their feet with a high damage followup with some chars.  (Or tossing those holds at that time, or a few other tactics for them)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later
On 5/13/2024 at 5:40 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

I agree very much with this part of your post. I don't agree with removing MoG from enemies though. Instead I'll make the same recommendation that I made years ago when this subject last came up. MoG for enemies should be reduced in duration to 30 seconds, and during that time the enemy should also have a +300% damage boost.

With this it goes from being a time waster to a serious danger that you can't ignore but that also isn't going to make the team sit around and wait for 5 minutes until it drops.

I would not support the 300% damage boost, because it, affects classes differently, as tanker, sure do 300%, as a controller, are you kidding me?

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 6:24 PM, KaizenSoze said:

Then hold the PP before it pops. Or pop some yellows and hit it with Psi damage. There are existing counters.

Its always a boss, good luck getting a hold on them, and they seem to get MoG off despite of holds and being bounced all over the place

• Thumbs Down 1

On 5/13/2024 at 4:26 PM, MsSmart said:

Please take away from mobs Moment of Glory or alike abilities (personal forcefield that no one can hit them, but unlike players they can hit)

Now why am I asking for this?

Giving mobs MOG and Forcefields that prevents them from getting killed are no challenge to players, it is only a time sink and a really bad annoyance to the players, take Manticore, kill all mission, and OMG is this planet of the Paragon Protectors? What really makes me mad, its a kill all, so when the PP goes nah nah you can't hit me, we can't go, screw you, we moving on in the mission, but we can't because its a kill all, so 8 of us just sits there doing nothing, totally bored, until the PP is actually engageable!

Sue

No, thank you.  These abilities DO provide challenge - challenge in stopping the mob BEFORE they do it.  Otherwise, it's just a another standard boring run through an enemy group.  It's these challenges that make this game great.  

And the PP can be hit through MOG with enough To-Hit... so use your Build Up, Aim, Tactics, and yellows.  If you still can't, then move on to the next group and bring it with you.  It wears off in 2 mins and they PP falls easily in the AOEs.  

18 minutes ago, MsSmart said:

Its always a boss, good luck getting a hold on them, and they seem to get MoG off despite of holds and being bounced all over the place

If you have 2 holds or 2 stuns, or a Dom with Domination up, it is quite easy to mez them to prevent them from MOG'ing.  

• Like 2

A lot of the suggestions for overcoming MoG rely on having a team or a specific combination of powers, it seems. While that's a perfectly valid perspective, let's also consider that not everybody plays One Way or Another for all sorts of reasons.

I'd personally like to see more variety in what MoG is currently lacking. Right now it's susceptible to psi damage alone (though it still provides a lot of defense), but what if it was one of several weaknesses, picked at random? You could even alter the FX to make it visually recognizable to liven things up a bit, like the ice armor, flame shield, and so on. This way it becomes more of an active gameplay element, while presenting less of a "solid wall of frustration" for some players.

9 minutes ago, Enamel_32 said:

A lot of the suggestions for overcoming MoG rely on having a team or a specific combination of powers, it seems. While that's a perfectly valid perspective, let's also consider that not everybody plays One Way or Another for all sorts of reasons.

I'd personally like to see more variety in what MoG is currently lacking. Right now it's susceptible to psi damage alone (though it still provides a lot of defense), but what if it was one of several weaknesses, picked at random? You could even alter the FX to make it visually recognizable to liven things up a bit, like the ice armor, flame shield, and so on. This way it becomes more of an active gameplay element, while presenting less of a "solid wall of frustration" for some players.

Popping yellow inspirations to overcome MoG or dragging the MoG'ed mob around with you while you mop the floor with the other spawns isn't dependent on a team or set AT or set powers. That said, I do like your idea of different version of MoG with different vulnerabilities.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MsSmart said:

I would not support the 300% damage boost, because it, affects classes differently, as tanker, sure do 300%, as a controller, are you kidding me?

I should have clarified that I meant a +300% boost to Melee Damage only. If this is done in conjunction with lowering the duration of MoG to 20 or 30 seconds then, as a squishy of any sort, you only have to stay out of melee range for 20 or 30 seconds. Maybe ask your team's tank to taunt the Paragon Protector?

On 5/13/2024 at 6:49 PM, FupDup said:

Enemy MOG should mirror the current player version of MOG. Originally they matched, but after Regen got "changed," the NPCs never got updated. 

Wait.  That actually makes sense.

NPC MoG duration should match player MoG duration. Other than that, I fully support mobs to have access to tier 9 abilities.

I honestly wish they had the same amount of powers based on their lvl that players of that lvl do.