Zone Events

To begin with, here are the Zone Events listed on the wiki:
https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Category:Zone_Events

You can also peruse this page for more info (including a link to Special Events:)

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Zone_Events

Is there a list of the frequency of each of the Zone Events?

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

29 minutes ago, Display Name said:

To begin with, here are the Zone Events listed on the wiki:
https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Category:Zone_Events

You can also peruse this page for more info (including a link to Special Events:)

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Zone_Events

Is there a list of the frequency of each of the Zone Events?

If you read all the events, practically every one of them will state their frequency (even if vague as in "at random intervals") or will state how to trigger them.  It seems only the Hellion Arson (Steel Canyon fires) Event doesn't say anything about frequency.  

And it appears, the Nemesis Invasion is not included in any of these, which can be triggered by completing the last arc of Pandora's Box story arc.  Can anyone make that wiki page?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

If you read all the events, practically every one of them will state their frequency (even if vague as in "at random intervals") or will state how to trigger them.  It seems only the Hellion Arson (Steel Canyon fires) Event doesn't say anything about frequency.  

And it appears, the Nemesis Invasion is not included in any of these, which can be triggered by completing the last arc of Pandora's Box story arc.  Can anyone make that wiki page?  

The Hellion Arson rarely take more than two hours to spawn.  It may be roughly hourly.  Basically, building is always catching on fire.

51 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

It seems only the Hellion Arson (Steel Canyon fires) Event doesn't say anything about frequency.

41 minutes ago, Snarky said:

The Hellion Arson rarely take more than two hours to spawn.  It may be roughly hourly.  Basically, building is always catching on fire.

Heh...  This is specifically the event that I was wanting to know about.  I just wanted to ask the question generally as a one-shot, one-kill for all of the events.

I was waiting around for the Hellion Arson today and there was roughly a two hour and ten minute gap between spawns.  But that's just one sample.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Super Whatsit

36 minutes ago, Display Name said:

Heh...  This is specifically the event that I was wanting to know about.  I just wanted to ask the question generally as a one-shot, one-kill for all of the events.

I was waiting around for the Hellion Arson today and there was roughly a two hour and ten minute gap between spawns.  But that's just one sample.

lol!  In the immortal words of Homer Simpson:  D'OH! 

I've seen the Hellion Arson events practically go back to back within minutes, and then other times, I feel like I go many hours without seeing a notice for one.  I guess it's that "random intervals" like some others.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, Snarky said:

i waited 4 hours for a troll rave once and i needed just 2 stinking Supa Trolls lol

Yeah, I've that issue on several characters and I think the only thing worse was having to tag Sally twice for the badge, and having to compete with everyone else to get it done.  I've still got early-created characters waiting to complete that.  And while I think on it, THANK YOU to whomever changed the requirement from 2 hits to 1 hit.  It's made a notable improvement.

• Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Yeah, I've that issue on several characters and I think the only thing worse was having to tag Sally twice for the badge, and having to compete with everyone else to get it done.  I've still got early-created characters waiting to complete that.  And while I think on it, THANK YOU to whomever changed the requirement from 2 hits to 1 hit.  It's made a notable improvement.

Yeah. On Excelsior a couple years ago there were 1-2 peeps that smacked Sally as soon as she was up.  And it was the same 1-2 characters for quite a while.  So…. Everyone gets there fun a different way i guess 

• Like 2

Paladin event started today in Kings Row and I tried to convince folks that you have to prevent the construction to get the badge, but they didn’t listen or didn’t care.  So Paladin was completed and all I got were a few merits.

• Like 1
  • Microphone 1

2 hours ago, Semler said:

Paladin event started today in Kings Row and I tried to convince folks that you have to prevent the construction to get the badge, but they didn’t listen or didn’t care.  So Paladin was completed and all I got were a few merits.

This is a hard one. I find i have to tell people a few times we have to keep killing it for the event badge.  As long as you get there with one or two other believers then it all works out

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Re: Paladin... be thankful that HC shifted away from the "Shining Stars" variation. It ended up changing Knight Errant, but the current event is much better than what it was.

Not everyone needs or wants the Knight Errant badge, some would prefer the merits, etc. The spawns themselves offer more XP (and certainly more salvage/recipe drops) than the Paladin.

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 3:48 PM, Snarky said:

Yeah no kidding it seems like one is on fire every time I am rolling through the Canyon.  Also like to explode just when I start helping the Chief.

Edited by High_Beam
  • Haha 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

• 2 weeks later

Does Water Blast/Water-related-powers work on the flames in the Hellion Arson zone event?

@Super Whatsit

2 hours ago, Display Name said:

Does Water Blast/Water-related-powers work on the flames in the Hellion Arson zone event?

Specifically, Cold damage works against the fires. Fire damage heals it. There are some Water Blast powers that dish out Fire damage — Steam Jet, I think. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 9:31 PM, ZekeStenzland said:

Specifically, Cold damage works against the fires. Fire damage heals it. There are some Water Blast powers that dish out Fire damage — Steam Jet, I think. 

Oooo...
   If Fire Damage actually heals the fires, maybe there should be a Badge for starting them too... 🙂
Or better yet, a competition between those who try and put out the fires Vs those who constantly heal them and prevent them from going out... 😁
   Methinks that might be a blast... 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

4 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

Oooo...
   If Fire Damage actually heals the fires, maybe there should be a Badge for starting them too... 🙂
Or better yet, a competition between those who try and put out the fires Vs those who constantly heal them and prevent them from going out... 😁
   Methinks that might be a blast... 😛

Like a tug of war battle!

• Thumbs Up 2

I would like to see additional zone events, with some of the more common ones repeating in different zones.  Like why aren't there fires anywhere else in Paragon City other than Steel Canyon?  Maybe have Hellions start some fires in Kings Row, too.  Babbage lives in Boomtown but pops up in Skyway for the Synapse TF... how does it get there without being spotted anywhere in Steel Canyon, Perez Park, or Atlas Park?  Sewers?  Just saying, it would be nice if Babbage occasionally (very rare) popped up in one of those other locations to represent yeah it's just passing through.

Deathsurge came from Dr. Aeon's power transfer system?  You know what would be funny?  If Aeon sent him to Paragon City to plague the heroes and it occasionally stampedes around outside Terra Volta looking to drink in some delicious power.

Jurassik spawns in Crey's Folly, but also shows up in the last mission of Numina's TF... which is in Eden, which has Brickstown and Faultline between them according to the map.  Big J gets around, maybe moving though the earth.  Might be fun for it to show up somewhere in the Rogue Isles where polution could draw it out.

Maybe a couple "new" events, too.  Would love to see a Freakshow equivalent to the supa trolls rave... or a Ghostbusters style showdown with lots of spirits and demons coming through a portal on a rooftop somewhere the Circle of Thorns operate regularly.

• Thumbs Up 4