No one seems to know what +Wet does in Water Blast?

I created a FF/Water Blast Defender and there is a +Wet stat on the abilities. This is listed separately from +Tidal Power like it does something different to the enemies. Does +Wet make electric damage do more or something? It's listed on the power description in game but  not on the Wiki which makes me think it's an error.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Water_Blast

• Thumbs Up 1

"Wet" was a status flag that was granted by some Powers and was going to be used to buff other Powers.  But the whole mechanism was dropped before the Page was released Live.  Looks like some Powers still grant the flag that is now not used by any other Powers.

This was intended to be the compromise for Arsenal Control specifically not having an immobilize power to set up Containment with, allowing Liquid Nitrogen to immobilize "wet" targets.  The issue though is that while it seems like a good idea on paper it was incredibly unwieldy, not explained in-game at all and Arsenal Control had no way to apply it itself forcing you to rely on others to do it since I believe both Freezing Rain and Sleet did not apply the effect either.  The best way for a Controller to make something wet was to use the Fire Extinguishers from the Steel Canyon fire event.

And as it turns out, Arsenal's Containment issues are a non-issue anyway from what I can tell.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

14 minutes ago, Jacke said:

"Wet" was a status flag that was granted by some Powers and was going to be used to buff other Powers.  But the whole mechanism was dropped before the Page was released Live.  Looks like some Powers still grant the flag that is now not used by any other Powers.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/tags.html?tag=wetstatus&q=bears

Lots of em

I can appreciate the effort to try to buff a different set (Arsenal Control) by leveraging tags from other sets (Water Blasts, Storm, whatever), but the identified sets that could (hypothetically, or otherwise) apply a +Wet tag are IMO already pretty well-performing and don't really need buffing or an additional reason to play them.

Trying to synergize attacks across different primary/secondary choices seems dangerous to me. For example: uf the +Wet tag suddenly granted enemy critters +20% Resistance to Fire damage... I suspect players would become pretty upset.

1 hour ago, tidge said:

Trying to synergize attacks across different primary/secondary choices seems dangerous to me. For example: uf the +Wet tag suddenly granted enemy critters +20% Resistance to Fire damage... I suspect players would become pretty upset.

That would not bother me.  But if that does happen, I think the next thing they need to work on is applying a +Burning flag and any critters that have that flag gain a +20% resistance to cold damage.  How can you be freezing when you're on fire??

36 minutes ago, Player2 said:

That would not bother me.  But if that does happen, I think the next thing they need to work on is applying a +Burning flag and any critters that have that flag gain a +20% resistance to cold damage.  How can you be freezing when you're on fire??

This sort of thinking (apply game effects based on a primary choice that affect other player's primary choices etc.) definitely feels like a peculiar spiral that the game doesn't exactly need.... This strikes me as a "big squeeze, little juice" situation.

• 2 weeks later