The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Give me them juicy powerset combos - scrapper gotta scrap!

Aeroprism

I feel the itch for a new scrapper and I was just curious to ask: what are your hidden gems out there?

I already have an Energy/Energy and a Rad/Rad to 50 (the single target monster and the AoE machine, respectively).

I have already done Claws and Katana to 50 on live, so I'm looking for something else.

I'm asking here because the other day, someone mentioned a tanker powerset combo (Elec Armor/DM if you're curious) and my first thought was "Huh, that's weird." but I tried it and by Statesman well-shaved chin, this was one of the most fun characters EVER.

So I'm fishing for ideas.  What's that secret scrapper that I'm just not seeing?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

What's that secret scrapper that I'm just not seeing?

Try a titan weapon/ninjitsu scrapper - it takes a bit to get past the momentum mechanic, but once you do, it's an off the wall combo!

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, biostem said:

Try a titan weapon/ninjitsu scrapper - it takes a bit to get past the momentum mechanic, but once you do, it's an off the wall combo!

I’m currently working on a MA/Nin combo that cycles Nin’s T9 and Unleash Potential. The hope is that it will be a Scrapper that hardly ever goes down 😂

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, StriderIV said:

I’m currently working on a MA/Nin combo that cycles Nin’s T9 and Unleash Potential. The hope is that it will be a Scrapper that hardly ever goes down 😂

I have a 50 katana/ninjitsu scrapper, (I kind of prefer the scrapper/sentinel version over stalker's), and with divine avalanche's short recharge time, I am nearly untouchable, (with the heal and end recovery powers being very useful to aid me in maintaining my assault and healing up any damage that does get through).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have a handful of Scrappers at 50 with varying success.

Staff/Elec - Meh, wouldn't recommend.  Pretty tanky with capped resists in a lot of spots but rather underwhelming damage wise.  The lack of a taunt aura makes keeping things in range of Staff AoEs a huge pain too.

Mace/Shield - Good fun.  Hits like a bus and Clobber criticals are something to behold (Can easily hit for over 1300 if unresisted).  Slow as a bus however and a bit end heavy.

Spines/Ice - Probably my favorite.  Big AoEs, everything slowed to a crawl, immune to slows myself and surprisingly survivable.  Animations take long however and my alpha defenses aren't top tier resulting in having to rely on Icy Bastion and Hibernate in a lot of scenarios.  Still this is probably my recommendation if you want to try something new and want to torment your foe with extra needles.

Savage/Willpower - Fun, easy to use but Savage suffers the Lethal DoT effect that makes it feel weaker than it really is.  I find myself having to use Resurgance far too often at times but if i'm able to get in to scraps that don't immediately end me it's pretty good.  Savage Leap is fun as hell though.

Dual Blades/Ninjutsu - Fun concept but I just can't get Dual Blades to work for me.  Combos or not it doesn't feel as good as other weapon sets, though I do appreciate how fast and hard hitting Sweeping Strike is.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

5 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

WM/Nin

Before they made the improvewents to bane spiders, and even now if you want crab & bane builds but don't want the spider legs, this is a great combo!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, StriderIV said:

This is what my Stone/nin does. It ends up being super easy with all the ffback going off in fault+tremor. Pop unleash just before the crash and retsu is up again before unleash drops. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

This is what my Stone/nin does. It ends up being super easy with all the ffback going off in fault+tremor. Pop unleash just before the crash and retsu is up again before unleash drops. 

Brilliant. This is what I’m looking for with FF in dragon’s tail. I wasn’t sure if it could be achieved without Burnout or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderIV said:

Brilliant. This is what I’m looking for with FF in dragon’s tail. I wasn’t sure if it could be achieved without Burnout or not.

I do run agility and ended up over slotting retsu for recharge. Agility might not be needed though given the ffback and if you took ageless (I did not because clarion radial and /nin are great together).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Gonna have to mess around with mids. Just so many powers I want to take 😂😂😂 would be sweet to work in Combat Teleport as well.

About 90% of my characters utilize Combat Teleport (along with the macros needed to properly leverage it in battle).  This is one of the most effective movement powers in the game, and once you get used to having it, it can be (IMO) almost painful to do without, most especially if you're playing a melee toon.

It really is one of my favorite powers in the game and you can get everything you need out of it by only slotting a single enhancement in it (though I often put a set of 2 Winters in there, to get the slow resistance and a bit of fire/cold resist).

• Like 3

So many good answers!!

13 hours ago, biostem said:

Ninjitsu... never tried it.  Partly because I'm allergic to everything ninja/medieval japanese but mostly because .. I dunno.  It does look cool on paper, I ought to give it a try.  That 8-sec Invis-WHAM-BAM gimmick looks fun, I have to admit. I'm not a fan of clickable mez protection but then again, I love doing builds without hasten. I hate cookie-cutter builds.

14 hours ago, Azari said:

Spines/Bio/Mu Mastery is another good AOE combo. 

13 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Spines/Ice - Probably my favorite.  Big AoEs, everything slowed to a crawl, immune to slows myself and surprisingly survivable.  Animations take long however and my alpha defenses aren't top tier resulting in having to rely on Icy Bastion and Hibernate in a lot of scenarios.  Still this is probably my recommendation if you want to try something new and want to torment your foe with extra needles.

Now THOSE are sexy.  Spines/Bio looks like a real fun powerhouse but Spines/Ice looks like an orgy of orange numbers with soft control. It would also give me an excuse to start Goldside and play a Praetorian/vilain version of my Ice/Ice tank.

I'm now off to read @Yomo Kimyata's extensive Scrapper topic and I look forward to all your future suggestions and I'm surprised nobody mentionned Fire melee yet, I thought it was a big crowd pleaser.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Triumphant said:

About 90% of my characters utilize Combat Teleport (along with the macros needed to properly leverage it in battle).  This is one of the most effective movement powers in the game, and once you get used to having it, it can be (IMO) almost painful to do without, most especially if you're playing a melee toon.

It really is one of my favorite powers in the game and you can get everything you need out of it by only slotting a single enhancement in it (though I often put a set of 2 Winters in there, to get the slow resistance and a bit of fire/cold resist).

I have Combat Teleport on my NRG/NRG scrapper but never learned to use it properly.

Would you impart us that juicy macro wisdom please?  🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

I have Combat Teleport on my NRG/NRG scrapper but never learned to use it properly.

Would you impart us that juicy macro wisdom please?  🙂

Try these:

/bind lshift+lbutton powexecname combat teleport

/macro Bamf! "powexec_location target Combat Teleport"

/macro Back! "powexec_location back:max Combat Teleport"

/macro Up! "powexec_location up:max Combat Teleport"

Combine with tab-targetting nearest enemy and/or specific enemy target macro's, this will change your life as a melee combatant.  😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Triumphant said:

Try these:

/bind lshift+lbutton powexecname combat teleport

/macro Bamf! "powexec_location target Combat Teleport"

/macro Back! "powexec_location back:max Combat Teleport"

/macro Up! "powexec_location up:max Combat Teleport"

Combine with tab-targetting nearest enemy and/or specific enemy target macro's, this will change your life as a melee combatant.  😎

image.png.eb84f1745a7b14a14c47dc302e177ac6.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Mace/Shield - Good fun.  Hits like a bus and Clobber criticals are something to behold (Can easily hit for over 1300 if unresisted).  Slow as a bus however and a bit end heavy.

I have one of these and you've described him perfectly. Hits stupidly hard but endurance has to be found to drive him. Think that is part of why I made my WM/Nin character. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yomo's topic brought to my eyes the "Ice/Stone" combo, courtesy of @electric_emu

It sounds... I need to play this.  I need this in my life.

I have never played a /Stone armor aything.  I need it.  Now.

@Xandyr also makes an excellent sales pitch for Staff/Dark

My options keep going up. It's Christmas in May.

Edited by Aeroprism
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

I have one of these and you've described him perfectly. Hits stupidly hard but endurance has to be found to drive him. Think that is part of why I made my WM/Nin character. 

Energy/Body Mastery helps.  Not a perfect solution but Physical Perfection is great for the extra Performance Shifter and Ocnserve Power is handy.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

14 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Energy/Body Mastery helps.  Not a perfect solution but Physical Perfection is great for the extra Performance Shifter and Ocnserve Power is handy.

Yeah, went Body Mastery on him to deal with the endurance requirement. I like him, but gotta say the WM/Nin excites me more.

• Like 1