Question about character items tab in email.

Is there a limit to the number of items that can be stored in the character item tab of email?

The area that holds items you get from super packs.

I had asked this question on the help channel and was told yes but, not how much.

I am going to guess and say it may likely be the same limit as global mails, which is 150. As for items themselves, no clue but I'm fairly certain those items stack instead of a seperate email for each item that drops, like Winter Ward will show multiple available in one email. The limit may be what can stack, so possibly up to 999 or 9999?

• Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I don't know the actual limit of any particular set of items, or even if it is consistent across all items in the list.  But what I can tell you is that the limit is definitely not 999 items, since I have many categories where I've got over a thousand.  I'll try to keep an eye on if things are limited at 9,999 -- as of now I've got 8,909 converters in the C.I. menu.

EDIT:  categories I've got more than 999 items include salvage (including things like converters and unslotters, brain storms, reward meritx25); powers (like Build Snow Beast or Experienced).  I do not think I have any enhancements or inspirations over 999, so it is *possible* that is a limit, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

I am going to guess and say it may likely be the same limit as global mails, which is 150. As for items themselves, no clue but I'm fairly certain those items stack instead of a seperate email for each item that drops, like Winter Ward will show multiple available in one email. The limit may be what can stack, so possibly up to 999 or 9999?

The limit for global email is 100, not 150. I wish it were 150. 

19 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I don't know the actual limit of any particular set of items, or even if it is consistent across all items in the list.  But what I can tell you is that the limit is definitely not 999 items, since I have many categories where I've got over a thousand.  I'll try to keep an eye on if things are limited at 9,999 -- as of now I've got 8,909 converters in the C.I. menu.

I can only assume that your experience in trying to claim them is as slow as it is for me. You click to fast, you get "please wait a moment". The amount of time to claim these items when they reach numbers higher than 5-10 is lengthy from my impatient perspective. 
I wish there were a way to "claim all", but if you try that on Rebirth, you literally get everything, and I'm not sure I need to carry 2,546 Build Snow Beasts on one character.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I wish there were a way to "claim all", but if you try that on Rebirth, you literally get everything, and I'm not sure I need to carry 2,546 Build Snow Beasts on one character.  

I actually have a character based on Build Snow Beast.  You can only have 10 at a time on a character =(

Who run Bartertown?

Ah, Snow Beast...I think my "Frost Dragon" Ice/Rad Controller was probably the only one on Live to have that set as his title.

Gladiator badges couldn't be clicked to make a title, but /settitle 215 worked.  And I remember how expensive it was to get the Dragon Wings recipe.  That set me back a while...

3 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Wiki is wrong then.

Yes, they are wrong in this case. 

I didn't mention it because I didn't think it necessary - but email is where I stash a lot of my inf. It's why I create additional accounts, instead of creating additional dummy characters to hold it. If character X holds it, then character Y can't get it without me logging in Character X and sending it. But if it's in email, any character on that account can grab it. 
Ultimately, each character does carry 1B eventually, once they earn it. 

But I'm in the habit of stacking 1B in each email and in the subject line it will say 1B. The next email underneath it will say 2B, and so on. This way, I can see a running total without scrolling up and trying to count each one. 

An interesting thing happens when you try to exceed 100 emails. Well, I should say nothing interesting. But if my alt account tries to email  an account that's at 100 emails, there's no system message explaining why or anything. Just nothing happens. The email vanishes. The sender likely assumes the message has been sent, but in this case, no message was received and the expected recipient has no idea they didn't get a message. (though if they have a full box like me, and were expecting one, they would likely free up some room)

8 hours ago, Ukase said:

and I'm not sure I need to carry 2,546 Build Snow Beasts on one character.  

... amusingly, someone ... low to mid level asked for assistance in a mission - I think it was fighting the first Skull founder (blanking on his name, the fight in the warehouse, guy with the club...)

I showed up, regular character. Other guy also showed up to help. They spammed out - well, a *lot* of Snow Beasts. It was both amazing and amusing how many.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

11 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

I painstakingly counted each and every e-mail when I got a "full email" error and the number was 100.

Thanks for saving me the trouble! I recently hit the limit after running a character through a level 40 Ouroborous arc at x8, and tried to dump hella-many level 45 recipes in email for a different character to use for crafting badges.

On 6/23/2024 at 8:13 AM, Monty Haull said:

Is there a limit to the number of items that can be stored in the character item tab of email?

On 6/23/2024 at 12:48 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

I am going to guess and say it may likely be the same limit as global mails, which is 150.

The number of types of times that you can hold is limited to the number of types of items that are allowed to be stored there.

I have well more than 1 of everything that can be added to "Character Items" in the email system.

On 6/23/2024 at 12:48 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

The limit may be what can stack, so possibly up to 999 or 9999?

I'm going to say the 9999 is more likely.

After just doing some minor checking, I have over 6500 of one "Character Item" stored.

On 6/23/2024 at 2:27 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'll try to keep an eye on if things are limited at 9,999 -- as of now I've got 8,909 converters in the C.I. menu.

Nice

15 hours ago, tidge said:

tried to dump hella-many level 45 recipes in email for a different character to use for crafting badges.

There is a different email storage limit for enhances and at least some salvage types than there is for "normal" emails. I have run into this situation more than once (but mainly of late while moving Monstrous Aether Salvage around by email)

I'm not sure about recipes as I've never tried to transport a huge number of those.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

About the 999 vs 9999 number, at least in "personal" (individual character) storage... There are different limits on how many items can be held in on an individual character for different sorts of things. The only ones that I have personally bumped up against: 9999 Merits and 999 Monstrous Aethers. (Prismatic) Aethers must not have the 999 limit, considering the recipe that requires over 1000.

I'm guessing there are other players who have hit limits on Vanguard Merits and Incarnate Threads.

8 minutes ago, tidge said:

I'm guessing there are other players who have hit limits on Vanguard Merits and Incarnate Threads.

Am I the only one so desperately greedy that I check the quantity of these on all my characters to ensure I don't ever reach the limit? 

I just can't even wrap my head around the minds of a person who doesn't monitor these things routinely. I can grasp the concept of being busy, distracted and am smart enough to understand that it's just not that important to some people. I mean intellectually, I know it. But it is just so far from where my mind is, I think we must be two different species. 
How can anyone let their thread count get over 8k? 
Do we all not know Super Insps that cost only 10 threads will sell for over 1M ? And Team Reds can sometimes sell for more than 3M? Or even 5M? 

10 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Am I the only one so desperately greedy that I check the quantity of these on all my characters to ensure I don't ever reach the limit?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hit the limit on Reward Merits intentionally (to verify the limit still exists) before I started doing conversions. I hit the Monstrous Aether limit "by accident", because I hadn't thought it would be on 999. I generally try to keep the 'stockpile' of those at 90% of the limit, because I'll usually remember to convert before I hit the limit. I typically spend the things like Vanguard and Threads so AFAIK I haven't come close to whatever their limits might be.

I'm not trying to (humble)brag about the limits on Reward Merits: it really is quite easy to accumulate them; no special build is required. The primary reason I've accumulated so many is because I don't have a particularly large number of alts. When I want to try a new concept, I almost always convert at least 1000 Reward Merits into ATO (occasionally more if I plan to use Winters), and then as the alt approaches 50 I look to see what, if any, Purple pieces I need that haven't already been accumulated. This isn't the most cost effective (in an arbitrage sense)  way to use Merits, but it works fine for me.