Farewell, Everlasting!

Veracor

Hey everyone, Veracor here.

For five years now I have run a daily schedule of public content as regularly as I could, pretty much only losing days to power outages and health emergencies.  Though I am thankfully not the only one anymore, today is my fifth year mark for running content and I have decided to finally hang up the oversized axe/sword and retire.  This decision has been in the making since the start of this year.  During my tenure I have led a total of 3,664 successful Hamidon kills, led 2,298 badge runs of incarnate trials, led 954 successful "Master of" task forces, and led an astounding 2 MSRs.  I was not expecting the numbers to get this high when I started this journey so long ago!  Especially the MSRs!

Anyways, it is time for me to step down and let others take the spotlight.  Due to having perpetually disagreed with the direction of Homecoming's development for several years now, I am choosing to no longer stress myself over it and will be moving onto other games after today.  I know I wasn't a perfect leader or even a perfect player, but I do hope that I have left a certain positive impression on the community over the years: the value of consistency.  I would like to thank all who showed up to my content and contributed in its success; without many of you, the itrial and raid scene in Everlasting would have really struggled!  In particular, I would like to give special thanks to everyone that ever did targetting at my Hami raids, because I know the job is really damn boring:

Alimorel, Amperella, Apron Strings, ARandomWizard, ArcticRazor, Aushen, Austin Smith, Baney, Battlecruiser, Bellerophon, BERNZO-MATIC, BlackHearted, Blaspherion, Blue Archaura, Bruin, Burk, Cal-of Thrain, Chili Bear, CU Krow, Dandys, Dazl, Divi, Dr. Altair, Elmyder, Ephah, Ethan, Fermi, Fiery Inviso, Fomsie, Garghuul, Heat-Transfer, Helen A Handbasket, IcebellaCoH, InnerWill, Iron Joe, Jazual, Kallisti Gold, Katja Wolfheart, Keen Stronhold, Khrystina, Kid Mojo, Kistulot, KomradeKommunism, Krogoth, Kya Sapphire, Laceratrix, Lady Warsprite, Lazuli, Lemming, Lionors, LGN, Major Britain, Maligne, Marazel, MetalSiryn, Metaphorical Wolf, Mr. Bear, MsAligned, Mulli, Neutron Decay (RIP), Omnimancer, Paish, Paraflex, Phenomriel, Poison Shadow, Pop Tart, Prestidigitator, Q1, Ravlin, ROBOKiTTY, Ruaidhri, Sakkaku, sbloyd, Shadeknight, SSR, Star-Siege, SubtletyMars, Sue, Sundew, Tanklet, ThornRune, Vagabond Prime, White Nightingale, Wylde Fyre, zenblack, Zoey Walkers.

Everlasting has been the best game community that I've ever had the joy of leading content in.  Sorry if I forgot anyone, 3,664 Hamidon raids is a lot to keep track of!  I couldn't have done it without you all!  (Actually I probably could have by telling everyone to go clockwise, but it wouldn't have been pretty lol)

---

Stats:

A lot of people have asked me about what kind of stats I've accrued on a character that I've played almost exclusively since Homecoming's launch, and that I've always led content on.  Well, here they are.

The Damage Taken and Damage Received stats shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone as they're 32-bit signed integers.  The Villains Defeated stat is high since I rarely ever touched AE.  The market stats are kind of just whatever since I stopped caring about influence a long time ago:

stats.jpg.ce9b85c59f725c96aee50f4f0f0f64b8.jpg

stats2.jpg.00c8d9df6de894b286de39bb131be9d5.jpg

My "Incarnate" salvage tab looks like this.  Whenever my shards and threads maxed out I would spam them into commons and uncommons to keep them going.  I also never really bothered with the WSTs:

SalvageInc.jpg.4f0f4060eeec00edf31eb30a9557e3b2.jpg

My "Special" salvage tab is almost full, but not quite.  Obviously I did not care for the Giant Monster update.  The amount of influence contained in this screenshot is left as an exercise for the reader:

SalvageSpec.jpg.eca767a2e30d6824920197c626a544e2.jpg

The "Event" salvage tab isn't anything particularly impressive, but here it is anyways:

SalvageEvent.jpg.1b6c481a11a73d7b35b2e771cdd4261f.jpg

The login message I see every day:

login.jpg.d8cccd3f3ff04832fb653fe9a1632dfe.jpg

No comment on this one:

played.jpg.b62be3e348dffe88d539bb3e7d22f308.jpg

---

Random other stats that come to mind:

• Over the last five years I have received tells from approximately 3340 unique accounts.

• Over the last five years I handled ~280 cases of multiboxing/leeching, ~130 cases of harassment, ~40 cases of itrial griefing, and have received a total of 9 death threats.  These numbers are fairly low compared to most games, and most came from the earlier years of Homecoming.

• In my Hamidon raids, I asked for volunteers for melee targetting a total of 15 times, for ranged targetting a total of 77 times, and control targetting a total of 80 times.  Melee really is the ol' reliable!

• In Hamidon raids exclusively, I kept track of how many unique typos on "Veracor" that appeared in league chat.  I apparently have 26 alternate identities!  Vergcor the Dinosour is my favorite.

• The highest number of veteran levels I ever achieved in one 24-hour period was 102.  I never attempted to push this number further, mostly because I had run out of Brood Wars tournament vods to watch.

• I may or may not post my Raid Leader Antics stories at some point, as there were approximately 130 entries and I wasn't screenshotting them as I went through them.  It was a nightmare to get those things squished and formatted into the game's biography field, so it's possible I might just post them later as raw text in a googledoc somewhere.

---

So that's it, I guess.  I may still occasionally log on to join a task force or an itrial as a non-leader, but unless there's a drastic change in Homecoming's development I'll likely become a rare sight in this game.  I am not tied to MMOs nor to superheroes in general, so you could run into me anywhere!

(Obligatory cringey Warhammer 40k copypasta since it'll probably be a while before the next person reaches this number):

40k.jpg.28332003287f1fcdbc2ef006e3dc49bb.jpg

If you have any questions, you should be able to find me on the Everlasting TFs discord as a retired content leader.  SSR will also be retiring from leading content this week for similar reasons but I'll let him make his own post.  The Everlasting TFs schedule will continue with substitute leaders for the time being.

Thanks for coming, everyone!  I might not see you all later this time, but I will remember you!

-Veracor

• Like 7
  • Thanks 22
  • Sad 14
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.  Retired raid leader.

I will miss you, V. I have learnt much from you and have really enjoyed your leadership. I completely understand your decision, though. Five years of commitment to leadership is a long haul. Well done, sir. May whatever comes next treat you well.

• Banjo 1

Was nice to see my name in the list of targeters.

Honestly? It was fun. it made me feel valuable and appreciated. You opening the 5pm raids was really cool, and gave me a bit of stability during a very stressful time in my life. Stuff hasn't calmed down, but people still get way more excited to see Ms. Maxima now than they did before my time in the Hive.

Thank you for all of the badges.

I hope wherever you end up, you enjoy yourself.

• Banjo 1

I mentioned this during the 5p Hami Raid but I want to say it here. 

Thank you for being the example for us. All of us Hamiraiders are your legacy. Enjoy your next gaming destination, that game will be so lucky to have you. 

/e salute

Major Britain/Dommi Mommi

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

You have been for a long time a real boon to the entire Everlasting server. Whenever I would join Hamis or iTrials, your wisdom, experience, and humor were always noticed and appreciated.

You will be missed.

• Banjo 1

I appreciate the runs, V. I still vaguely remember those early runs back in 2019-2020 when everything was still fresh, how excited I was to get in on those MO runs and get the badge. 

The great thing now is there are so many good games to enjoy that probably have been building in your backlog(I know they have for mine thats for sure!)

• Banjo 1

Thanks for the honor and privilege of being a part of the raids and trials. Also thanks for the kind global name drop. You were a beacon and a wealth of information on the game, and I thank you for taking the time to answer. Thank you for the selfless aid in uncovering evidence on Symphony Control/Reverbrant weirdness causing Hami to get defeated super-quick (I still need to figure out which character to load Bug Hunter into).

Your dedication & kindness is appreciated and will never be forgotten.

/e salute

@Amperella (Twilight Avengers SG)

• Banjo 1

Hey, I wish you all happiness in life and whatever you move on to.  Thank you for your dedication and all of the enjoyable hours away from RL.  Will miss seeing you on Hami raids, but look forward to teaming on the occasional TF.

I only returned to the game this past January, but you have been an exemplary raid leader and member of the community since I have arrived. Thanks for everything and best wishes (@Sterling Knight-Brapp Zannigan)

• Banjo 1

Thanks for everything, V!  I tell people my biggest achievement in this game is when Sue and I were able to convince you to be our guest in Chaos United's private event, Evening with a Mystery Celebrity!  Top 3 things I will remember about you outside of your awesome game leadership:

1.  During the CU event, when the clue was you have less than 10 alts, then Austin jokingly guessed, "That's Veracor!" The audience replied with comments like "You really think Veracor would do this event?  No way!" were hilarious.  We sure got them good!

2.  Your awesome timing of your 1-liner jokes.  Always gets us cracking.

3.  Your in-game guilty pleasure....  Don't worry.  I won't tell.

Good luck, V!   Don't be a stranger. 

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

Some people play this game a lot.  Other people play this game A LOT.  That is one impressive collection of screen shots, my friend.  Actually, impressive is entirely inadequate.  MIND-BOGGLING, is more like it.

Sorry to see you go.  Here's wishing you great fun and contentment at whichever game you will (I have no doubt) dominate next.  👍

• Banjo 1

I know I have you in my friend list, Veracor.  It will never be deleted, but if I DO happen to see you log in and I'm online....you'll be hugged as soon as I see you.

You will be missed, and I can't thank you enough for running Old school LRSF after I asked you.  I never would've gotten it on my own.

You were the one that gave me all my 'master of' badges on my badge hunter.

My contribution to help was only a speck of the contribution you gave to Everlasting, but I was glad to help, even in a small way.

You'll always been known as 'The Great Dragon' to me.

Hope you have fun, Veracor....wherever your path takes you.

Wind to your wings, Veracor, The Great Dragon.

Edited by MetalSiryn
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1