New Warriors Costumes Looks Like a Zombie Invasion

Anyone else fly past a group of the New Warriors and think it's a Zombie Invasion?

They tried to push the new Warriors Costume Changes back on the Secret Server and it was heavily argued against then.

It is still a bad idea today. Then changes make them look like Zombies from a distance or a quick flyby.

• Moose 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

13 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

Anyone else fly past a group of the New Warriors and think it's a Zombie Invasion?

They tried to push the new Warriors Costume Changes back on the Secret Server and it was heavily argued against then.

It is still a bad idea today. Then changes make them look like Zombies from a distance or a quick flyby.

Nope

Honestly, I was worried from the "preview" images they posted like a couple years back (which were, frankly, awful), but I feel like the Warriors update isn't all that bad.  Better than what they did with Crey or the Council (and probably better than the CoT one, though that one's by a less comfortable margin, as it were).

• Like 1
  • Moose 1

On 8/10/2024 at 1:53 PM, Indystruck said:

No. Why would I think that?

Same color costumes.

• Moose 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

58 minutes ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

I don’t remember any appearance updates to Crey and Council. Are you talking about back on live?

No, I'm talking about here, although it was perhaps, less direct, and thus, not something people would note as much?  Like, for example, none of the Crey enemy models, AFAIK, changed, but the faction's look changed considerably because of how they were rebalanced.  By bringing all types of mobs up to level 50, they went from this sort of elite-looking army of guys in sleek, teched-out anime hardsuits with a couple of elite superhero clones as heavies, to this weird sort of hodgepodge of styles that makes it look more like they just scraped together their teams of whatever leftovers they could find.  So while individual enemies don't look any worse, Crey look terrible now as a group, by comparison to before.

Council was sort of similar.  Less decisively, but little things done to update them for balance, resulted in the group looking overall more like their mobs are just sort of trying to dredge up something from a bunch of rejects of other villain factions, or the like.  Granted, they're supposed to be the "Council" and thus have always had a little bit of the disorganized feeling, compared to Crey (something, to be frank, several villain groups that you wouldn't expect it with, suffer a bit from), so the "fall" was shorter, more of a stumble than an outright fall, but still, one would've rather seen them move in the other direction.

The Warriors were a bunch of himbo-gymbros before, and they're a bunch of himbo-gymbros now.  When I see a group of them in their new look, it doesn't really make me think anything's different beyond they have some new weapons.  Very on-theme, essentially.

• Moose 1

Ah, I’m sort of in the opposite campni admit as someone who wanted the CoT at level 50 to have all elemental thorncasters and archmage bosses (and demon types) myself because I felt it was sort of bizarre how perfectly good threats like Earth Thorn casters and Ruin Mages just vanished from the roster and made the CoT less of a threat.

I might agree Crey does look a bit odd if it has basic security running around but I don’t feel like it’s out of place to have MIB agents still fighting alongside the power armor dudes given the agents are also augmented. And the scientists are kind of there to remind you they are still technically a scientific research company.

• Moose 1

Warriors are a street gang, found only in the main city part of Talos.   They look STUPID with huge battle axes, swords, and staffs strapped to their backs in a city setting.  Lore dates them following some ancient Rome stuff, but seeing them with their weapons on display is pure nonsense.  Law enforcement, and Longbow, would be all over them before they walked down the street.
Warriors are a tough gang to be up against when arriving on Talos Island.  They hit hard on your lower to mid-level toons.  They were great as the original developers created them.  They should have been left alone.
Why fix something that isn't broken? 
Current devs should have created their own new gang, leaving the original non-broken gang alone.  They didn't improve the Warriors at all.
Again, the Warriors look STUPID with battle axes, swords, and staffs strapped to their backs in a city setting.  So very STUPID.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2
  • Moose 1

17 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

Ah, I’m sort of in the opposite campni admit as someone who wanted the CoT at level 50 to have all elemental thorncasters and archmage bosses (and demon types) myself because I felt it was sort of bizarre how perfectly good threats like Earth Thorn casters and Ruin Mages just vanished from the roster and made the CoT less of a threat.

No, I think we're pretty much in the same camp, based on this.  That's what I wanted, too, and I'm happy that the CoT revamp got them closer to that.

What I disliked was more along the lines of bringing back the Oranbegan ghosts without host bodies, and proliferating more demons through the ranks.  I would've liked even more Mages than what we got, a feeling like we're actually up against the ancient Oranbegans themselves, and not just their tools.

6 minutes ago, seaborndan said:

Again, the Warriors look STUPID with battle axes, swords, and staffs strapped to their backs in a city setting.  So very STUPID.

I mean, presumably, the Warriors always had those things strapped to their backs, they were just invisible outside of combat.  They're just pulling them from a visible spot instead of an invisible one now.  Or are you suggesting that a random street gang all had magic powers that let them pull their weapons out of hammerspace before?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

50 minutes ago, seaborndan said:

Warriors are a street gang, found only in the main city part of Talos.   They look STUPID with huge battle axes, swords, and staffs strapped to their backs in a city setting.  Lore dates them following some ancient Rome stuff, but seeing them with their weapons on display is pure nonsense.  Law enforcement, and Longbow, would be all over them before they walked down the street.
Warriors are a tough gang to be up against when arriving on Talos Island.  They hit hard on your lower to mid-level toons.  They were great as the original developers created them.  They should have been left alone.
Why fix something that isn't broken? 
Current devs should have created their own new gang, leaving the original non-broken gang alone.  They didn't improve the Warriors at all.

The Warriors are a street gang running around Paragon City with weapons just like the Hellions, the Skulls, the Tsoo, the Family, and other gangs. They've always had those weapons at hand. Even before the update that gave them sheathed/holstered weapons, you could walk around any zone that had the Warriors and see them out in the open wielding their weapons. So I don't get your hate that the weapons they were already using and that you could already find them holding/using openly even before they aggro'ed on anything should be visible when they haven't aggro'ed on anything. It's just that now, with their sheathed/holstered weapons, these normal humans not practiced in any form of magic are pulling their carried weapons from someplace they can be seen instead of being stuck due to game limitations of drawing their weapons from thin air.

As for the PPD and Longbow being all over them for having weapons out? First, why weren't they all over them when the Warriors were sparring with each other, shaking down innocent civilians, or openly fighting the Tsoo? Second, the PPD and Longbow will fight the Warriors should they encounter them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

In regards to arresting Warriors on sight, I point you to Peregrine Island, where Nemesis, Carnival, and CoT openly hang out DIRECTLY OUTSIDE THE POLICE STATION in broad daylight, and next door in the parking lot of Portal Corp, one of the most secure facilities on the planet (supposedly), all without attracting the attention of the authorities.

If the police in this game were actually able to do their jobs, they wouldn't need Heroes. But they do, so they can't, which is how/why Warriors are able to wander around doing as they please.

• Moose 1

10 minutes ago, Rudra said:

As for the PPD and Longbow being all over them for having weapons out? First, why weren't they all over them when the Warriors were sparring with each other, shaking down innocent civilians, or openly fighting the Tsoo? Second, the PPD and Longbow will fight the Warriors should they encounter them.

Honestly (and as much as I hate to bring politics into things,) given a number of areas very publicly being sure to allow "open carry" IRL... the police very well may *not* have reason to be "all over them" for having weapons in the open. And in the game world it may be even less of an issue given they're in an environment with people who, themselves, are in essence living weapons. I mean, c'mon, even the civilians can casually push aside the toughest meta and keep a purse from being stolen despite it being tugged on for *days.* 😉

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Moose 1

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

1 hour ago, seaborndan said:

Law enforcement, and Longbow, would be all over them before they walked down the street.

Actually no.

In America, outside of New York, you're allowed to walk around with melee weapons on your back. When I lived in Seattle there was a homeless guy who walked around with a Katana openly and while people did call and complain the police could do nothing about it.

Bottom line: If you're not American you probably shouldn't talk about what American police can and can't and will or won't do.

• Thanks 1
  • Moose 1
  • Microphone 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.