Enemy Damage

What bothers me the most about this isn't even the disingenuous claims, the gaslighting surrounding them, or the outright fabrication of datapoints that Ultimo employs in order to avoid the truth that he just builds and plays poorly. No, what bothers me the most is that he wants the game to change in a way that doesn't even change the outcome of his stubbornness. That is to say, he still wants to lose.

I just can't wrap my head around wanting the game to deal less damage across the board, but still desire losing anyway. When people tell you to embrace your concept builds, this isn't what they meant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

42 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

What bothers me the most about this isn't even the disingenuous claims, the gaslighting surrounding them, or the outright fabrication of datapoints that Ultimo employs in order to avoid the truth that he just builds and plays poorly. No, what bothers me the most is that he wants the game to change in a way that doesn't even change the outcome of his stubbornness. That is to say, he still wants to lose.

I just can't wrap my head around wanting the game to deal less damage across the board, but still desire losing anyway. When people tell you to embrace your concept builds, this isn't what they meant.

sometimes its not worth it to give people advice.  but damned its fun to laugh at them with meatheads in between heavy sets...

Pin page

14 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

He can handle losing.  Not being right is what he won't abide.

He won't change his builds, because doing so would be accepting that he wasn't right.

He won't change his slotting, because doing so would be accepting that he wasn't right.

He won't change his play style, because doing so would be accepting that he wasn't right.

He can't be wrong, so the game must be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 8/31/2024 at 7:47 PM, Snarky said:

A Defender using SOs?   Infinite, obvs.

And there's a clear distinction between being able to stand toe to to with an AV and actually being able to do anything significant to the AV in return.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/1/2024 at 1:15 PM, Luminara said:

He can handle losing.  Not being right is what he won't abide.

He won't change his builds, because doing so would be accepting that he wasn't right.

He won't change his slotting, because doing so would be accepting that he wasn't right.

He won't change his play style, because doing so would be accepting that he wasn't right.

He can't be wrong, so the game must be.

I feel like if you showed Ultimo a competently built Rad/Fire Defender or Bots/Traps MM, he'd explode.

1 hour ago, Videra said:

I feel like if you showed Ultimo a competently built Rad/Fire Defender or Bots/Traps MM, he'd explode.

Hell, I can borderline soft cap a Time Def via positions. I need to go back and see if I can. Note, I'm not talking with using PBU. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

Maybe I just play too much...but nothing you need in-game is too expensive, it is play-money, and you don't even need it except to buy the "expensive" things that never degrade in any way. The things that I might consider expensive are the items that are locked into a toon or the things that aren't needed. But even then it's play-money, and since I can't blow my real dough (cause adulting be spensive) I blow the crap outta in-game cash. I make it rain! No not really cause usually I've already bought a crap ton of enhancements for my next alt.

Ultimo.... dude not sure what to think, but life is better with set bonuses, or even procs, if you're into that sort of thing. PI mish teams, being a hitter (not a sitter) in an AE farm, just running 50 level content on a 50...earning inf is super easy and fun to do. I played the AH when I first started after some rich dude named Yomo spotted me 100mil and that got my first billion, but after that I just play the toon post 50 until I've recouped what I spent on him and then rinse and repeat.

I felt bad, everyone dogpiling you cause you suck, but bruh is broke y'all. Stop pinching that inf and hit that AH like it talked about'cha momma.

But dude, seriously, nothing hits too hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Microphone 1

1 hour ago, WuTang said:

Maybe I just play too much...but nothing you need in-game is too expensive, it is play-money, and you don't even need it except to buy the "expensive" things that never degrade in any way. The things that I might consider expensive are the items that are locked into a toon or the things that aren't needed. But even then it's play-money, and since I can't blow my real dough (cause adulting be spensive) I blow the crap outta in-game cash. I make it rain! No not really cause usually I've already bought a crap ton of enhancements for my next alt.

Ultimo.... dude not sure what to think, but life is better with set bonuses, or even procs, if you're into that sort of thing. PI mish teams, being a hitter (not a sitter) in an AE farm, just running 50 level content on a 50...earning inf is super easy and fun to do. I played the AH when I first started after some rich dude named Yomo spotted me 100mil and that got my first billion, but after that I just play the toon post 50 until I've recouped what I spent on him and then rinse and repeat.

I felt bad, everyone dogpiling you cause you suck, but bruh is broke y'all. Stop pinching that inf and hit that AH like it talked about'cha momma.

But dude, seriously, nothing hits too hard.

Probably not broke actually, if they’re not making IO’ed builds or lots of alts(idk about the latter, they might be).

But to claim AVs are broken in damage is uhm…wrong. Not exactly disingenous because it wasn’t intentional I think? But definitely wrong. I solo’d AVs on my fenders, especially my Poison/Fire and he has absolutely no defense. 

If CoH players are telling you “git gud” you have well and truly messed up somewhere and honestly need to reevaluate how you play.

• Thanks 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|