Auction House - Enhancement Booster has reached an impasse

Diantane

1 hour ago, Andreah said:

Part of the pressure for deflation, is, imo, the increasing breadth of player knowledge about how to use game's features to get what they need.

It’s almost like someone posted all the information they needed.  A “guide”, if you will.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Haha 5

Who run Bartertown?

On 8/26/2024 at 1:39 AM, Glacier Peak said:

giphy.gif

The Auction House is linked across all shards. Saying something exists on Excelsior is the same as saying it exists on all shards as it relates to the Auction House.

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

d7d.jpeg

Best post ever, Glacier! 

• Haha 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

I did my own experiment overnight; all the boosters I listed under 900k sold overnight, for about 900 or 950K. 

This isn't right or wrong, it's just where supply and demand have the current price at.  Go forth, make profits.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2024 at 5:25 PM, Diantane said:

For years Enhancement Boosters were selling for about a million each. There were much more buyers than sellers keeping the price high. Today on Excel, there are about 19,000 for sale and only about 10,000 buyers. This had driven the price down to about 830,000. The reason so many are for sale is because sellers (like me with over 400 (and climbing) in inventory) are holding out for the price to come back up. There are only a few scared sellers that have sold for that low price. With over a billion in "savings" I'll never be "scared" and will hold out as long as it takes as I am still making a nice income from other wares. As soon as the buyers start realizing that the present low price is a fairy tale, the sooner this all changes again.

I'm not gonna sugarcoat this, @Diantane.  You're the only one who cares about this.  Go with God.  🤷‍♂️ 

7 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I will only take one MILLION each or I will take nothing!

I'll give you nothing for all of them.  When should I expect delivery?

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 8/28/2024 at 12:18 PM, Ukase said:

On the one hand, merits drop from playing (or from packs). So, you exchange them for boosters, sell, then profit. 
But the profit from the sale of boosters vs converters, used wisely - I dunno if I call that a win. It is a win, in a fashion. You didn't spend time crafting and converting.

That's the key factor.  Some people are willing to spend exactly zero time crafting/converting.  And then, some people are Yomo.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.