Safeguard. mayhem badges

Snarky

So. I see they finally made a way to get the safeguard mayhem badges if you missed them leveling.  Lololol O.K.  no not okay not really no

You gotta be a PvP futa catgurl to be allowed to get the badges?  Seriously

I can see them never allowing it.  Neglect was what we became accustomed to from NCsoft. We always asked. And they always pretended to be deaf. 

But to make the badges available to Pvapers and nobody else?  I am guessing whoever flipped that switch sits on the PvP maps with a special toon and a ton of “I pwnz uz” quotes already keybound

It is specifically non-player heroes/villains.  Basically any of the random heroes/villains who you would encounter during a Safeguard or Mayhem, also they will show up in Tip missions.  You only need 25, which could be a pain if you're just starting to pursue this at level 50 but it's something you'll probably get incidentally if you're playing content all the way through.

I'm honestly not sure how you didn't know about this badge, it's something that existed for years on Live, I got it on pretty much every character I ever played without even trying, it's not something you usually have to go out of your way to accomplish.  All they did here is tie it into a new method of backtracking to older missions.

Not gonna lie, man, this is one hell of an overreaction to one of the most mundane badges in the game.

Still looking for that wiki page. 

Are you saying that on live you could get older bank missions with these badges?  I did not know that

All it an over reaction. But I hate pvp. Actually I loathe pvp. No. I do not like it enough for those words

And we still have to hit pvp maps if we want their location badges.  And be subjected to morons

They're saying that the badge you need is Hero Slayer, which is and has always been awarded for defeating NPC heroes like Doc Quantum or the Freedom Phalanx members, not for PvP kills. This badge unlocks the contact who gives mayhem missions.

I don't believe this contact was ever available on live, but the Hero Slayer badge is the same as ever.

To my knowledge, there's still no way to get safeguard badges that you missed without a lowbie's help.

The equivalent contact for Heroes is unlocked via Villain Disruptor.  He's in Steel Canyon, IIRC, in the parking lot in which the police van sits that is the mission door to Safeguards in Steel Canyon.  I've seen him but haven't yet gotten the badge.

The badges needed are the ones linked in my second post.  The contacts those badges unlock, I wouldn't expect to be in ParagonWiki, as they are a SCORE/Homecoming thing and the folks at ParagonWiki are keeping that as the game was back in the day.

I have not found the paragon wiki page again. Not saying it is accurate but I just saw it a day ago and it said a pvp rating was required to unlock the contact.

Sounds like you're confusing the Disruptor badge, which is for PvP, with the Villain Disruptor badge, which is the one that unlocks the Safeguard contact.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later

There's an awesome tip for this in the Badge forum from Hopeling about using the first mission of the Khan TF as it spawns four villains on the first map. Just solo them, rinse and repeat. I got the badge in about 25 minutes this way, as long as you're careful with it, it's very doable. It's on the second page of the thread.

• Thanks 1

Another method for getting your NPC Heroes and NPC Villains (and the method I used) is get a low level character their first Mayhem/Safeguard at level 5, and then leave it alone while you do a DFB or level up that character some other way.  Get them to about level 12 or so, then have your main rince-repeat jumping in to the mission and bopping the one named NPC while leaving the rest of their ambush mob alone so that the mission doesn't complete.  Exit, change mission, repeat.

NOTE:  For Mayhem missions, you need to keep the timer above 15 minutes to reset the Mayhem, so be sure to smash a fire hydrant, mail box, bus shelter, and a couple of cars each time.  And hey!  That'll also help you toward your Vandal Badge.  Handy!

7 hours ago, Coin said:

There's an awesome tip for this in the Badge forum from Hopeling about using the first mission of the Khan TF as it spawns four villains on the first map. Just solo them, rinse and repeat. I got the badge in about 25 minutes this way, as long as you're careful with it, it's very doable. It's on the second page of the thread.

The only one of that lot from the Kahn TF that I find to be a problem is Misfortune, she seems to present as a MC/Psi, and the combination of Terrorize and Drain psyche is not good times.

Beyond that I love this method.