highest damaging corr?

Snarky

I have a Fire^3 Blaster built just for +damage initial "first strike" job.  Not a ton of procs, unless naturally in a set i wanted.  But +% damage in sets, Alpha +45% damage, Interface Reactive DoT etc etc     and, of course, i love it

I was wondering what is the "highest DPS" Corruptor?  Since Corr add so much to team possibilities let me be clear, this toon might be on teams, but will be built to solo.  So, buffing TEAM damage will be less important than leveraging SOLO play DPS.  

I suspect Fire Blast will be the primary, of courtse.  Burt I am open to being shocked.  But what Secondary?  I have some guesses, but that is all they are.  There are some great sets in Corr to increase damage, but it seems some are kind of "busy" and you will be "setting up the battlefield" more than actually...erm, killing things.  Which looks counterproductive....

Do you mean DPS when hitting one big tough foe like a pylon; or DPS when soloing a large mapful of foes?
(for the second I doubt secondaries other than /Kin are even on the same playing field...) 🧦

For ST I think Ston's work still mostly stands. For AoE I'm not sure Fire is hugely far in the lead, as Water and AR and Elec etc. all have their own merits. But it's certainly fun... 😀

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Maelwys said:

Do you mean DPS when hitting one big tough foe like a pylon; or DPS when soloing a large mapful of foes?
(for the second I doubt secondaries other than /Kin are even on the same playing field...) 🧦

For ST I think Ston's work still mostly stands. For AoE I'm not sure Fire is hugely far in the lead, as Water and AR and Elec etc. all have their own merits. But it's certainly fun... 😀

I want top tier 1 2 3rd place in being able to DPS big hard targets, but i am mostly referring to standard room clears.  (like I experience with Fire Blaster)  So, just standard murder hobo playstyle without sacrificing really good giant HP amoeba fighting ability.

19 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I want top tier 1 2 3rd place in being able to DPS big hard targets, but i am mostly referring to standard room clears.  (like I experience with Fire Blaster)  So, just standard murder hobo playstyle without sacrificing really good giant HP amoeba fighting ability.

So all-rounders. Gotcha.

Fire is up there obvs. 
Have you tried Assault Rifle since the i27p2 changes?
Ignite and Full Auto are actually pretty good DPA now.

I'm kinda partial to Elec too -  if you're leveraging Shock then it keeps your blue bar full and closes the ST damage gap a bit.

Or just be an Archer and throw out Nukes every <20s.

• Thanks 1

There are two routes you can take for increasing damage on a corruptor - buffing your damage or debuffing your foes' resistance.

• In terms of buffing damage, /Kin is the winner hands down. One application of Fulcrum Shift hitting 10 targets gives you +240% damage. Added to base damage (100%) and enhancements (95%), this puts you at 435% (vs. 500% damage cap). You should be able to scrape up another 65% in damage buffs to hit the cap. 
  • Debuffing resistance is trickier to quantify. Some sets are better at debuffing a single target, but aren't as good at AoE. Tops for ST is Poison, which provides -48.75% res. A close second at -45% is Trick Arrow and Sonic. You can get to -45% AoE with Cold when Heat Loss is up (6 min recharge), but it's -22.5% when it's down. Otherwise, tops for AoE are Trick Arrow and Storm at -30%. Trick Arrow and Storm also give you some additional damage tools with Oil Slick Arrow, Lightning Storm and Tornado.
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Maelwys said:

So all-rounders. Gotcha.

Fire is up there obvs. 
Have you tried Assault Rifle since the i27p2 changes?
Ignite and Full Auto are actually pretty good DPA now.

I'm kinda partial to Elec too -  if you're leveraging Shock then it keeps your blue bar full and closes the ST damage gap a bit.

Or just be an Archer and throw out Nukes every <20s.

Oh yes. I spent a couple months on AR after the change.  It was hard to put down the rifle i will say!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Uun said:

There are two routes you can take for increasing damage on a corruptor - buffing your damage or debuffing your foes' resistance.

• In terms of buffing damage, /Kin is the winner hands down. One application of Fulcrum Shift hitting 10 targets gives you +240% damage. Added to base damage (100%) and enhancements (95%), this puts you at 435% (vs. 500% damage cap). You should be able to scrape up another 65% in damage buffs to hit the cap. 
  • Debuffing resistance is trickier to quantify. Some sets are better at debuffing a single target, but aren't as good at AoE. Tops for ST is Poison, which provides -48.75% res. A close second at -45% is Trick Arrow and Sonic. You can get to -45% AoE with Cold when Heat Loss is up (6 min recharge), but it's -22.5% when it's down. Otherwise, tops for AoE are Trick Arrow and Storm at -30%. Trick Arrow and Storm also give you some additional damage tools with Oil Slick Arrow, Lightning Storm and Tornado.

I have not had much (any) experience  with kin. It will not shock anyone that my selfish butt is not going to stand around buffing teammates.  People screaming at me because i am not SB them and they cannot build to keep their blue bar up is a recipe for disaster roflmao.  But i like the sound of supercharged nuke with FS Inferno!   

I am a theme player as well. So Fire/Ice might be interesting.  I have a Cold/Ice and was happy with it.  Still built but have not run it in forever.  Damn DoT rains do not fit my OCD “now now now” mentality lol.  I am sure the name Firefrost is taken heh.  

57 minutes ago, Gobbledigook said:

/Kin is a wonderful thing, especially in a team. It will need a good build to survive.

I have a Fire/Time corruptor that is much tougher and does very good damage with the +damage, +recharge and debuffs /Time offers.

Zero dps if you are dead. Something to consider.

My Fire Blaster has relatively little defense, I think the top is 17%.  Surprisingly little problems surviving.

Explosion Meme GIFs | Tenor

• Thumbs Up 1

The Blaster can boost damage at range. The /kin will need to get their hands dirty. I don't think anything beats Fire/kin for sheer raw damage. Fire/time might be the second best for offense with having mitigation. I have a Time/rad Defender who can nearly softcap positional Def without Power Boost. Last time I played them I ran in front of everybody and nuked to my heart's content. If I use Power Boost, those Def numbers go into the 60s. Who needs DDR at that point?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

i think fire blast always wins outright for best mix of single target and aoe.  others are 'fine' like ice, AR, etc... but you know the deal here, im sure.  corruptors do not shake up things compared to blasters in any substantial way.

/kinetics, as others have mentioned, will likely just be the king for pure damage... it is certainly less survivable than others, but it can be built to be survivable enough for most content.

/time does not offer substantial damage but it does offer the most comprehensive list of buffs to just about everything else otherwise (importantly to SELF unlike many other sets) that allow you to play very aggressively forward without much consideration.  not a tanker here but can honestly feel more durable than scrappers.  incidentally, the massive global recharge and defenses allows you to enhance more aggressively as well.

/rad offers something in-between.  good mixture of massive debuffs and self sustain... but conditionally... which is (potentially) the frustration with it.  the anchors are very powerful but you have to play very methodically with it.

/nature deserves a shoutout here for being able to provide strong power gains to self and being survivable but ultimately feels more team oriented and less selfish.

the above top 3 feel astoundingly strong and self-sufficient, when fully kitted out.  a lot of other sets are certainly 'good' (like trick arrow or dark) but are definitely more team oriented... unfortunately a number of sets require too much investment into the powerset itself and dont allow you explore into power pools to supplement your defenses... and/or the major hallmark powers just dont effect yourself.

My suspicion is that a build like AR/Storm would work best for a pylon test. For tests like trapdoor where AE is most important, maybe Seismic/Kinetics for the high cyclic rate AE.

Some things to remember about Corruptors:

• Scourge primarily affects single target damage against difficult enemies (AV/GM). Powers like Blizzard that exploit Scourge on crowds are the exception rather than the norm.
  • Scourge doesn't affect "value add" abilities like Fire's additional damage or build-and-spend mechanics like Water Blast.
  • Corruptors rely on procs far more than Blasters, especially in AE since they almost always split the ATO.
  • Unlike Blasters, Corruptors can't replace low damage attacks with high damage attacks from secondary easily. Mostly, they can use -regen attacks from secondary as part of their rotation to cover weak spots.

In terms of overall performance, Ice Blast is probably the strongest Corruptor primary. The secondaries are more of a mixed bag. Kinetics will almost always give you the best solo AE performance while single target performance gets into a long discussion about the relative value of -resist and -regen.

Fire Blast doesn't have the same proc rates as Ice Blast, so if builds use damage procs, they will be better suited for damage output using Ice Blast. That's keeping in mind DPA as well.

9 hours ago, Hjarki said:

My suspicion is that a build like AR/Storm would work best for a pylon test. For tests like trapdoor where AE is most important, maybe Seismic/Kinetics for the high cyclic rate AE.

I went looking for data to support my point only to not see it, but my guess is Beam would outdo AR for ST damage. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

13 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Fire Blast doesn't have the same proc rates as Ice Blast, so if builds use damage procs, they will be better suited for damage output using Ice Blast. That's keeping in mind DPA as well.

Ice/Kin is a very odd ball, and for corruptors, it really gets the best of everything. You take Vigor Alpha and don't slot anything for endurance or accuracy, and you don't slot anything for damage because you have Fulcrum Shift on 15s recharge. This gives you tons of free slots to shove procs into everything. The release of Ice Mistral's Torment cold damage proc was a cool little buff for this build getting Frost Breath to 5 dmg procs and BFR to 6 procs without a purple and bolstering the zero damage animation time of siphon speed. You get a ton of CC with 4 holds (freeze ray, BFR, char, and greater fire sword with blistering cold) and it is nice to have 5 attacks to cycle without resorting to the basic ice blast in your attack chain. Not for the faint of heart, reliance on procs means less room for defensive set bonuses that fire blast would likely have, ironically. Access to rise of the phoenix helps offset risk. You don't really need any inspirations other than Lucks or Break Free without Clarion. Like any kinetics it can fall off without enough mob saturation, but because this build has 0% dmg slotting in many of the attacks it does require a higher fulcrum shift count to maintain damage cap. The best teammate to this build is a cold domination ally for the shields and resist debuffs. While I like this proc loaded build, you can really see that there is so much flexibility with where your slots can go in an Ice/Kin build.

Villain Corruptor
Build plan made with Mids' Reborn v3.7.5 rev. 21
──────────────────────────────

• Primary powerset: Ice Blast
  • Secondary powerset: Kinetics
  • Pool powerset (#1): Leaping
  • Pool powerset (#2): Leadership
  • Pool powerset (#3): Speed
  • Pool powerset (#4): Concealment
  • Ancillary powerset: Fire Mastery

Powers taken:

Level 1: Ice Blast

• A: Superior Scourging Blast: Accuracy/Damage
  • 46: Superior Scourging Blast: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 46: Superior Scourging Blast: RechargeTime/PBAoE +End

Level 1: Transfusion

• A: Preventive Medicine: Heal
  • 17: Preventive Medicine: Heal/Endurance
  • 17: Preventive Medicine: Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 19: Preventive Medicine: Heal/RechargeTime
  • 19: Preventive Medicine: Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • 21: Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb

Level 2: Frost Breath

• A: Impeded Swiftness: Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • 3: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • 3: Positron's Blast: Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • 5: Bombardment: Chance for Fire Damage
  • 5: Javelin Volley: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 7: Annihilation: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 4: Combat Jumping

• A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • 15: Shield Wall: +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • 21: Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage
  • 27: Kismet: Accuracy +6%
  • 34: Winter's Gift: Slow Resistance (20%)

Level 6: Maneuvers

• 7: Luck of the Gambler: Defense

Level 8: Freeze Ray

• A: Gladiator's Javelin: Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • 9: Neuronic Shutdown: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • 9: Gladiator's Net: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 13: Ghost Widow's Embrace: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • 15: Unbreakable Constraint: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • 40: Unbreakable Constraint: Hold

Level 10: Siphon Speed

• 11: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • 11: Invention: Recharge Reduction
  • 13: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 12: Ice Storm

• A: Superior Scourging Blast: Damage/RechargeTime
  • 33: Superior Scourging Blast: Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • 34: Superior Scourging Blast: Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 39: Invention: Slow

Level 14: Tactics

• A: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: To Hit Buff

Level 16: Increase Density

• A: Gladiator's Armor: TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 18: Bitter Ice Blast

• 29: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • 29: Gladiator's Javelin: Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • 31: Cloud Senses: Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • 31: Apocalypse: Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 20: Speed Boost

• A: Blessing of the Zephyr: Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • 34: Blessing of the Zephyr: Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 22: Bitter Freeze Ray

• 23: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • 23: Gladiator's Javelin: Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • 25: Neuronic Shutdown: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • 25: Ghost Widow's Embrace: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • 27: Gladiator's Net: Chance of Damage(Lethal)

Level 24: Hasten

• A: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 26: Blizzard

• A: Superior Malice of the Corruptor: Accuracy/Damage
  • 33: Superior Malice of the Corruptor: Damage/Recharge
  • 37: Superior Malice of the Corruptor: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • 37: Superior Malice of the Corruptor: Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 37: Superior Malice of the Corruptor: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 46: Superior Malice of the Corruptor: Recharge/Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 28: Transference

• A: Invention: Endurance Modification

Level 30: Fulcrum Shift

• A: Invention: Recharge Reduction
  • 31: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 32: Infiltration

• 33: Launch: Jumping / Increased Jump Height

Level 35: Char

• A: Superior Entomb: Recharge/Chance for +Absorb
  • 36: Ghost Widow's Embrace: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • 36: Neuronic Shutdown: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • 36: Gladiator's Net: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 40: Gladiator's Javelin: Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 38: Fire Shield

• A: Steadfast Protection: Resistance/+Def 3%
  • 39: Unbreakable Guard: +Max HP
  • 39: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance

Level 41: Rise of the Phoenix

• A: Armageddon: Damage
  • 42: Armageddon: Damage/Recharge
  • 42: Armageddon: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • 42: Armageddon: Recharge/Accuracy
  • 43: Armageddon: Chance for Fire Damage
  • 43: Overwhelming Force: Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown

Level 44: Greater Fire Sword

• A: Superior Blistering Cold: Recharge/Chance for Hold
  • 45: Touch of Death: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • 45: Gladiator's Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • 50: Hecatomb: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • 50: Mako's Bite: Chance of Damage(Lethal)

Level 47: Vengeance

Level 49: Stealth

Inherents:

Level 1: Scourge

Level 1: Brawl

• A: Hecatomb: Damage
  • 48: Hecatomb: Damage/Recharge
  • 48: Hecatomb: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • 48: Hecatomb: Recharge/Accuracy
  • 49: Hecatomb: Damage/Endurance

Level 1: Sprint

• A: Quickfoot: Endurance/RunSpeed

Level 2: Rest

• (Empty)

Level 1: Swift

• A: Invention: Run Speed

Level 1: Hurdle

• A: Invention: Jumping

Level 1: Health

• A: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance
  • 47: Miracle: +Recovery
  • 47: Numina's Convalesence: +Regeneration/+Recovery

Level 1: Stamina

• A: Performance Shifter: EndMod

Level 1: Increase Attack Speed

|MBD;25298;1693;2260;BASE64;|
|G9FiAKyKx/lXLKSkJLigx4yXS5GuPbNNtKITJv9JIO3gOL6tmNFLlq6+1mEB6eqMmcq|
|ju14C5FN6StamVhXlvi/rLFnliLFr2mgxWID3v/8bq93lRue9WfBWuTHErZn/NR3EE9|
|E1mVZatURt9web/88ncSHeNrYtPV4j8hiqdBt9N+0aNAZQkbgze4ZF8pcK8Xof27vBk|
|JH/thHIpS3Q/J4GxztvvUyAIdKiBmHRsQCfA98ofXHuve92YTBDat38OUDqntPcfzrR|
|I84ujxbcKUl6tuZbegv2Z1svWDUwMdws1sL8NxNOhnvonUoeB72gsvl768lkTbXluKq|
|DEMct8AXmhwJ42nWJoaRn6622dr2+4B08PQhYWtmdss2yx0PKEljbaVNs6dd4tqVUXi|
|DHS5s+28HIS9G6tuGSbZyHte2mPFCHMdNgwACNj9/t86Hi8mY1u/Gmt26F98Gmn27Wv|
|k256nu9eJRNBKxe1Csty9TuTDoPGhcFL4NEQwrmVb7V+LEZt196Mh3weWQ0MLI8mKzq|
|GAYN3FfdT9xid/hmkm2UqV7LMzDd0EL5SNf5HuZ8NoVJgzlpiresBZs6Q84X/g+psjc|
|GWRsZ/Kz9ZkeXxZaOlXL8Q5M0xUs37nE4Ppp6nRuDDpDCoX2HJPyECW2S57KMeMHky1|
|63oX2eFLe9TdHGmd86eQNZovYlsiTTC3Jo5xhAihDAAccOlALGPhM5E0ytZmzI8KzNO|
|QGuiXQJNWaEb6q1MT4e+bs8y5B5DI3JpNYi/HUdNCQrWJNuj1dm84Gf9r2Xp1S4ZTpC|
|RrbgGuSDrwfHWDCS/7FOfoOK0euq+NwJnq3NTKaoZo2R1SVn62ZdnOqbis6zBgH2Rtc|
|g2LKllixEetp/ghqvhyI2aGS34NpSU6CD2mHFjlJmr97gvjalkMSScsHTpC7JhaKQeD|
|U2aufXs5Ja+vVVIpsAv1BPM70Bi6DbwHBDAEM6N6EhrwS+8FzB55HuguB9QVMewuWRu|
|kXHIYvdcp2xfPzECTfppHmqtBxXnsHdTcx+NlGKgGBtaNOzvgb/ZPh7UqxHcIcGM/ux|
|+hs5C28mumXdF7J47x0O8uNhrQB2R8meblTJYg9OAhMvdqP4IcaZWPtU1XU9LipyEy/|
|8qo16dI7KY+37bvKj1yXrnEihPC04hYQUITgDKYdcK1l1QMaBzKlZrtwQx55GO7hdzq|
|O1tv73TD6ZwpakT+tDxH5fGJQSMLjxil5iXQdNpYWIwSlAuFmku84x1BuL5VEBdbOQK|
|gSZuhBeJLC6oDdz2jHmaZrx45WbpBZigvN2Uv0MUhE2ByT6M9v2zvq5E2vUedTZG3WH|
|p3pW3TjhwBoHHgBFpthd4Nr0f9jzM8gUy9yTHyM2WZa2xJgyzSn8iywT40uJm+iyStF|
|jzCqTjhGn/D/7nKqWjte+OmfBkLCho+AyuntC5euLY8Qw4Qbnvd9hsEqHRLdxgE0fCV|
|YhIgUIdqDjQOgwOPixYUj2K6/kAa2v77NhHUh4QfBaN+oeieK98miPs8inO8CxonCfO|
|AYU2Gslo6qE1A0pkwfAhIA43xxh0RKv1jrpzlL0PfJEkVEr2nMvTo4j4QJXJflWhJXv|
|vyVs7mKsznzHU13WkXvK8ZsLxsxRFpZ71iRrr03TBsihCC/kWiv8CBV4PDmLXHr0UkL|
|Kzn8dde6ZlcOzoBxg7XCMc/4pZ8Tmn+VbMt937TUdJh/tsggn5rzysnnF4htjuBVhnT|
|yTZEYBjBJIOSROXCVYPTppWWuTadloXlEOTEeZppCSID0zQf5G2JA3g85FUAmkjPt+R|
|ldpOIZdapF+Utqo5eNlTjYHAqgNDTBVyGvmaAxXrO7onMH1HsFPGfzqSZDCBrmR76YX|
|duMETsN79JjQ8AsCU/iFo4jx2iqw1oxlwseQ+b69JX769UAb+sNk7Ca/TlrGJlt66zW|
|C39XXl+W5yPIcrpZgNgFsEkg5JOp4CK6lPK36mhWohUhLN7hRIMbrqRu5JkxFpgp+2b|
|DlPtTmH2JaWsd6Ox395vvYPvvYbKD7iaFA5WPKCwer8Hp59edabNzBmcox7bkMCe665|
|UD0/g+YZ4lxEt3eWJGwTnz2/HRWMYW+PkFv99qkqU8iamCeUNY5jAvXX83mq165PYge|
|oMXBt7PjPleBqcke31eIyfTMB+VlvbvyQF7wMCqj3rV7k3rZW4cVtFg2f5v3DOR0Hbt|
|Gs+yNB4Js20UOz2GqgbDlue4vqnWLk3GxCrawAKJI/nBWAw==|

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently on fire.

On 10/10/2024 at 8:06 AM, Uun said:

Looking at what you explain, would Dark Blast / Trick Arrow be a decent paring then? DB with it's debuffs and modest ( appearing - I haven't played it ) heal.

35 minutes ago, Soulsifter said:

Looking at what you explain, would Dark Blast / Trick Arrow be a decent paring then? DB with it's debuffs and modest ( appearing - I haven't played it ) heal.

I would be tempted to roll it as a Defender, but one thing to note, Dark can't light Oil Slick. You need Fire or Energy damage to do it. Water is a bit better of a pairing since it also has a partial heal and some blasts with Fire damage in them. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

11 hours ago, Soulsifter said:

I've got a TA/Dark defender, it's a great pairing.  Your debuffs make the team very study and the self heal is just *chef's kiss*

10 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I would be tempted to roll it as a Defender, but one thing to note, Dark can't light Oil Slick. You need Fire or Energy damage to do it. Water is a bit better of a pairing since it also has a partial heal and some blasts with Fire damage in them. 

You can always use the magic or tech origin powers to light OSA, and since you can swap out origin powers at START, you can be whatever origin fits your theme and still have a power to light it.

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

On 10/14/2024 at 4:56 AM, Riverdusk said:

My first thoughts were fire/kin or fire/storm.  Was surprised at the small number of Storm responses.

storm has no self heal and the hurricane repel effect is extremely love it or hate it.  the hallmark of the set is to offer more damage as individual skills (not buffs or debuffs particularly... and yes i know freezing rain debuffs) via tornado and lightning storm.  scourge does not work on these buttons, unfortunately.  also, many of the corruptor primaries dont need supplemental damage buttons when fully built.

storm IS a good set but not in a selfish way that the OP wanted.  i feel like it is better for defenders anyways, mostly due to the (lack of) scourge interactions.