Quick Insp conversion macros

Shenanigunner

This probably duplicates work elsewhere, but I did a nice tidy job using the macro_image command, so thought it was worth sharing.

This set of macros gives one-click Inspiration conversion (3-for-1), which can be helpful to players who need to convert unneeded Insps to useful ones on the fly. Most users will need only one or two of them at any one time or for any one alt. Users can either create all three levels of desired conversion, or replace lower ones as alts level to the higher types. All of the relevant macro-icon and Inspiration names can be found in these examples, for further editing. (Thanks to "FDIC" who asked the question and inspired the work here.)

Each macro will create a tray icon of the Insp type to be converted.

Each macro used should be edited to convert to the new Insp type most desired (usually greens and purples).

/macro_image Inspiration_Damage_Resistance_Lvl_1 ORANGE insp_combine "Sturdy" "Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Accuracy_Lvl_1 YELLOW insp_combine "Insight" "Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Endurance_Lvl_1 BLUE insp_combine "Catch a Breath" "Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_resist_sleep_hold_Lvl_1 VIOLET insp_combine "Break Free" "Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Resurrection_Lvl_1 AQUA insp_combine "Awaken" "Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Damage_Lvl_1 RED "insp_combine "Enrage" "Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Defense_Lvl_1 PURPLE insp_combine "Luck" "Respite"

/macro_image Inspiration_Health_Lvl_1 GREEN insp_combine "Respite" "Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Damage_Resistance_Lvl_2 ORANGE2 insp_combine "Rugged" "Good Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Accuracy_Lvl_2 YELLOW2 insp_combine "Keen Insight" "Good Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Endurance_Lvl_2 BLUE2 insp_combine "Take a Breather" "Good Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_resist_sleep_hold_Lvl_2 VIOLET2 insp_combine "Emerge" "Good Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Resurrection_Lvl_2 AQUA2 insp_combine "Bounce Back" "Good Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Damage_Lvl_2 RED2 "insp_combine "Focused Rage" "Good Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Defense_Lvl_2 PURPLE2 insp_combine "Good Luck" "Dramatic Improvement"

/macro_image Inspiration_Health_Lvl_2 GREEN2 insp_combine "Dramatic Improvement" "Good Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Damage_Resistance_Lvl_3 ORANGE3 insp_combine "Robust" "Phenomenal Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Accuracy_Lvl_3 YELLOW3 insp_combine "Uncanny Insight" "Phenomenal Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Endurance_Lvl_3 BLUE3 insp_combine "Second Wind" "Phenomenal Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_resist_sleep_hold_Lvl_3 VIOLET3 insp_combine "Escape" "Phenomenal Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Resurrection_Lvl_3 AQUA3 insp_combine "Restoration" "Phenomenal Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Damage_Lvl_3 RED3 "insp_combine "Righteous Rage" "Phenomenal Luck"

/macro_image Inspiration_Defense_Lvl_3 PURPLE3 insp_combine "Phenomenal Luck" "Resurgence"

/macro_image Inspiration_Health_Lvl_3 GREEN3 insp_combine "Resurgence"Phenomenal Luck"

Macros can be stored in an unused tray and that tray toggled up and down with this simple bind. Set the tray called to the desired tray number (8, 9, etc.)

/bind ALT+I "toggle tray8"

• Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Even though you used Macro's (sigh)... :)

This is really great work...+1 Shenanigunner

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Macros just seem to work better for this power; any could be converted to binds if you really, really insist. :D

Um, dumb error in original post, fixed up there now. (It's 'insp_combine,' not the idiotic 'inexp_combine' or whatever power name I managed to invent on the fly...)

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I wouldn't disagree, but really... converting Insps is not the most elaborate or time-consuming or even combat-critical effort. I think I've reallyreallyreally needed to convert three junkers into a green during combat maybe... two or three times. It's all a convenience system, and shows off the macro_image and floating tray possibilities a bit.

I wouldn't disagree, but really... converting Insps is not the most elaborate or time-consuming or even combat-critical effort. I think I've reallyreallyreally needed to convert three junkers into a green during combat maybe... two or three times. It's all a convenience system, and shows off the macro_image and floating tray possibilities a bit.

You're not a farmer, I take it? Quickly converting reds is key to achieving your best times.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

You're not a farmer, I take it? Quickly converting reds is key to achieving your best times.

I'm a guy who likes two things: playing the game more or less the way it was designed to be played, sans most forms of power-play, and using my writing skills to document the complex technical aspects.

If bang-bang red conversion is a key element for you, the macro is above; a bind set would be even faster. :)

Ok, I'm glad someone understands the OP. I have no idea what to do with this. Can someone provide a more been friendly explanation?

So what they set up are macros which turn 3 of one type of inspiration in to a more desired type of inspiration. Each macro will have the image of the type you are converting.

So if you use, for example:

/macro_image Inspiration_Damage_Resistance_Lvl_1 ORANGE insp_combine "Sturdy" "Luck"

It will create a macro with the image of a small orange inspiration, that when clicked will turn all small orange inspirations you have in to a small purple.

I believe it's possible to make a single macro that will convert all 3 sizes, as I don't think it over extends the limits of a macro- it would look like this:

/macro_image Inspiration_Damage_Resistance_Lvl_1 ORANGE "inspcombine sturdy Enrage$$inspcombine rugged focused_rage$$inspcombine robust righteous_rage"

Which should turn all oranges in to reds

If bang-bang red conversion is a key element for you, the macro is above; a bind set would be even faster. :)

I use a popmenu bound to E, that hitting e turns all my unwanted inspirations to reds, hitting r makes me much a red. Though, I might just put the use command in the combine command, then I can just spam e >.>

Is it possible to post a screenshot of what the macro buttons look like? Are they square like the inspiration or rounded?

Is it possible to post a screenshot of what the macro buttons look like? Are they square like the inspiration or rounded?

Macro buttons go into the power trays...they will always be circular...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

They can go into custom windows too, no? I figured they would be circular/rounded but wasn't sure if using the image overrode that setting. Thanks for the help though!

They can go into custom windows too, no? I figured they would be circular/rounded but wasn't sure if using the image overrode that setting. Thanks for the help though!

That’s a good point...i don't know what a macroimage would look like in a custom window.  It’d still have to be rounded, but would it stretch to fill the more oblong shape in a custom window?  IDK

They are square:

icons.jpg

My guess is that the tray slots are - like nearly all graphic elements - actually square with a circular central form. If you use a square icon, you get a square slot.

Just a note - after using these a while, I created a variation. With the tray folded in half as in the above image, the top five icons convert each type to LUCK. A second row of duplicates, using the Level 2 icons, converts the same five to RESPITE. That lets me create whichever with a click, leaving out only Awaken conversion. Those, and other conversion needs, are so rare I can do them with the tray clicks. You might have other preferences.

Being somewhat CDO about my control layout, I put the Break Free conversion icons in the two end slots so that the other colors are paired.

(CDO? That's OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order! :) )

Ok, I'm glad someone understands the OP. I have no idea what to do with this. Can someone provide a more been friendly explanation?

So what they set up are macros which turn 3 of one type of inspiration in to a more desired type of inspiration. Each macro will have the image of the type you are converting.

So if you use, for example:

It will create a macro with the image of a small orange inspiration, that when clicked will turn all small orange inspirations you have in to a small purple.

I believe it's possible to make a single macro that will convert all 3 sizes, as I don't think it over extends the limits of a macro- it would look like this:

/macro_image Inspiration_Damage_Resistance_Lvl_1 ORANGE "inspcombine sturdy Enrage$$inspcombine rugged focused_rage$$inspcombine robust righteous_rage"

Which should turn all oranges in to reds

I use a popmenu bound to E, that hitting e turns all my unwanted inspirations to reds, hitting r makes me much a red. Though, I might just put the use command in the combine command, then I can just spam e >.>

Concerning the popmenu thing - would you be willing to share how you got about setting something like that up? WIth the hit 'e' to convert, 'r' to munch. That sounds super cool :O

Concerning the popmenu thing - would you be willing to share how you got about setting something like that up? WIth the hit 'e' to convert, 'r' to munch. That sounds super cool :O

OK, so first you need to go to, or create this folder chain in your CoH install:

Data>texts>english>menus

Create a file "damage.mnu" (what I usually have to do is create a text document and then 'save as' to change it to a .mnu)

Open that file with the text editor of your choice, and paste the following in:

//Damage Inspiration Combiner

//

Menu "Damage"

{

Title "Inspirations"

Option "Make Enrage &e" "inspcombine insight enrage$$inspcombine luck enrage$$inspcombine catch_a_breath enrage$$inspcombine respite enrage$$inspcombine sturdy enrage$$inspcombine break_free enrage$$inspcombine awaken enrage$$inspcombine keen_insight focused_rage$$inspcombine good_luck focused_rage$$inspcombine take_a_breather focused_rage$$inspcombine dramatic_improvement focused_rage$$inspcombine rugged focused_rage$$inspcombine emerge focused_rage$$inspcombine bounce_back focused_rage$$inspcombine uncanny_insight righteous_rage$$inspcombine phenomenal_luck righteous_rage$$inspcombine second_wind righteous_rage$$inspcombine resurgence righteous_rage$$inspcombine robust righteous_rage$$inspcombine escape righteous_rage$$inspcombine restoration righteous_rage"

Option "Use &r" "inspexecname righteous_rage$$inspexecname focused_rage$$inspexecname enrage"

}

You can change the keystrokes for the menu by editing where it says "Make Enrage &e" and "Use &r" to whatever keys you wanted, so if you wanted it to be 1 and 2, it would be &1 and &2, for example.

You must reload the game for it to realize there are popmenus to be had.

When you log in to the character you want to do it on

/bind e (or key of your choice) popmenu damage

You can also run all the commands together so you can hit a single keystroke and combine /and/ munch them.

To do that, you replace replace the use section, including quotations ("

Option "Use &r" ") with $$

There's a thread in the guides section that goes in to a bit more detail, and has menus for every inspiration type.

• Thanks 5

Zolgar, I don't use them, but that was very specific and helpful...+1 Inf

I can't get the "combine and munch in one" working. this is what is in my damage.mnu

I I understand it right hitting E twice should combine and munch, or if there is nothing to combine but a red is present, use it anyway (starting with the largest available_?

I see the menu popping up but it does consume anything

//Damage Inspiration Combiner
//

Menu "Damage"

{

Title "Inspirations"

Option "Make Enrage &e" "inspcombine insight enrage$$inspcombine luck enrage$$inspcombine catch_a_breath enrage$$inspcombine respite enrage$$inspcombine sturdy enrage$$inspcombine break_free enrage$$inspcombine awaken enrage$$inspcombine keen_insight focused_rage$$inspcombine good_luck focused_rage$$inspcombine take_a_breather focused_rage$$inspcombine dramatic_improvement focused_rage$$inspcombine rugged focused_rage$$inspcombine emerge focused_rage$$inspcombine bounce_back focused_rage$$inspcombine uncanny_insight righteous_rage$$inspcombine phenomenal_luck righteous_rage$$inspcombine second_wind righteous_rage$$inspcombine resurgence righteous_rage$$inspcombine robust righteous_rage$$inspcombine escape righteous_rage$$inspcombine restoration righteous_rage"$$"inspexecname righteous_rage$$inspexecname focused_rage$$inspexecname enrage"

}

I figured it out, you need a blank line at the top of the file before the word "menu" (it's in the fine print in the /popmenu doc)

I think what I want it a single macro (e.g. damage) that will combine anything available in any size to generate such an insp, so I don;t have to scan for compatible sizes. I think I have all the tools I need in this thread.