Will we ever see events again?

Smoke Ring

On 7/19/2019 at 6:25 PM, GM Capocollo said:

We're planning to have Halloween and Christmas/winter holiday events as soon as they become a little more seasonable.

Woohoo!  Now to get that 10th costume slot, times... wait, how many alts do I have?  I'm going to be busy in October....

On 7/19/2019 at 6:19 PM, AkuTenshiiZero said:

Hmm.  I'll have to fly patrol around Sharkhead tonight, see if he's there or if there are stray Scrapyarders running about.  I have legit not seen him in this incarnation of CoX, I thought he was bugged.

I have fought him, someone called him out in LFG and I managed to get there just in time, and I saw one other call-out since then.  He was not super common even on live, though.  Perhaps the theory about not killing his entourage is correct?  

I've also seen and participated in one Rikti invasion, but that was it.  I'm hoping for more, still need the Bomb badge.  

On 7/19/2019 at 6:00 PM, AkuTenshiiZero said:

Out of curiosity, what server?  Are you seeing alerts?  I see alerts for Steel Canyon fires literally everywhere, regardless of alignment, but no matter how long I camp Sharkhead I never see a miner's strike alert.

Checking my logs, I see just over 80 miner strike alerts over the past month on Everlasting, and I only play about 4 hours a day, mostly in the evenings Eastern time.

I made a dedicated chat tab just for hero/villain zone alerts, so if I run a mission or three, once I am done I can check that tab and see if there are any ongoing zone events I want to attend.

38 minutes ago, Scientist said:

I have fought him, someone called him out in LFG and I managed to get there just in time, and I saw one other call-out since then.  He was not super common even on live, though.  Perhaps the theory about not killing his entourage is correct?  

I've also seen and participated in one Rikti invasion, but that was it.  I'm hoping for more, still need the Bomb badge.  

Yeah, I actually did find him.  In fact, I called him out on LFG, so if you were on Indomitable and responded to someone named Magnum Witch, that was me.

I still haven't seen any alerts, but at least I was able to find him.

18 hours ago, GM Capocollo said:

I've checked with the admins and Summer Blockbuster is a permanent event.

Awesome, thanks for letting us know.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝