Will we ever see events again?

Smoke Ring

Rikti Invasions and Zombie Apocalypses still happen, but with some restrictions now.

The others are holiday-based and we will more than likely see them during the appropriate seasons.

You can already fight the giant pumpkin if you want, as Eochai frequently spawns in Croatoa.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

I just wanted to note that here in the month of July, the Summer Blockbuster Event is running.  It only appeared in 2012, so it didn't have a chance to become an annual tradition because of the shutdown, but the seasonal events are set to run during their relevant times of year.  So the Halloween & Winter events will be back right when you expect them to be, along with the Spring event.  The Rikti Invasion & Zombie Apocalypse zone events are happening regularly.  The game doesn't advertise the events, but there are scheduled & happening.

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

I just wanted to note that here in the month of July, the Summer Blockbuster Event is running.  It only appeared in 2012, so it didn't have a chance to become an annual tradition because of the shutdown, but the seasonal events are set to run during their relevant times of year.  So the Halloween & Winter events will be back right when you expect them to be, along with the Spring event.  The Rikti Invasion & Zombie Apocalypse zone events are happening regularly.  The game doesn't advertise the events, but there are scheduled & happening.

Is Summer Blockbuster leaving after July?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

How does one do this event? I am not familiar with it.... Sounds kinda like the Theater in Kara (from WOW).

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

How does one do this event? I am not familiar with it.... Sounds kinda like the Theater in Kara (from WOW).

It’s in the LFG queue, like DFB or DiB, under Events

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I have yet to see Ghost of Scrapyard spawn.

I've seen people in chat assembling teams to fight him so he does spawn.

Then he's a shy sonofabitch.  Out of curiosity, what server?  Are you seeing alerts?  I see alerts for Steel Canyon fires literally everywhere, regardless of alignment, but no matter how long I camp Sharkhead I never see a miner's strike alert.

Jeez I see alerts for Scrapyard a couple times a week

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

Ghost of Scrapyard spawns mostly on the days of server resets, Tuesdays and Fridays.  You'll find him spawn quite often those days.  Then he'll eventually stop spawning until the server resets again.

Most people in my circle believe it's because people are just killing Ghostie without killing all of his minions.  Since some of the minions stay alive, he doesn't respawn.  Just a theory.  But yeah, your best bet is on server reset days.

Ghost of Scrapyard spawns mostly on the days of server resets, Tuesdays and Fridays.  You'll find him spawn quite often those days.  Then he'll eventually stop spawning until the server resets again.

Most people in my circle believe it's because people are just killing Ghostie without killing all of his minions.  Since some of the minions stay alive, he doesn't respawn.  Just a theory.  But yeah, your best bet is on server reset days.

Hmm.  I'll have to fly patrol around Sharkhead tonight, see if he's there or if there are stray Scrapyarders running about.  I have legit not seen him in this incarnation of CoX, I thought he was bugged.

The Rikti Invasion & Zombie Apocalypse zone events are happening regularly.  The game doesn't advertise the events, but there are scheduled & happening.

I see the announcements all the time, but nothing pops.

The Sky turns red, the street MOBs disappear, and nothing else happens with the Zombies. With the Rikti, the ships pass over and drop bombs and one-shots your pets, but nothing else happens either. No Zombies or Rikti appear.

This was a group event where you did not have to group, kind of like GW2, but you could still have a blast, and if you grouped it was even more fun. I've been part of a Zombie/Rikti PUG that continued on to PUG the zone in CoHV, not once have I seen this happen in CoHH.

Note, I run on redside, and I'm an Altaholic and my highest charter is 16... or was 16.

The Rikti Invasion & Zombie Apocalypse zone events are happening regularly.  The game doesn't advertise the events, but there are scheduled & happening.

The Sky turns red, the street MOBs disappear, and nothing else happens with the Zombies. With the Rikti, the ships pass over and drop bombs and one-shots your pets, but nothing else happens either. No Zombies or Rikti appear.

This was a group event where you did not have to group, kind of like GW2, but you could still have a blast, and if you grouped it was even more fun. I've been part of a Zombie/Rikti PUG that continued on to PUG the zone in CoHV, not once have I seen this happen in CoHH.

Note, I run on redside, and I'm an Altaholic and my highest charter is 16... or was 16.

Your level is why.  You have to be level 25+ for zombies or Rikti to appear.

We're planning to have Halloween and Christmas/winter holiday events as soon as they become a little more seasonable.

When does Blockbuster go away?

• Retired Game Master

We're planning to have Halloween and Christmas/winter holiday events as soon as they become a little more seasonable.

When does Blockbuster go away?

I don't know currently, but it'll be announced well in advance before it does.

• Like 1

Triggering some events are a simple GM command. From the Ourowiki:

n-Game you can use the following commands to start events.

/shardeventstart scriptdefs/Holiday_11_Event.scriptdef

/shardeventstart scriptdefs/Halloween_11_Event.scriptdef

/shardeventstart ScriptDefs/SpringFlingEvent.scriptdef

/shardeventstart ScriptDefs/NemesisPlotShard.scriptdef

/zoneeventstart RiktiInvasion

Then followed by

/zoneeventsignal "RiktiInvasion" "Prelude"

wait for 10 seconds

/zoneeventsignal "RiktiInvasion" "RunMe"

There is also "/shardeventstop" to stop said events

So it should be easy for them to do at least some of these.

Your level is why.  You have to be level 25+ for zombies or Rikti to appear.

Yeah, I fought off a wave of them on PI about two weeks back and it went just like it always had.  Haven't seen a zombie event yet though.

But hey, Summer Blockbuster - is that really going to be put on the shelf after July?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I want Nemesis invasions yo.

"Titan/Bio scrappers are the stealthiest toons in the game."

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."

Yeah, I fought off a wave of them on PI about two weeks back and it went just like it always had.  Haven't seen a zombie event yet though.

But hey, Summer Blockbuster - is that really going to be put on the shelf after July?

I have seen a zombie invasion once while running from the hospital back to a TF...

As for Blockbuster, Mr. Dave, just read 2 posts from you post...It seems like it's safe for a little while...

• 2 weeks later