Best way to get emp merits?

dmaker

I've only been getting them via vet levels, and only vet level 6 right now. So, that seems a pretty slow way to do it. A couple of my incarnates are at Tier 3, but it's going to take a long time if I rely on the emp merits that come via vet levels. 

I believe I heard mention that ITF is the best way? Never done that/those...?  I'm not in an SG currently and don't group that often, which is probably why I find myself at vet level 6 and kind of clueless as to how to go about getting my emp merits.

Thank you.

You get them by leveling up at every 3 vet levels.  That's the easiest way.  By the time vet levels stop giving them out, you'll have enough for a level 4 incarnate power in each slot.

If you want faster rewards, running incarnate level content gives incarnate materials.  TFs and trials like Apex and Tin Mage and the BAF trial give Empyrean merits and incarnate crafting materials.  If you are interested in soloing, you can run the first mission arc in Dark Astoria over and over through Oroboros which can be done in 10-20 mins.  Each run of that gives an Emp merit and a random roll of a incarnate crafting item.  If you get good, you can run it at -1/1 with bosses turned off and finish in 10 mins flat.  

Also, ITF refers to the Imperius Task Force in Cimerora.  That does not give Empyrean merits.  You can select a Nictus shard as a reward which can be used to craft certain alpha slot incarnate powers, but I would not recommend running it for that unless you have a specific alpha upgrade in mond that needs that specific material.

Edited by Omega-202
  • Like 3

There is a thread somewhere around here that recommends doing the 1st story arc in Dark Astoria (https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Heather_Townshend).  This arc takes 15 minutes and can be done repeatedly.  I basically get the mission from my Oro Pillar in my base and then run the mission.  You get 1 EMP for completing and can choose another one or a random incarnate component.

Edited by Lockpick
Fixed typo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

I had no idea about running that first arc via Ouro! This is huge and awesome and going to make upgrading my powers so much easier.

Yep, it's a great way to get incarnate salvage, though you can't pick the rarity level of the incarnate salvage reward choice.  If you set the missions to low difficulty you can run the whole arc in 10-15 minutes (I never seem to go that fast but I know other people do).  If you plan out what salvage you're going to need for all your incarnate slots you'd have a pretty good chance of getting something useful every time.

• Like 2

What? No love for the hami raid? 

Go to your server's hami raid! 4 emp merits is pretty nice for a reward if you need emp merits. We run 3 on excelsior, and my tank will take those on one of the three runs, and when 50 are collected, I make a transcendant merit and email it to my next 50 for a boost in the goal for 50+3. 

Simplest way: just level. By VL50 you will have enough of everything to craft six T4s.

Solo way to supplement leveling: Heather Townsend's arc via Ouro over... And over... And over... And over again. One merit per run plus a crafting component which can be upgraded/downgraded/sidegraded.  Gets boring but does the job.

Fastest way: incarnate trials with a competent leader. A well-done trial positively showers you in components and merits. I crafted a T4 in one evening by just glumming on to a couple runs in a couple hours. Of course the guy leading them was super-competent and the groups gelled very well together.

• Thanks 1

BAF runs are very fast way to T4 out.  I’m vet level 5 and have T4’d out 3 incarnate powers and T3’d all others, two of them twice now and accumulating Emps to T4 those also.  Throw in some MSR runs for fast levels and Threads also.  I hate Hami slideshows personally.