Hasten

I'd almost say the proper option would be to eliminate Hasten all together and bring recharge down on powers everywhere a certain amount to account for Hasten no longer being there. We have lots of other sources to gain global recharge. The low levels before you get set bonuses and other enhancements power recharge takes so long the pace needs to be adjusted.

This would likely never happen though due to the massive undertaking it would be to re-balance all powers for this.

I guess I have never grasped this universal need for faster recharge - not like, oh Stamina, where it was all too easy and common (back in the pre-inherent days) to find oneself sucking wind in the middle of any given fight. With the exception of certain obvious and deliberate outliers, powers with cooldowns of 5 or 20 minutes etc, I've rarely found myself waiting an uncomfortably long time for a recharge. So what drives this? Is it just gotta-go-fast, gotta have the Biggest Numbers?

2 minutes ago, Megajoule said:

I guess I have never grasped this universal need for faster recharge - not like, oh Stamina, where it was all too easy and common (back in the pre-inherent days) to find oneself sucking wind in the middle of any given fight. With the exception of certain obvious and deliberate outliers, powers with cooldowns of 5 or 20 minutes etc, I've rarely found myself waiting an uncomfortably long time for a recharge. So what drives this? Is it just gotta-go-fast, gotta have the Biggest Numbers?

I can't speak for everyone, but Peacebringers and Dominators benefit -vastly- from having Hasten constantly active.

A Humanform Peacebringer who has a Permahasten build can have a permanent 85% Resistance to everything but Psychic with no Endurance cost. In fact Light Form will give them a Recovery Increase. They'll also get permanent Build Up so long as they're willing to click their Inner Light every 30 seconds. Plus fast recharging self-heals and melee attacks. My high-end PB uses permanent Light Form instead of defensive toggles. Yeah it has a crash, but nothing can do 50% of my HP in damage in the 2 seconds between Light Form crashing (while overlapped) and me hitting a Self-Heal button.

Dominators on the other hand become truly BEASTLY with Permadom. Their Controls become Mag 6 instead of Mag 3, meaning they lockdown most bosses and with enough recharge in their hold powers they can shut down EBs and AVs, too. And every time their Domination is triggered their Endurance Bar refills, completely. Without Permadom, Dominators tend to be a fairly squishy sort of character, but with it they're godly.

There's other builds out there which rely on Hasten to reach their maximum potential. Who need Permahasten for it to be constant rather than spiky. It's not for everyone, obviously. But for some ATs and Builds it can mean the difference between being amazing and being mediocre.

It depends on the build. Some builds don't need Hasten, some builds need it to perma 2-4 powers. Some builds need it to put together a clean attack-chain. It depends on the AT and the sets.

Also, you can have perma 85% resist across the board before incarnates if you build your PB a certain way...

Edited by Zepp

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Permadom is a bit of a special case, yes, and I'm wary of it for a simple reason:  for better or worse, it was clearly not the CoV devs' intent that Dominators have those bonuses all the time (thus the entire mechanic).  Before we go about making that the official new baseline, either by granting universal Hasten or rebalancing the AT itself, I think there should probably be a discussion of whether we should, or if that makes them "OP".

Edited by Megajoule

On 8/14/2019 at 3:36 PM, ZeeHero said:

Hasten is pointless for builds which already cap recharge through things like force feedback and time, and for MMs its very skippable.

Uh, the FF proc is a 10% chance for a 5 second burp of +100%.
Also, Mids is mistaken.  The proc doesn't stack.  It simply refreshes the 5 second duration.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

14 hours ago, Megajoule said:

Hasten isn't really needed by any build for any sort of normal gameplay as you can get a lot of global recharge from other sources, it just happens to be a really convenient way of getting 7 purple sets' worth of global recharge. High recharge helps basically any build perform better:

• you get your incredibly powerful stuff like Chrono Shift, Heat Loss, Phantom Army more often (or even up 100% of the time)
  • you get to use your most powerful attacks more often (and can potentially avoid picking a weaker one altogether saving slots)
  • you get to use utility like self heals, crowd control, build up, etc. more often

So for me at least, it's the numbers game combined with the fact that having Hasten allows me to use the most fun powers more frequently.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

6 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Uh, the FF proc is a 10% chance for a 5 second burp of +100%.
Also, Mids is mistaken.  The proc doesn't stack.  It simply refreshes the 5 second duration.

FF proc can be up all the time if you put it on multiple powers. and I thought hasten was 70% which is less.

8 hours ago, Megajoule said:

Permadom is a bit of a special case, yes, and I'm wary of it for a simple reason:  for better or worse, it was clearly not the CoV devs' intent that Dominators have those bonuses all the time (thus the entire mechanic).  Before we go about making that the official new baseline, either by granting universal Hasten or rebalancing the AT itself, I think there should probably be a discussion of whether we should, or if that makes them "OP".

It's definitely something worth considering. But I'm not sure you COULD rebalance the AT at this point to remove Permadom. 

For what it's worth, the Live Devs did rebalance Domination in i15. They pulled the big Damage Bonus out of it and applied it to the AT's baseline damage scales, instead. But in the remaining 8 issues before shutdown they never again moved to change Dominators. They just kept adding new powersets and such.

I feel like they either realized that changing Domination too drastically or removing it to replace it with a new mechanic was just too much change. That the resulting furor in the Dominator Community would make it not worthwhile.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ZeeHero said:

FF proc can be up all the time if you put it on multiple powers. and I thought hasten was 70% which is less.

"Can be."

Yes.  And you can win the lottery too.

There's a "statistical chance" it can happen.
Reality has a way of being much more prosaic.

And yes, Hasten is 70%.  But it's a RELIABLE 70%.  No "Chance to".

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 8/14/2019 at 6:58 PM, Megajoule said:

the possibility of reducing cooldowns still further, into the negatives, so that powers fire even before we form the desire to activate them.)

I would very much like to log in one day and see how many times I was able to fire Lightning Rod while I was at work. 

I approve of this suggestion. 

• Haha 2

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane