Why so little love for claws?

biostem

My initial guess is because they do lethal damage, but barring that, the quick attacks, the mini-build up effect from follow up, and the mid-ranged attacks from focus and shockwave, play rather nicely with the non-stop fury-induced frenzy that brutes are known for.  I'm currently leveling a claws/bio brute, and she's a blast to play.  I only just kitted her out with regular IOs the other night, and it seems like a solid set.  Do you folks have any insight or other advice?  Thanks!

Claws on brutes are actually quite good, since they are not a direct port of scrapper values adjusted for AT modifier.  

Instead, some of the attacks have longer recharge times, with correspondingly higher proportional base damage.  

This can mean a claws brute will get better relative results compared with a scrapper than a set which is a direct port.  

This feature is true to an even larger degree of Widow claws.   

Tankers look like they get a port of the Brute claws which should benefit them as well, but I never played a claws tanker.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with it, as was pointed out already, there are just so many other options these days. Personally? I'm getting heavy into Savage Melee, It strikes pretty fast too, and the animations are quite nice to look at. It's lethal damage as well, but it just feels so fun to play.

I skip swipe, slash and eviscerate, but there are arguments to be made for every power. If slash were one of the first two tiers I'd take it instead of strike so I could put an achilles proc there, but it's not so I don't have the room. Eviscerate I stopped taking when the kb to kd IO made shockwave so good, but plenty of people use and love it.