About Interface procs....

JnEricsonx

Do they just not show up in your combat log?   I have a radial reactive in my Dark/Dark controller atm, so, 25% for some -res, and 25% for fire dot.  I've looked, and reslotted the power, and I swear neither is showing up in the combat log for effects.  Is that just the way it is?

22 hours ago, Justisaur said:

Most of the interface are broken, degenerative seems to be one if not the only one that works right.  ]

Both Core and Radial t4 work, or just one of them?  I picked Reactive for my scrapper since she solos more than she teams, but if Reactive isn't working properly (despite the yellow glows I see on mobs after I hit them, indicating interface proc success), then I may have to rebuild... o_O

3 hours ago, Ideon said:

Both Core and Radial t4 work, or just one of them?  I picked Reactive for my scrapper since she solos more than she teams, but if Reactive isn't working properly (despite the yellow glows I see on mobs after I hit them, indicating interface proc success), then I may have to rebuild... o_O

I can say I used to take Reactive and never saw any yellow glow in mobs (I didn't even know to check for it)

Recently, I decided to give Degen a chance on my spines fire and see that yellow glow ALL the time. So I would say it definitely isn't working correctly on Reactive.

45 minutes ago, JnEricsonx said:

Well, I do now sometimes see the yellow glow, I knew it was my proc because no one else was beating on this boss. 

You can just blast the dummy targets in Rikti War Zone to see if your interface procs show up.  😄

I've read elsewhere that the ones with the larger percentage listed first in the description work. Can't remember if it was on here or help channel but I've not tested myself. sounded ridiculous but possibly just ridiculous enough to be true. I've been using degenerative core.

On 8/17/2019 at 7:46 AM, Ideon said:

TL:DR = For fire dot take T3 Total Radial Conversion - or -take Degenerative Core for -hp, resist & regen.  Everything else is broken.

Everything's broken, just some things are less broken than others, and some of the broken is more that the actual proc is nearly worthless or worthless compared to other procs.  The first number is checked, if it fails you don't get a chance at the second effect.  So core with most is somewhat working as with Reactive you get

75% chance of -2.5% resist.  Then if that succeeds you get 25% chance of the fire dot (really 18.75% since the -resist has to hit) (Edit - see my later post, even 75% is procing more like 50% so the numbers are all off and probably lower than what I stated in this thread)

Radial doesn't really work as you have a 25% of -resist then if that procs you get a 75% chance of the fire dot (18.75% so the same as core, just with less -resist) So it's objectively worse than Core.  Either way -2.5% resist isn't much for either, max of -10% total, but I believe that's still resisted by AVs, so you're really only getting -1.5% or less resist on them.   (Edit: -resist should work at full against AVs since procs are cast by the target on themselves apparently.) 

Oddly if you just want the dot, you're better off with the T3 Total Radial Conversion as that just has a 75% chance, so doesn't need to check for the -resist first, of course that would need testing to make sure it's not 0%.  I'd definitely be interested in that, though of far less use on teams. (edit: post below - procs about 50%)

Same goes for Degenerative really, you want the Core, as Radial still gives you the same chance of toxic dot with 1/3 the chance of the -hp.  However my understanding is the -1000 hp isn't resisted by AVs, so you can get -4000 hp, and that also affects what you need to kill them as well as their regen, or in the case of EBs or lower you can get up to -14% hp, which is better than -resist as it does the same thing as -resist but also lowers their regen and % based healing and is a higher number.  Unfortunately everybody and their brother probably took Degenerative, and I think it's 4 stacks total, so that's going to be maxed out real quick on most teams, but is good for solo.

Diamagnetic core would be better since it has a 100% chance of the -5% to hit, however it also only gives a piddling 15% -regen which on an AV is going to be -1% or less, (Edit: again procs aren't resisted even by AVs, I'm not sure how effective even 4 stacks at -60% is going to be though) and doesn't matter on anything else except GMs, and just how often do you fight GMs?  -to hit might be nice, but almost everyone at incarnate levels is already at defense caps, if you aren't then Diamagnetic is probably better for you.

Cognitive and Spectral are really broken because of that 25% or lower on the top number and no option without that number.  Their effects are too short to stack to affect bosses too and on average you'd have to somehow get 8 attacks in less than 4 seconds to stack an immob or confuse with them, they may be barely infintesimally useful if you already have immobs or confuses that you want a chance of stacking occasionally.  The other ones are really only useful if you think what they provide on that first number is worth something, but I don't see any that look of any interest to me.

Edited by Justisaur
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2019 at 9:15 PM, Ideon said:

You can just blast the dummy targets in Rikti War Zone to see if your interface procs show up.  😄

That's if they don't have the day off. I had them disapear on me quiet often in the last days.

5 hours ago, Ideon said:

Were they this broken back on live or just on homecoming?  I wonder if this is being looked into by the HC team...

I clearly remember them working fine on Live. This is a relatively new issue and one I would very much like to see fixed.

24 minutes ago, Tremalion said:

I clearly remember them working fine on Live. This is a relatively new issue and one I would very much like to see fixed.

First thing to do is check if the team is even aware of this, I guess, haha

I do remember on Live seeing Reactive leaving a notable burning effect very frequently on the 75/25 version I used for my Elec/Storm Corruptor.  I don't recall seeing a resistance debuff showing, but that could just be either hidden or bad memory at work.  But I do distinctively remember a very obvious flame effect when the DoT hit, and I remember it being frequent enough to "feel right."

Here was the thread I was reading before about it

I'm wondering if it's affected by PPM as well, so might not go off much in areas, toggles, etc.  And if it's floored in those that'd explain why people are only seeing one tic if it goes off in those if it checks for each tick. Need to test with a longer recharge single target attack first.

Edited by Justisaur

Did some testing last night with my Bane, Took T3 Reactive Total Radial Conversion. It was procing the dot about half the time on any of my powers so it's definitely not PPM, but it looks like there may be a hidden ~75% chance for interface to activate (could be in place of the -resist proc?) then a separate chance, 75% chance in this case of the actual dot proc. Most of the procs had 4 or 5 ticks in my single target attacks but some had only one or two, so 75% chance there doesn't look right, I'm wondering if the chance for each additional proc is something like 95%? However the area effects seemed to have far fewer ticks, I wasn't as rigorous with the ticks as I was with the chance of going at all, so I could be wrong on that.

I also tested on the wrong Degenerative T3 (25% -hp, 50% dot) I didn't see any procs of the -hp in the combat log, but I was able to see it affecting the hp, since I have surveillance I opened the combat attributes on the enemies, it looked like it was going off probably around the 18% (though hard to tell vs. 25%) I'd expect if there was a 75% hidden chance to activate interface. The toxic dot I did see a few times, if all this is cascading as I said it would be 9%, it seems like it was happening more than that (but definitely no more than when the -hp proc went off), but it was harder to tell because all my more frequent attacks do toxic dot too, and I wasn't able to tell the ticks at all due to that.

With this said, my initial post is still somewhat correct, but the chances are lower. You still want to take something with 75% on the first proc. For a dot you want T3 Reactive (or whichever if you want a different damage type than fire, but lower damage) Total Radial Conversion is working o.k. and since it's not affected by PPM or area it's actually better on fast and/or area attacks. The best choice is still probably T4 Degenerative core if you want a proc that affects -hp (and therefore -regen, -heal, and the same effect as -resist all bundled together)

This still could use a lot more rigorous testing to figure out what's going on exactly.  I still want to make a T4 Degenerative Core to see if the -hp proc is happening at closer to 75% or 50%, and see how the toxic dot is going off or not.
Edited by Justisaur

29 minutes ago, Justisaur said:

This still could use a lot more rigorous testing to figure out what's going on exactly.  I still want to make a T4 Degenerative Core to see if the -hp proc is happening at closer to 75% or 50%, and see how the toxic dot is going off or not.

If you do more rigorous testing, I can probably help you with the calculations/formulas. Keeping track of the effect proc will be simple enough, how many times did you hit a target and how many times did the effect proc: % = effect/hits.

The more rigorous test will be tracking every DoT tick. You will need to track the number of times you hit the target, the number of times you get 1 tick, 2 ticks,...5 ticks. That will require a lot of samples, but we should be able to determine a few things.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

22 hours ago, AkuTenshiiZero said:

I do remember on Live seeing Reactive leaving a notable burning effect very frequently on the 75/25 version I used for my Elec/Storm Corruptor.  I don't recall seeing a resistance debuff showing, but that could just be either hidden or bad memory at work.  But I do distinctively remember a very obvious flame effect when the DoT hit, and I remember it being frequent enough to "feel right."

I think I recall that initially that one was broken and doing way too much damage. I wasn't around for the last year of the game, so I don't know when that was fixed and if the fix caused any other issues.